Costochondritis and left breast hurting/burning?

Posted , 24 users are following.

Anyone out there get pain in their left breast with Costco? I have had this weird buring for close to a month now. Ultrasound & mamo were clear. Starting to get very annoying...anyone?

3 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Do you take any diabetic meds? It seems to worsen after metformin and insulin and Amaryl. Mine feels like razor blades inside my left breast mostly. Some back burning and itching from shoulder blades down. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Posted

U have a pain  above in my left breast when I breathe I'm concern about it

• Posted

I was diagnosed with costo a week ago. I had been using a heat rub to numb the pain. Today it hurts pretty bad. Been told that i have inflammation in my body that is causing this. I gave up sugar but my husband bought sweetened almond milk which is what caused the flare up today, I think... my rheumatologist prescribed celebrex which I'm not going to take. Anyone has a more natural cure?

• Posted

Hi Fordy

My doctor said I had Costco I have burning pain on both sides but mostly on right side. I think it’s starts after a stressful situation. Sometimes the pain gives me anxiety I ended at the ER and had tests done everything is normal. Anyone have tried chiropractor has it helped? I sometimes get spasms on chest also. Right now it’s been a week since the second attack I wear supportive bra not sure what else to do. Does anyone relate to this?

• Posted

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to share my experience in case anyone goes searching for answers like we all have. The last month and a half I've driven myself crazy thinking I had breast cancer. My breast was burning from the skin into the tissue. Ive had a clear mammogram and ultrasound also. I went to two different doctors and they treated me like I was crazy. They actually put me on nerve medication. I was convinced I was losing my mind because no one could tell me what was going on. I had some bloodwork done and it just so happened that my ANA (that tests for auto immune diseases) came back positive which got me referred to a rheumatologist. He started pressing on different joints and bones and got to my sternum and it was so tender. He asked if that was painful and I told him it was. He diagnosed me with costochondritis. When I asked him if that could cause me to have burning pain in my breast he said definitely because the sternum and breast tissue are so close. I still have the pain from time to time but ibuprofen has helped tremendously!

Hoping this helps someone else like the above post helped me! 

• Posted

Hi Mandy it seems I have the same symptoms. Pain in left breast. Tenderness to touch. Has really given me anxiety but my doctor diagnosed costochondritis, I saw another - not my regular doc who sent me for a breast ultrasound but said it was Costo too. The pain comes and goes but it gets me down. Any Osteo or Physio help anyone ? I’ve not tried, but can’t keep popping nurofen ! 
    • Posted

I have same burning pain in left breast memogram clear but worried

• Posted

Mandy i have same pain started 6 weeks ago memogram and ultra sound clear I am worried

• Posted

Hi Mandy I wondered how long your periods of breast pain can last I've been having pain pretty much every day for the last 8 weeks  - I've had a mammogram and Ultrasound which is okay but the constant nag is getting me down and I keep thinking have they missed something... i've tried rubbing my breast and the surrounding area with Voltarol - it does help but I still know its there... heat pads help a bit - I'm wondering will this ever subside ?

• Posted

Was diagnosed with Costo a couple of years ago.Now have been having pain in left arm, armpit and left breast.There is some burning also.When diagnosed with Costo it was more pain. Any ideas??
  • Edited

I have burning sensation on my left breast, when I’m in pain. I take 500mg naproxen. It just eases it. But it’s very annoying, because it make you think you have something wrong with your breast. I’ve also gone for mammograms and everything was clean. 
    • Posted

same here aswell,having for about 3 months now.

when did yours started ?

• Posted

Mine started November, 2016. In the winter, the pain is worse or if I’m chilled even with the AC in the car. It just comes it goes.  Since I’ve been on this forum, I now know what it is so I don’t panic. I’ve been in the ER 2x for this. The first time in 2003, I spent a week in the hospital, so I could be told there was nothing wrong with me. The 2nd it was overnight for observation. It was never my heart. 
    • Posted

Just had 3d mammo on Thursday so waiting to hear from that. Having burning and pain in breast, and armpit some in shoulder and arm also. So frustrating.Had stress test for heart last year nothing showed up. Feel better knowing other women have this issue and its not the heart or breast cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.