14 Week of Claim ESA

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Is it true that you will get backdated, for the assessment 14 week of claim. Its been 12 weeks now I have had no decison letter yet come to the post.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes that's correct money will be back dated if you're put into one of the groups. Have you been sent an ESA50 form to fill in and return? If you have did you send in evidence to support your claim? face to face assessment will most likely be needed. These can take months and months, some are wait 10 months or more for one.

• Posted

I have been assess on 24th February, but there is mixed up with the wrong national insurance number. Do I still get the back date on May 31 the 14 week.
    • Posted

You've been to a face to face assessment? If so and this was before the start of week 14 IF you're successfully put into one of the groups then there wouldn't be any back pay to backdate you with. Assessment phase is for 13 weeks and if you're put into one of the groups the money starts from week 14 and not before.

• Posted

I have been to face to face assement on 24th february, its before week 14.
    • Posted

It says online that If the assessment takes longer than 13 weeks your benefit will be backdated to the 14th week of the claim.
    • Posted

Yes that's right that's what ive been saying. If it's longer than 14 weeks and you're successsully put into either the WRAG or Support Group then your money will be back dated. If it's not longer than that then your money will increase on week 14 of your claim. You can always ring DWP and ask if a decision has been made.

• Posted

If it's longer than that my money will increase on week 14 of your claim.

• Posted

As I've already stated it will only increase if you're put into one of the 2 groups. Having a limited capability for work is no garentee. If you're found fit for work there will be no money to increase. Please ring DWP and ask if a decision has been made.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.