13 months post-op and ankle has not fused. No pain. What should I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 13 months post-op. Xray and CT show no fusion - but I  have no pain. 

Dr. said the reason my ankle may not have fused is that this is my 5th surgery, and the blood flow to my ankle is compromised. I am also 68 yrs old.  I am taking forteo (although surgeon saw no osteoporosis in my ankle bones) and human growth hormone shots daily, along with 10,000 units of D3, B complex and Calcium pills with chelated magnesium.

Doctor said he could operate again, and add some bone plus biologic to force healing. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh sorry to hear that and fusion is tricky . My ankle was fused years ago and now have arthritis in it very painful and blood flow issues. I wear compression socks. So my goodness sorry to say I wish I didn't have it fused because it can't be repaired.

Hope you can find a good solution since your doing all you can to help it . Sending healing blessings for a complete recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.