Skip to content
Ad

Other Conditions and General Health

Also known as Amyloidosis, Familial Mediterranean Fever, General Health, Tiredness/General Fatigue

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Sick but have no idea what it is.

I'm 18 y/o and have been sick like I have the flu or cold for 5 days now with a come and go temperature. I havent actually gone to see an actual doctor but because my mom works in an ER she was able to run tests on her own for me. Everything came back normal. No flu. No strep. And even my white blood...

• Killies Killies

Help! Weird symptoms!

Hello! I am sorry to take some of your precious time, but I am feeling quite bad right now. I’ve ad migraines for a while now (Constantly, they don’t go away) but today, it’s really bad. My heart was pounding quite fast just a moment ago, and my vision is flashy and sensible. My body is also incredibly...

• XoMonkey XoMonkey

This sickness for 3 weeks..

3 weeks ago it started off as a really sore throat, which then turned into a cold and then I lost my voice. My cold eventually went a week ago, my voice has returned but I developed a cough which I still have (it's really chesty). I've had more symptoms now but I'm feeling so under the weather...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • constant yawning and lightheadedness...

Hi everyone, I am suffering from the following weird symptoms from past 1 year. The symptoms are constant yawning even when not stressed and they get worse when stressed, lightheadedness on standing and sitting for too long, headache pressure like all over head especially forehead, temples...

Last reply
  • Feel so tired

I feel so tired all the time and aching jounts. I am sleeping for 9-10hrs a night but still falling asleep after work on the sofa every night. I also feel sick after i have eaten. I have recently lost 3 stone and go to the gym 4 times a week. Tia

Last reply
  • Hemmorhoidectomy. Then prolapsed hemmorhoids

I had a 'simple' hemmorhoidectomy to remove one hemmorhoid. Since then I have mannnny prolapsed hemmorhoids extending and I feel like my rectum is tearing. My dr won't call me back. I think he thinks I'm complaining of pain of removal. I went to ER and they called him and he told them...

Last reply
  • Dripping after urinating.

I recently noticed about 3-4months ago that after I urinated my boxers would get a wet spot. So about 2 weeks ago I started doing some reserch. No conclusion was found. So i've come here to ask if it's normal and should i worry. I am a 14 year old male. After i urinate a couple of drops come...

Last reply
  • Sick but have no idea what it is.

I'm 18 y/o and have been sick like I have the flu or cold for 5 days now with a come and go temperature. I havent actually gone to see an actual doctor but because my mom works in an ER she was able to run tests on her own for me. Everything came back normal. No flu. No strep. And even my white blood...

Posted
  • Enlarged dpleen

My latest ct scan says my spleen measures 16cm. I have cerousis of the liver and recently diagnosed with liver cancer. Shouldn't I be worried about it being so enlarged. Aliso my cancer Dr wants to do a precedure on me and I am not sure that is a good idea while my spleen is enlarged. Very worried...

Last reply
  • Spleen size of 13.2cm should I be worried?

I recently had an ultrasound to check my kidneys and was found to have a mildly enlarged spleen at 13.2cm. My doctors have told me not to worry as this is just outside the normal range but I am VERY worried.I am male aged 57.

Last reply
  • Help! Weird symptoms!

Hello! I am sorry to take some of your precious time, but I am feeling quite bad right now. I’ve ad migraines for a while now (Constantly, they don’t go away) but today, it’s really bad. My heart was pounding quite fast just a moment ago, and my vision is flashy and sensible. My body is also incredibly...

Posted
  • Thumb sucking as a teenager causes receeding/weak chin?

pretty much what the title suggests, i havent got an open bite, ross bite or what was described as a bucky beaver smile however i do have so e what a receding or weak chin except facial excercises have improved it. My top row of teeth do'overbite' slightly 

Last reply
  • Hotness of the body

I have been having hotness of the body which started from the legs and now feet and mostly all over the body for years now.  Each time I carry out test, nothing seems to be the cause and I have but am always giving medicines. One of my doc as me to reduce intake of red meat and still, it's always...

Last reply
  • pain under right rib cage only at night

I am 30 year old...I feel pain under right rib cage only at night when I sleep on my Right side. When I sleep on the left side or the back I not feel pain. Pain is not strong, I feel litle stronger pain only when I change my sleeping side from right to left. A few minutes pass. I do not remember the...

Last reply
  • This sickness for 3 weeks..

3 weeks ago it started off as a really sore throat, which then turned into a cold and then I lost my voice. My cold eventually went a week ago, my voice has returned but I developed a cough which I still have (it's really chesty). I've had more symptoms now but I'm feeling so under the weather...

Posted
  • GP doing blood tests

Can a GP take blood in a GP surgery when a nurse is not available, are they experienced enough?I mean no offense, i know they would be qualified, but of course they do do not do it daily like nurse would, so i am wondering if it would not be better to see a nurse. Thanks

Last reply
  • Time to switch doctor?

I got a new family doctor because my old one moved couple years ago and since I had a breathless day and went to ER. After 4 month the doctor did not tell me anything and claim "nothing weird" and tell me its just anxiety. I am ok, sure. I don;t have lower back pain and shoulder usually maybe...

Last reply
  • Rotary cuff op

Hi I'm 11 weeks post tendon rotary cuff op, and I'm in so much pain when I lift the arm. In the bicep area mainly. I'm wondering if Iv ova done things and the tendon had re teared. Help I'm beside myself still off work. Feels like it's neva going to get beta. 

Last reply
  • Possibly Thyroid issues - Can't get help

I'm 29 year old woman from Australia. For years i have suffered from severe headaches and migraines, unexplained weight gain, depression, skin dryness and general fatigue. In my family there are two close cousins that have been diagnosed with thyroid issues and they have received medication that...

Last reply
  • Stitches and excercise

I had stitches in multiple places on my arm following an accident. They were removed after 7 days 5 days ago. Is it safe to work out with weights?

Posted
  • Shoe stench

Recently I noticed a stench from my shoes. It would only be strong when I had my shoes literally right up to my nose (my shoes were taken off.) I would feel like at times when I've got my shoes on that I would get a little whiff of it, but I could also be imagining it . I've been paranoid about...

Last reply
  • Why do I feel so unwell all the time?

I suffer from depression and anxiety, and while I know that these are major factors in affecting general health and wellbeing I am beginning to feel so fed up with feeling unwell all of the time. I'm so drained and exhausted all the time, I have constant pallor, dark circles under my eyes, terrible...

Last reply
  • Severe Fatigue with No Answers

Long post but I could REALLY use thoughts and advice. Context: I am a junior in college diagnosed with depression in Spring of 2016 and ADHD Inattentive Subtype in Fall of 2016.  Depression primarily resolved through the use of Effexor (75 mg), although still experiencing severe anhedonia and lack...

Posted
  • Lips getting dry, and always feeling dehydrated

Hi, Hopefully this is an appropriate forum to post In the last few months (prior to the winter stating), I have been really suffereing with feeling dehydrated and cracked lips (see photo). I've never suffered from this before, and I'm trying to work out what could be causing it. I've...

Last reply
  • Risk Management Solutions

Risk is defined as the potential hazard, harm or side effect of an activity. Almost all activities come with some or another form of risk, which needs to be mitigated or eliminated. Risk management is a major issue for regulatory compliance professionals. Our resources directory is a medium that helps...

Posted
  • Chest pain

I am a 21 year old male, 165 lbs about 6ft. I've been having chest pains in my chest for months now. I've been to my Dr multiple times and to the emergency room multiple times. I've had blood work, chest exrays, ekg's, ecg's, catscangs, and an ultra sound. They said everything looks...

Last reply
  • Chest, Shoulder, & Lower Throat tightness, Ear/Jaw Pain

Started about 3 months ago, occurs randomly usually during or after I eat. My chest will feel like its tightening, like all the muscles around my heart are contracting and squeezing my heart. Should will feel like muscles are tightening too, and it will be hard/painful to move them. Throat will feel...

Last reply
  • Redness on bottom of feet

Hey! So for quite a while now, I've had constant redness on the bottom of my feet and I just want to know how to get rid of it. Thanks!

Last reply
  • PATIENT HISTORY: THE INTEGRAL PART OF THE MEDICAL REPORT

It is true ‘Listen to your patient, and they tell you the diagnosis’. Modern medicine practices are ethically bound to documentation of the data generated during patient’s treatment. Documenting complete information of the illness and treatment has generated enormous medical records. It can be history...

Last reply
  • My meds and fatigue.

I may have posted this before but, have forgotten. Hi, I have been on my present pain control pathway for some time now, and always feel fatigued. Naproxen 500 mg twice a day. Gabapentin 900 mg three times a day. 40 mg Amatriptaline at night 10 microns morphine patch 24/7. Statins and fluoxetine....

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.