ladies had felt at this stage. I had my post op check a week ago and

consultant said everything seemed fine though still have internal

stitches. I've taken things very steadily over the last weeks and had

hoped to feel nearly back to 'normal' by now. Would welcome your

comments....x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm nearly six weeks post op for the same, plus sacrospinous fixation so it's too early for me to compare. It reassures me that you still have internal stitches, I have too and thought they'd have dissolved by now. I think the anterior repair ones have gone but the posterior, and higher up, are like hard nylon and poke out!

I have to remind myself that there is so much healing going on inside, with no abdominal wound it's tempting to do too much.

I am getting tummy pains but think this is from my bowels. Apologies for too much information, but I seem to fart non stop and some days get cramp like feelings. Whether it's to do with the surgery I'm not sure. I'm dreading going back to work for that reason, it's all so unpredictable.

It's a long journey to full recovery, we need to be patient.

Hope things settle down soon, are you back at work?

• Posted

Hi Sheila, I'm 68 and retired twelve months ago so, of course, 

don't have to worry about going back to work. I just want to get

back to doing normal jobs in the house but after mopping the

floor tiles in the bathroom had dull abdominal ache for the rest

of the day. Perhaps if I was younger I would be recovering more

quickly...it is what it is so I'll have to be patient. Walking is fine

but not being my 'normal' active I'm putting on weight😩

Best wishes for your recovery xx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

The biggest frustration for me is the limitations on what I can do too, it's all very well resting and lying around but the house needs cleaning, and I'm feeling fat!

Patience is a virtue, one I don't have. 😳

• Posted

I'm worried about that too. I'll be having a vaginal wall repair and hysterectomy. I'm not sure what to expect. It helps reading about everyone's experience

How long til you walked or did any activity

I'm wondering when I could exercise or swim .... any advice?

• Posted

Hi Mar. Iwas encouraged to walk from the beginning, even in hospital I was walking up and down the corridors, with my catheter bag! (That came out on day 2).

Once home I walked everyday, starting by just walking round the block but I'm now up to about an hour, I was reasonably fit beforehand so that was easy.

I asked about swimming and was told to wait until the stitches have dissolved, I am now five weeks and three days post surgery and still have lots of internal stitches.

The surgery was fine, it's the recovery I dreaded, not the pain, the frustration and wait!

Good luck, hope it all goes well, do you have a date?

• Posted

Hi Sheila. Thanks so much for your reply. I'm new to a forum but so appreciate hearing others experiences. My date is July 20. I'm quite nervous.

Did you you have a hysterectomy as well? Mesh?

• Posted

I had a vaginal hysterectomy, sacrospinous fixation (Google it, I had to!) plus an anterior and posterior repair, so no mesh.

How old are you? I'm 58 and am way past the menopause and I do think things got worse after that.

The surgery was fine, well I didn't know anything about it, the pain was very manageable so now it's just being patient and allowing my body to recover fully.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi there. I'm 60. I have had thebotolapse almost 9 years. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so welll and the pain is manageable. Best of luck

• Posted

Lol!! I really should read my message before posting!! A prolapse is what it should have said!!
    • Posted

How are you feeling now? I had surgery 5 weeks ago. I’m just wondering about long term??? 
    • Posted

Well today is exactly a year since my surgery! I’m fully recovered from the surgery and am enjoying being active again. I do still have slight leakage, one of the  reasons I initially opted for surgery, and saw a physiotherapist today. 

Religiously got to do pelvic floor exercises, I’m reluctant to have further surgery, and seeing her again in July. 

It is a long haul, what surgery did you have jaquetta?

• Posted

Hi Marla

I am 13 wks tvh and anterior repair.

I think I've had a text book surgery too be honest and it was nothing to worry about.

I have been very good and not done any housework as my husband took 3 weeks off which was wonderful,even now he will do all housework and wAshing.. I have started hanging up small items on line but so careful what I do.

It takes up to 6 mths to anyway for our body to recover internally so I always have that in my mind.

I was told no high impact every for life,but swimmibg,walking,cycling are the best exercise to do.

I'm starting back swimming next week so I'm being really cautious. Good luck hun you will be fine.Keep in touchxx

• Posted

Woodie

I have had no pain from my tvh and anterior repair.

Just a few cramps first week and nothing since. I did have a bloated tummy for weeks though.

It's normal to get pain,so don't worry about it.

If your concerned go back to c consultant hun.

Keep healing wellxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.