13 year old abdominal pain, vomit & nausea!?!?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello..I am reaching out for help. I have a 13 year old that had a reoccuring ovarian cyst that lasted 3 months which finally ruptured!!! HOWEVER, she is having consent abdominal pain, throwing up atleast 4 to 5 times a week, nausea, and now she has lost weight. The throwing up has finally stopped as of a week ago. but the other symptoms still exits. You can see the dark redishes lines all over her stomach from the pic below. We have been to GYN, they see nothing. Pediatrican doesn't know. Gastro doc is did endoscopy which her intestine and stomach looks fine. now we are running stool for parisites. Has any had this??? She had this last year and it went away. But this time it seems to be lasting longer. Docs have nothing to say about the lines on her stomach as if it's normal. We have ran so many test and xrays. but i have to keep calling the doctors because they are dropping the ball, moving so slowiy, no sense of urgency, forgetting to call back. What could this be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My daughter is also 13 - she has suffered for 4/5 years with very similar symptoms - nausea, stomach pain which can be severe at times, diahorrea. She has been diagnosed with acid reflux and chronic oesophagitis. She has had blood tests, colonoscopy, endoscopy, and stool tests - all which seem to be negative. She has had a gene test for coeliac - also negative. 

She tends to be worse over the winter montths when viruses are going round school - unfortunately her friends get a bug that last 24/48 hours but my daughter has it for weeks !!!! It makes her so lethargic and unable to attend school.

You say your daughter had ovarian cysts - were these discovered by the doctors before they burst ? Has your daughter had all the tests I mention ? I would keep pushing the doctors as like me you do need answers - this "illness" - whatever it is starts to take over their lives and at 13 they shouldn't have to put up with constantly being ill !!!!!

Hope you get to the bottom of it all.

• Posted

Thanks Alison9908. Yes, we got all those test except for colonoscopy. She doesn't ever have diarrehea...if anything she was consitpated once or twice, but that was resolved with Mylax. The stool sample just came back yesterday and is negative. Yes, the ovarian cysts was detected by doctors in December. She had one last summer also, around June and it ruptured. The next step is an Allegergist...to see if she is have a reaction. I can't imagine 5 years...your poor daughter!!!
    • Posted

oh and as far as the cyst... the only option (other than surgery) is too put her on birth control. sad   at 13  sad  
  • Posted

Awww how awfull for your poor daughter and how young to have had an ovarian cyst. She really does need help and its not good the way your left to be anxious about it on your own, have you googled the symptoms to see what the causes could be, presume they have checked her hormone levels. Hope you get this sorted soon.
    • Posted

Thanks susan 556! Well we went to the gyn... not sure if they checked her hormone levels. I know they are putting her on birth control to control the cyst. so that may help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.