13 years with BV. Finally I am free.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started having issues with Bv 13 yrs ago after my child was born. Needless to say i have gone through the oral, vaginal antibiotics to only have it return the next time i had a period or sex. Also tried vinegar baths , garlic cloves hell i don't know which smell was worst. anyway a year ago i bought the cheap probiotics at dollar general. the directions called for 2 a day maybe. oh this is after the gel form of of ph balance mess. well 2 a day was not helping. so i upped my dosage to 2 a day on a regular basis for about a month, but if i had sex i took 1 or 2 extra for a couple days. after dealing with this every few weeks for years, i have only had 1 small episode(when i forgot to take them) in over a year and a half. may wanna ask your doctor because i am not in medical field. but was willing to try anything to get rid of this crap once and for all.

good luck. hope this helps someone. (have been know to take 4 or 5 a day if i havent had sex in a while. but No Bv odor or discharge.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello! Are sexually active in that 13 yrs? How about pregnancy? Do you have a healthy baby?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.