13 days in on Fluoxetine help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 13 days in on fluoxetine and its been a living hell. Before fluoxetine I've only had one panic attack in my life, ever since i started I've had 3, My anxiety is way worse and the side affects have been so bad i feel like i'm going crazy. Should i try something else? Or am i close to feeling normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there 😃

Yes i went through the same, it is normal for Fluoxetine to increase anxiety and give you whole range of side effects. I have had insomnia, lost of appetite, anxiety through the roof, night sweats, heart palpation, unexplainable fear and feeling of doom, shaky hands and etc.

And it is make you feel like you are going crazy - meds balancing your body out and its up and down process.. It can be like that for a while.. I am on week 15 and just start to feel better.. It is very long process, but don't get discouraged or think it is not working for you and rush to increase dose, stay as you are, take day by day and just tell yourself that's the way meds working and it is getting worse before it gets better. I am here to talk and support any time your need, you are not alone and you will get better. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.