14 weeks out with TKR infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

saw doctor last week and he sent me for ultrasound. I had seroma on back of knee causing knife like pain and I have severe fluid on my knee,  I went to see doctor today 3-26-18 and I called in advance that I needed a cortisone shot for pain. The doctor was going to get me nonsteroidal pain medication but the specialty pharmacy sent anabolic steroids which I decided to use and it caused me to get extremely nauseated.  Ended up in ER from the medication.  I wanted to get a steroid shot for my TKR pain and I called doctor office and I was told I could get one with my extreme pain. I went toda, 3-26-18 at 9:30am.  I was to see the doctor but a PA showed up and I told him I had extreme pain.  He said he could tell my leg was swollen.  I told him I was in extreme pain crying all of the time.  He said there was nothing I could do. I left and went to ER with a high BP, 102 temperature and when they pushed on my knee, infection poured out of the incision.  So I will need another surgery.  I am not going back to my doctor.  On IV antibiotics in hospital until I can get a doctor to look at my knee.  So all of you out there on blogs I read telling people it will get better need to be aware we are not all the same!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh Carol, so sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. I am glad you will be seeking a different doctor. Don’t delay in that. Wishing you all the best! 
    • Posted

Robin,

Talk about a nightmare! I will never have another surgery in my life as this is just about killing me and too much time in the hospital for a top surgeon who

Just doesn’t care.  

• Posted

Sorry to hear this Carol hope the antibiotics clear up the infection soon. I guess there is always a chance of infection but at 14 weeks that is very unlucky it's no wonder you've been in pain. Good luck with your recovery x

• Posted

Snoozy,

How are you doing? Our bodies are all different.  I had an autoimmune disease and I think that the doctors don’t care, just want your money.  My doctor couldn’t even give me the medication I needed but I got it at a Canadian Pharmacy without a prescription.  Shows the dedication of doctors. None.  This infection could of been under control but now out of control.  So much pain! Hope you are doing ok!

• Posted

Hi Carol. You would think after 14 weeks there would be no problem except occasional stiffness. It doesn’t appear your doctor has been there for you. I’m glad you are looking for another doctor which is hard to do. My prayers for a speedy painless recovery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.