Getting pregnant with PCOD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just had a scan , I have PCOD , what can the Gp do to help me get pregnant , been trying for a year now , any advice please ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Claire,the GP can give you medication that will help. If the first medication doesnt work then another can be tried. It may take a while as you are finding out , but dont despair, it can be done. He/she can also refer you to a fertility clinic if you are in UK but often they wont see you until you have been taking GP medication for a year and you have been "trying" for at least 2 years.

There are other factors you might like to try.

1] If you are overweight try to slim down......this is sometimes all it takes.

2] An old fashioned method but it really works.......if you know a new mother ask if you can hold their new baby, and try to relax with it in your arms. Ask the new mum if she would let you visit for a few weeks and hold the baby. Explain the reason why.

3] Try not to let the desire for a baby take over your whole life. you need to relax. Difficult I know.

4] Has your partner had his sperm assessed for fertility? This is essential.

Good luck Claire.

• Posted

If you still struggling then i can suggest some basic actions which will really increase the chances of getting pregnant

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.