13year old son weird rash

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hiya don't no if am in the right place here but my son as had a red purple flat type rash just in one place on his chest it comes n goes n can last from n hour to a day its not itchy n looks like a burst blood vessel or love bite type colour it always comes back in same place same shape n colour a few week ago his urine was clear like water this weekend he had a sore neck couldn't turn his head to the left that went n now he has a sore spine in middle of his shoulders I have took him docters but because the rash wasn't there he said there wasn't anything he could do just a little worried thanks

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If the rash wasn't there then the doctor can't evaluate that, but he or she can do testing like blood tests and feel lymph nodes for inflamation. They can also put together all the symptoms and try to figure out what is going on. There are things they can do to find out what might be the cause.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I didn't even think of doing that as I was just worrying myself thinking it was serious and didn't think it could be n allergy or something with it just being in one place thank you again
  • Posted

Can you take a picture of the rash when it does occur so that you can show the doctor?  I do not know what it coud be, but keep pushing to find out.  Keep notes about each change your son goes through in case a doctor can see a pattern.

Hope all turns out well,

Dawn, USA

• Posted

Make sure he s tested for a tick bite - lyme disease. It sounds like he very well could have been bitte and best to get doxycylcline right away if that is the diagnosis.
  • Posted

Sorry for the errors: Make sure he is tested for a tick bite - lyme disease. It sounds like he very well could have been bitten, and best to get doxycylclinetreatment right away if that is the diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.