I can't stand this pain in my Jaw any more. I need something done.

Posted , 2 users are following.

For well over a year now I've suffered from an issue with my jaw.

When I'm not being dismissed by both the dentist and GP the best explanation they can give me is that it is stress induced. That when I'm going through something particularly stressful I will grind my teeth in my sleep, overwork the jaw and pull the muscles in my sleep.

I have been told that the issue will go away on it's own every time but it lasts for weeks and seems to be brought on with more frequency as time goes on.

When this happens I can't even eat, as the pulled muscle prevents me from opening my teeth.

They say it is stress induced and that I need to relax. These people don't understand that my life for the past 20 years has been nothing but stress. I can't just magically relax. it isn't possible.

I need some medical intervention. I need pain killers or something to relax the muscles, but they just fob me off every time telling me it will get better on it's own but it's been a chronic issue for over a year.

Dose anyone have any advise as to where I can go to actually get something done?

To find someone who will actually listen to me?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I dont know what you have tried but these tips may be useful

Dont drink any alcohol or tea or coffee or coca cola 2 hours before you go to bed. Just avoid anything with caffeine

Dont use your phone at least 2 hours before bed. I'm talking about looking at your phone, and scrolling for hours.

Try taking 2 Ibuprofen just before you lay down to sleep

Get a "sleep guard". Its like a gumshield and wear at night.

Try to identify the stress points in your life and try to eradicate them or work on them so they are not stressful any more. Would some talking therapy help you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.