12 yr old daughter diagnosed a couple days ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok.  My daughter was diagnosed a couple days ago and all I can say is it is horrible timing for something like this to pop up, but I am trying to remember that there a lot of worse fates in life.  She has a lot of very fine specks, as well as, her inflamed spots.  Are these specks going to grow in size to be like the others?  She is on acyclovir 3 times a day for 7 days.  I just started the head and shoulders in a cooler shower.  I also have her on omega-3, lysine, ester c, coconut oil capsules.  My theory being to treat from the inside out.  Loose clothing and keeping house cool.  Although, she has athletic camp starting next week every day for 2 hours so I am nervous for that to agitate, but I don’t want this to totally suck the joy out of her summer.  She has minimal if any itching, it is from her chest to her groin with a few miscellaneous spots behind her knees.  No herald  patch. There is such mixed reaction on the PReze cream that I hate to spend the money?  Any thoughts on the specks ?  Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello! 

I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter, fingers crossed this doesn’t last long.  Physical activity caused mine to intensify and get really itchy, but everyone is different.  

Mine started off very fine as well, with a couple spots on my back, abdomen and arms.  Within a few days about 85-90% of my body was covered.  

I’m not sure where you’re from or if it’s warm yet; but a HUGE HUGE help is sunlight.  If she can lay out in the sun with the areas that are affected, it can help loads.  I’m decided to go tanning for 2-3 min.  It’s not much at all and it’s really direct at targeting the spots. 

I thought that I would have it for the 3-4 months.  With the help of & sunlight I had it (from beginning to end) about 3 weeks. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to know more! I’m more than happy to help! 

• Posted

Thanks so much for sharing.  She is at this pre-teen phase where i am finding it challenging to get her to go out in the sun.  It is beyond hot where we are.  I am trying to get her to understand the importance and trying to clear it up as quickly as possible.  Her worst area is honestly in her groin area and I had her try gold bond powder yesterday which already seemed to help the spots dry and scale up a bit.  A little bit of a ruddier appearance.  I will keep working on the sunning!  Thanks
    • Posted

Definetly bless her, I'm a beauty therapist and keep getting conscious being in front of my clients with it all over me but the sunbeds and sun has been the main thing that's helped but I've noticed it's a lot more itchy the dryer it gets

I hope your daughter gets better with it sad

• Posted

She sounds a lot like mine with where they are how they sound like they look and i didn't have a Herald patch. I've had mine for nearly 3 weeks now for the first 2 weeks of just got worse and spread more. I came on here then started following what others said. This week is where I saw a difference. I done things slightly different,

Since Monday, I went on sunbed everyday for 6 mins, been having probiotics drinks everyday, drinking plenty of water, taking an allergy relief everyday for the itching, I've been trying to not shower as I found when I got them wet or anything they got red again.

The patches started to disappear on the middle of my stomach and groin and they were amazingly dry but that's what I wanted.

I went to the gym yesterday morning as I'm meant to be training for a half marathon and it came back to how it was last week. So I think the key is literally dry them out as much as possible, stay as cool as you can, don't get the rash wet or damp or clammy, don't itch and don't moisturize at all. I used the head and shoulders but it BURNT so bad I haven't used it again, for showers I've been having like a flannel shower everyday apart from after the gym.

It's annoying because it did start going down the spots faded the more they dried out there was only light brown patches but it seems any water or moisturiser even sweat all feeds the rash and it comes back angry.

Mine did spread the doctors said it shouldn't but it can sometimes mines gone into my hair line when id sweat and down the side of my face, I noticed the ones on my tummy Aswel all slowly joined together to form bigger patches.

What's worked for me is literally the sunbeds and drying them out massively, sunbeds and not getting it wet or annoyingly not showering.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply.  The most frustrating thing I feel like is the lack of any direct info as to the exact cause and the exact things that help.  This is the first summer where she has planned physical activity as she is wanting to play volleyball next year and are trying to prep her for that.  I do not want them to spread nor worsen in appearance for sure.  I am thankful that for the moment, they seem to be isolated to the torso and groin which can be covered.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.