Palpitations with costochondritis!!! Please help with advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone, has anyone ever had bad palpitations with costo? i have them bad and really worried although everytime o go for an EKG its always clear and no emergencies bit i feel like my heart if jumping out my chest or missing a beat. can anyone relate? please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi cheryl i had costo around 2-3 years ago, i was in the same position, had EKGs numerous times aswell. In my own experience i found that the costo brought on severe anxiety for me which included panic attacks, palpitations. Its quite a common theme costo/anxiety if you look at older threads on here.

Sorry i am not much help

Any questions let me know

• Posted

thanks for your reply, im hoping it goes away soon its more the chest pressure and almost a weird shortness of breath feeling. sis you ever experience this symptom? i guess your right with the increased anxiety. vicious circle 😦

• Posted

Yeah i had this symptom, with me it started with a chest injury from the gym, then sadly it led to a whole lot of other problems, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, chest wall pain, and all in all it probably took me 2 years to recover from it all, you wont take as long to recover i hope. Make sure you stay as stress free as possible, whether that be work/social whatever, because i found that stress made my symptoms and chest pain worse, if you have physical pain use ice packs(i know thats a "duhh") but i found these helped, rescue remedy helped me alot aswell although i had pills from the doctor also which did help me a great deal. Try also to keep busy, the more time you have sitting doing nothing the more time you have to think about it and make anxiety worse. Sorry if this is a bit of a long post, just trying to help others that helped me on this site when i was at my worst, again, any questions just give me a message!

Take care

AOW

• Edited

AOW,thanks so much. i have came off venlafaxine ( worse week ever) will never go near it again i couldnt do they withdrawals a second time. its just horrible all these symptoms. as i said its more the palpitations and winded feeling that is getting me down the pain i can cope with. any tips welcome thanks for the ice one if the pain gets bad or flares up i will try this. hopefully i can get over this soon, thanks and i hope you are keeping well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.