Costochondritis and left breast hurting/burning?

Posted , 24 users are following.

Anyone out there get pain in their left breast with Costco? I have had this weird buring for close to a month now. Ultrasound & mamo were clear. Starting to get very annoying...anyone?

3 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi,

This is exactly where my pain is almost everyday. It shoots all the way to my shoulder and arm but most of the time the pain is just in my chest/under my left breast area. It is certainly very annoying!! 

• Edited

Hi Flava, does you actual breast feel like it's burning or is the pain under your breast?
    • Posted

Mine is a very very sharp pain under/left side of the left breast. The only way for it to go away a lot of the time is to stand straight and breath in and out slowly although sometimes breathing in hurts more.
    • Posted

i know this post is 3 years old but im wondering if you found a cure for this. this is exactly where my pain is. Most of the time i can't lay on my left side.

• Posted

ive just recently been at the drs 2 weeks ago, no cure for this, i also struggle to lie on my left side

• Posted

Hi,

soon my Opinion about costo is that it can be annoying in so many ways. I have 

fever, it hurts more When I have IBS attacks, groin, bladder, everything. But I still don't want to believe that I've gotten fibromyalgia. Even costo can make you tired and feeling hopeless and helpless. I just hope for the best.

• Posted

HI again. The most Important part of my previous answer disappeared. My diagnosis was based on pains that started with my left breast and armpit. Now the pain is mostly under the right breast, like an iron bra. Plus all the other stuff with it, can pop up anywhere...
    • Posted

Hi Conta, so you didn't have sternum or rib pain when you were first diagnosed? Was the pain in your breast or from under it?
    • Posted

Hi. No, just somethin odd with my left breast, on the side, it hurt when my breast touched my arm, and my armpit was hurting, too. Later on I found tender points above the breast and that's how I was diagnosed: The tender point above the breast. My mammogram was ok and was done and cleared just before the pain occurred, so I dint really freak out, which was good. Now I'm worried about the connection between costo and fibromyalgia. There is a clear connection,unfortunately.
    • Posted

Yes there is a connection, I have Fibro as well. I am having a radom sharp pain today in the same breast close the sternum around the 4th or 5th rib! ??
  • Edited

Pam069, I have had them. Not a buring feeling but pain that lingers for awhile then goes away. I haven't noticed a way to make them stop. However, I was put on Presodone and I haven't had the pain since. That was about 2 weeks ago. It may come back. But for now it is good. :-)
    • Posted

Hi Mistyway, in both breasts? I am only getting in in my left, how long did it last?
    • Posted

Hi Pam, No, just the left side. I also get very sharp pains just below my collar bone. Started on the right side but also get these on the left side too. Feels like I'm being stabbed. And the only thing there would be lymph-nodes.

Have you or anyone had these??

• Posted

Forgot to answer your question...the pain would only last a few seconds at a time. I was given steroids and it took it away...for now. That was about two weeks ago.
    • Posted

So no lingering throbbing/achy pain? I am now getting a sharp pain close the the sternum around the 4th or 5th rib? Did you get this?
    • Edited

Mine are directly under the left breast. I would say the pain comes on slow then intensify.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.