Urine retension

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does this sound like a urine infection? Often feel pressure in the lower abdomen and it’s distended. I don’t have burning when I urinate, but I struggle to release it, sometimes there’s next to nothing, other times it flows a little, sometimes it’s almost normal. I can’t take antibiotics as I have chronic Gastritis and suffering badly with stomach issues. I tried D-Manose, for those of you that don’t know what it is, it’s simply the ingredient in cranberries that fights urine infections. Sadly this hasn’t worked for me, despite numerous people saying they got rid of their infection after taking this supplement for two days. Could it be something else that’s causing urine retention? What other conditions could cause this? Glad of any responses to this, 🙏 Thanks. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I have had so many bladder infections and can relate to what you are going through. You definately should go to see your doctor. Until then you can purchase over the counter a product called AZO. It will help after a couple of doses. The discomfort and spasms will get better if you are expierencing these. Its wonderful when cant see doctor right away. And I know cranberry juice helps also. I get like cranberry-grape or a cranberry mixture because regular cranberry juice is too tart and strong tasting. I hope this helps you feel better.

God bless you

kristyk

• Posted

I’m wondering if it’s Candida related, I know this can cause a urine infection. I don’t really get them often. I was on the D-Manose  a few days, it didn’t work, then I took two raw garlic cloves. Next thing I knew, I could see that I had thrush, I’m wondering if Candida has got through as this can affect a lot of the body. Think the garlic has maybe attacked the thrush. Thanks for your advice 👍😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.