Skip to content
Ad

Other Conditions and General Health

Also known as Amyloidosis, Familial Mediterranean Fever, General Health, Tiredness/General Fatigue

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Unexplained bruising

Hi, I'm 39, female and consider myself to be in good health. However I've noticed the last few weeks a significant number of bruises appearing on my legs without ant trauma to explain them! I can't recall bumping into anything yet I have maybe 13 bruises on my legs, ranging from ankles to...

Posted
  • Never ending blisters

I get blisters on the outside of my right and left big toes from playing soccer. Double socking doesn't work, and new cleats are out of the question. The only that seems to work is donut shaped mole skin around the affected area. But constantly having to buy, cut out, and put on moleskin is very...

Last reply
  • I've been constipated for nearly 2 months

Hi, this is my third time being impacted/constipated for over a month and this time has been the worse. Usually I put up with the pain and take the medication and use enemas until I'm not constipated anymore but this time it doesn't seem to work. The first two times I was impacted I didn't...

Last reply
  • eggs in stool? (warning graphic) parasites?

hello, I was wondering if anybody could identify if these are some kind of eggs in my stool? They are kid of white & circular, some looked a little silicone like. Last night I noticed maybe around 50 of these in my stool. I have felt ill with a huge range of symptoms including fatigue, muscle...

Last reply
  • Weird feelings in scalp/brain?

At first it was like bugs crawling up my scalp and then spreading. And some shooting/flares of burning in various places. Scary and intense. And didnt really go away for days. Nerve pain? I'm not diabetic tho. They said it might be my muscle spasm pressing on my spine but not as far as I can tell......

Posted
  • Is it dangerous

Hello, i've been using a Electric Resistance Water Heater just like the one in the picture for the past two months to heat my bathing water, and i wanted to ask if its bad for my health, or does it have any side effects on a long term. Thenk you 

Posted
  • I don't know what to do

I'm a 4th year medical student now and my problem is the studying part....for the past two years our college gave us exams every single days and you have to study like everyday and it was a very tough time for me but I passed with high marks and when 3rd year started till now we haven't had any...

Last reply
  • Offering free assistance

Hello all; as I wish to share my support and knowledge of physical|mental health and life in general without letting business and money get in the way, I have set up a website to provide 100% free counseling, health/life coaching, advice and more. Forums like these are great, but in case anyone wants...

Posted
  • I need advice on pain and fatigue

I have suffered pain, fatique and depression for many years and after a lot of meds, counciling, new bed, pillows etc I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I am struggling with this a lot as I am a single mother of 3 trying to keep a job but find it hard getting out of bed most days to deal with kids...

Posted
  • Extremely low blood pressure?

Hi I am 20 years old and my blood pressure is very low! I just got back from work with a big headache, went to try my bp and it's very low as usual. I take O.R.S hyrdating tablets and bovril but doesn't seem to work. I'm always feeling dizzy like I am about to faint and start shaking. Any...

Last reply
  • Resistant bacteria in urine

I have fowlers syndrome a suprapubic catheter lost a kidney in 2012 due to sever utis and kidney infections I pretty much have a infection all the time I got this letter from my gp asking me to make an appointment as my urine sample showed resistant bacteria I'm wanting to know what this means I...

Posted
  • Please Answer

Age:17, Gender: Male Hello,I came here to get answers for some questions. I talked to a General Medicine doctor today for my rabies anxiety.So my incidents are following 1.4years ago a german shepherd pet dog of my friend's scratched me in my hand that dog died 1.5year after he bit me,i was scared...

Posted
  • URGENT HELP NEEDED

I'm in so much pain right now. The whole right side of me just has stabbing pain and it won't stop and I can't breathe properly when I'm suffering. It's better when I lie down (full on when I sit up) but even then I get the dull ache. What do I do? Do I seek help? It only started...

Last reply
  • Pain in Leg (Tibia or Fibula or Shin) for 7 years.

I have pain in right leg (Tibia or Fibula or Shin). Generally, it is good, facing no problem in daily routine/life but when I start running or working out, it hurts near these parts (Tibia or Fibula or Shin). Now Facing similar pain in my right-hand forearm. It's like when I lift something...

Posted
  • Mystery symptoms - can anyone help?

I’m sharing this to see if anyone has experienced something similar. Sorry it’s a long read but hopefully someone can help!  So just to set the scene, up until the early hours of last Friday morning (when I can last remember), I felt absolutely fine.  On Saturday morning, I woke up with a...

Posted
  • Confused

I have hsv1 and  have had it for a few years. I told the guy I had been seeing for a few weeks that i have it and now he ended it. Before he said he was glad I told him and that he would never leave. Now its happened and I feel that since he's said that, then others I meet will say the same...

Posted
  • Not a morning person, and why are we like this

For many months I wake up feeling really grotty.    It doesn't last very long.  It takes me a long while to come to.   Also immediately on waking up a very slight depression, a bit nauseous.     One I have had breakfast and a drink I am fine and feel...

Last reply
  • PAD?

Had a private health test done. An ankle brachial index test. The result was 1.33 ratio. Read online that it should be between 1.0-1.4, which is a worryingly near 1.33? The reading was 0.9, both of these being deemed acceptable. But again, read that this is borderline abnormal level, suggesting some...

Posted
  • 3 weeks virus. Coming and going. Kidney pain and bad fever. HELP

I tried to make the title sound as vague as possible and it turns out it cant SOUND more vague haha! So three weeks ago I went to Northern ireland, it was my first flight(im 24..I know..long story!) annnnd immediately when I came home, I had a very mild cold. Throat, baaad cough, then sinusitis symptoms...

Posted
  • Consistent lumps, more symptoms

I've had 5 lumps in the past month with 3 prescriptions of antibiotics. They occure in both of my armpits (if its on one side, it'll go and go on the other side). They say its an abscess, it's red and swollen. I get shooting pains down my arm which are agonising from it. I get it occasionally...

Last reply
  • People use this website incorrectly

Makes me giggle some of the things i come across on this website!! I read some things and i'm like, 'just go to a dr'. There are some people on here who are trying to upload images of certain parts of their body to get medical advice from people who aren't medically trained it's like...

Last reply
  • 11 days vomiting unable to keep food or water down

Im in desperate need of help! My girlfriend has been extremely sick for 11 days now, after countless trips to A and E and doctors surgeries we are being fobbed off every time, her bloods and tests all come back normal and she is just keeping enough water down to stay hydrated but in a lot of pain and...

Last reply
  • All sorts of pains, what's causing it?

I'm a 27 year old female whole lives a fairly healthy and active lifestyle. Two weeks ago I had a cold with the usual coughing, fever, sore throat, tiredness etc. I still have a cough, chest tightness and the occasional sore throat. However, over the past week I've also been experiencing chest...

Last reply
  • Vagina sensitive. Help needed

Hey guys bit of info and the story. I'm 32 and a mother of one. Been with same partner for 6 years now. About 1.5 weeks ago I started getting stinging when I wee, and I like self diagnosing so thought " oh a UTI " I went to the Dr and put in a urine sample but it came back clear so...

Posted
  • Swelling lymph nodes and several rashes

To start, I am a relatively healthy 20 year old female living in Canada. For the past 7 months I have had multiple health complications. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of caring and general knowledge within the Canadian health care system. Starting in January (7 months ago) I began...

Last reply
  • Random bruises on arm and swelling

Okay so it all started with like a little lump the size of a pea that was on my arm it didn't look like a bite because it was underneath the skin. I went to the hospital because it looked as if was my upper arm was bigger than the other. I have fat arms but my upper arm was extremely big 😂😂...

Posted
  • Is anyone fed up with this site....

when the page loads? You get an email to say there's a reply get to the page star reading and then the page shifts around while the adverts load in. When I made websites I put in placeholders for those thing so the reader is not offended by such behaviour!

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.