14 months after TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello to all , i had both my knees done with one year apart , the left knee was the second and it was done 24 th October 2018 , now the right knee is perfect and it benbs well , i dont know what went wrong with the recovery of the second knee maybe i did not excesice as much but i am suffering now , going up and down stairs , bending is not perfect . i am 68 years old and suffer with COPD so strenious excersizing is not an option but i go aqua cycling once a weeks . Is this it now , do i have to live with it like that for the rest of my days ?? i am about to become a granparent so i need to be able to cope , any suggestions would be very much appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm almost 72. The muscle rebuild starts very slowly and takes a few months to finish. The goal is to regain your strength so you can do stairs like a normal person...

Post-TKR Exercising

This is not strenuous. Start with little to no weight and work your way up. Cycling is good but you need the strength exercises to regain all the muscle you lost.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.