12 yr old granddaughter has Chiari1 malformation and has glandular fever since Sept 2016

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone any experience of this

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is it Type I and Type II CM, 

Glandular fever is controlled by rest and paracetamol.

• Posted

Hi Krys,

So sorry to hear about this about your granddaugther. I'm afraid I don't really know much about the Chiari1 malformation, but just hoping and praying to God that she gets better.

Glandular fever certainly can take some time to recover from and hit a person hard. It's important they get plenty of rest and make sure they don't overdo it. As a young person there is hope for sure that she will recover quicker than an adult, but still important to take rest and time.

Thinking about you and just hoping and believing things will get better for your granddaughter.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.