Costochondritis and left breast hurting/burning?

Posted , 24 users are following.

Anyone out there get pain in their left breast with Costco? I have had this weird buring for close to a month now. Ultrasound & mamo were clear. Starting to get very annoying...anyone?

3 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

does anyone gets pain on one side of the breast under arm ?
  • Posted

Where you called back for an ultrasound after your mammogram? I have the sameness symptoms and I was called back for an ultrasound! I’m worried
  • Posted

Iv got it in the same place and the pain shoots down my left arm and sometime all my joints hurt, my back is hurting also like a achy feeling, the doctor diagnosed me with Tietze syndrome I never knew it could cause all this pain every single day on and off and painkillers don’t touch the pain 
    • Posted

Hi Natasha how long have you had the pain I've had it now for over 7 weeks its really getting me down - its not dreadful but I am aware of it all the time pain under my left arm and under my breast and in the nipple what about you..

• Posted

Hi Pam my consultant told me to use voltarol or ibulieve get and rub it all around the breast (the side, under my arm and underneat ) I also rubbed over the entire breast - I did this for 2 days and I now have some relief - see how you go...

• Posted

Hi Pam any relief - I have had relief but I'm still aware of it - its driving me nuts

• Posted

pain just under you chest right along the cartilage that leads to the sternum is common, it get this on both sides left and right at times, also rib pain and upper chest 1 inch or so from the sternum on either side, try using a supportive wrap and putting hot or cold on it and have the wrap hold it in place, the constant pressure from a wrap helps ease the pain for me

• Posted

Just wanted to reply to those of you wondering how long my pain has lasted. It actually went away a lot during the summer but the last couple of months it's been off and on again. I still take ibuprofen when it flares up and I need some relief. Hang in there! I wish i could tell you I don't suffer with the breast pain and sternum and rib tenderness anymore, but unfortunately that isn't the case for me. I hope you all get relief soon!

• Posted

I have it and feel pain on breast and nipple. I am worried if anyone has the pain on nipple like me. I am also worry if the pain will get worse. Some has the serious symptom.

• Posted

i have exactly the same went to my dr said he thinks its hormonal to use ibuprofen gel.. this has helped but still there mildly.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. Currently, I am taking ibuprofen pills. I notice that the nipple and area around nipple gets swollen a bit. Did you have the same symptom? I sometimes can't identify exactly that the pain feeling comes from breast or nipple. I may have to take ultrasound and mammogram.

• Posted

better to be safe than sorry if my pain carries on much longer i will ask for an ultrasound.. had a mammogram 10 months ago. try the ibuprofen gel

• Posted

Thanks so much for the advice. I will take ultrasound and mammogram. Hopefully, the swollen bone will recover.

• Posted

I am almost positive this is what I have... I am nervous enough that I am running to the doctor to rule out breast cancer, but this constant burning sensation radiating to arm and shoulder (especially on that side) and I feel swollen. It feels better if I lay flat on my back and push my breast up on that side, but I also have noticed slight swelling on lower half of my breast starting right at the areola and also at the rib... I was wondering if anyone else has gotten just that smidge of swollen tissue in the actual breast from this? I take Aleve and it barely touches on the pain, but I did notice the more walking I do the better it is and sitting is extremely painful!

• Posted

how are you feeling now ? i had a weird back, chest pain, sternum and side pain off and on for the past 4 months my doctor said it was costo but i am so scared my armpit also is a bit swollen, however i don't feel a swollen lymph, since stopping coffee though all symtoms went away minus the armpit still achie burning and feels swollen still, no lumps of breast, i am only 33 so i al getting a thermography tomorrow, then from there i will decide if i will do a mammo but, everyones symptoms on this seems like mine. i notice like you laying down or sitting i feel the pain more - hope you're well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.