14 weeks post TKR left

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am 45 and had TKR on my left knee 10/20/17. Surgery itself went fine. I stayed in the hospital 24 hours. I was doing so well, they let me go home. Started physical therapy within 5 days. I have only missed one up to this point. I had a lot of scar tissue build up quickly and had a manipulation done 11/20/17. I was and still am having serious issues with bending the new knee. It is literally "stuck" at 80°. I have yet to get past it. I had a second opinion and both doctors agree that something is just not "right". It feels like an stone is in my knee under the knee cap area and below. They can't seem to figure it out. Both said I would have to have TKR again. I truly don't want another surgery. At this point though, I really don't have much choice because I can't live like this. I am a very active, busy, involved "Grammie" that almost can't bear not being able to do things for myself or play with my grandchildren. I can't even go to the grocery store by myself. I am at my wits end not knowing what to do. Any ideas or suggestions?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Something definitely is not right. I am 14 weeks on TKR left also. I am 72 my bend is 125, I still have night pain and don't sleep much but no pain when walking just an ache and I get tired quickly. You may want to follow Dr answer or get second opinion. Good luck

• Posted

Very similar story here. 44 with tkr on 5/31/17. Active ROM is 80-85 degrees. Had a MUA with scar tissue removal on 10/27/17 and outcome was no change. Got 2nd opinion and he stays more than likey I will need a revision but wants to wait until October 2018 to discuss. It hurts to get up from a regular chair and have restrictions at my work. I will need to have the 2nd surgery just to get back to 100% work. I had the 1st to relieve pain and I am very disappointed where I am right now.
    • Posted

I agree. Our stories are very similar. At this point, I feel like this was the worst decision I have ever made. I had less pain before the surgery(I was on a cane) and I didn't have to be on all of these medicines.

• Posted

Same here. I never made it to the cane but was close. I had a torn acl since 20 and nursed it along as much as possible. The entire time I was damaging the knee even more. And I too regret having the surgery. And it is even more frustrating when the original doctor tells me that well, you just might be like that. Um no, I wasn't like that before the surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.