12wks post op new pain in scar plate area when weight bearing

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there can anyone put my mind at rest please?

i have been weight bearing for almost 7 weeks now never noticing pain in my plate scar area.

pain has always been in foot and ankle crease area when weight bearing .

physio advised me to wear trainers in house and start weight bearing using crutches which i did with a lot of discomfort but i did jar my ankle a bit when climbing the stairs which seems to have increased the pain site in the plate scar area where i feel pain discomfort when i weight bear .

if i put light pressure an inch down from the top of the scar it is tender to touch .

it would be comforting to know that its normal to feel some discomfort at this stage ?

im worrying myself in case its a sign of a non union ? any advise id appreciate to stop the over thinking in my mind x

thank you xxxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would make an appointment with the surgeon. Mine was still having pain and turns out I need another surgery, I am 22 weeks.

However, my pain didn't stop and come back,it just never went away since the break. Yours could just be scar tissue, only the Dr will be able to find out, they did a CT scan on mine which showed one of the breaks was not healing. Hope this helps.

• Posted

thank you for replying x its awlful having doubts especially when everything was going relatively ok .

im speaking to my physio first tomorrow hopefully as you say a ct scan might put my mind at rest x thank you again

xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi there.

Not sure if this is relative, but here goes. Am at 12 weeks post ORIF and coming along nicely for the most part.

Last week my big silly, exuberant Sheepdog heard my keys rattle. She came tearing around the corner & slammed into my leg (yep, THAT one!). It sort of knocked the breath out of me. Thus I spent the rest of the day & until the wee hours of the morning doing the following: ice, elevate, tylenol, epsom salt soaks... rinse, repeat. I think I even used the heating pad on the upper part of my leg (it was tense & jerky).

Honestly, that did a world of good! The last time I looked at the clock it was 4 a.m. I did make it to PT the next day with only some slight soreness.

Have been progressing along since then.

Hope this encourages you a bit. xxx

• Posted

hi there thank you for your help xx

i felt your panic and pain reading what happened with your gorgeous sheepdog x bless her x

i hope you are back to feeling on track again ?

i have just phoned my physio waiting in a call back , i was able to weight beare to the bathroom getting out of bed this morning bare foot using crutches but when flexing my foot up and down and rotating foot the click pop sensation came from the fibula fracture side where i had a comminuted fracture .

its tender to touch in the exact spot where i feel it click pop on rotation i am hoping fingers crossed that its ligament ? as i havent had any pain in problem in that area since i was told to remove my air cast boot and wear my trainer around the house .

to

play safe i have put the boot back on !

hopefully ill be reassured later today or be offered a ct scan or xray ?

it might be useful to someone else if they have similar symptoms to hear the outcome later so i will post again and thank you very much for your kindness xxx

• Posted

Hi,

Tried your email you gave me to message you, it came back to me, so I sure what went wrong. I was told to walk in the,show too, with crutches,around d the house. I'm 11 weeks post op, same surgery. I find though when I do that, my inside ankle swells up. I don't really like that, because then I can't do my excersises. My point in question, Is so think we need to listen to our own body. I've read that we ,should really be in the boot 12 weeks, with putting a little weight gradually. So I'm doing that. I know for myself, I need to listen to my body more and not please the physio therapist. So, hopefully yours is just a ligament and the physio will sort it out. Best wishes. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.