14 year old daughter with ibs has been pooping in bed when asleep.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my 14 year old daughter that has ibs-c is getting extremely constipated. She will then be very bloated and be in pain form how bloated she is. When she is sleeping she will poop in the bed. The poop looks very weird,the picture is from last night. image

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anna,how long has your daughter had ibs and what has your doctor said about it.You are aware that woman get ibs more than men

• Posted

Hi Anna.You might try the ibs network web site .This site is very good and interesting.

• Posted

It looks as if your daughter has had an IBS D attack because the bowel movement is the consistency of diarrhoea rather than the hard pebble like motions common to IBS C.The picture does not look weird to me . I have IBS C but I have also had bouts of IBS D due to stress and my bowel movements looked like that when I messed myself while sitting on the couch. Is your daughter stressed and have you tried a food diary to see if food is causing the diarrhoea?Try foods like plain rice or bananas which help to firm up stools and try Imodium especially at night. Avoid fruit.

Constipation can cause fecal impaction which starts with hard stools followed by diarrhoea/loose stools. There are also certain antispasmodics which help with diarrhoea.

• Posted

My daughter is quite stressed as she just had 3 big exams. I also think that she might have a fecal impaction. How would you get rid of a fecal impaction?

• Posted

Stress is definitely a major trigger for IBS. With fecal impaction, try a laxative. With IBS, stools can change between constipation and diarrhoea which is known as IBS A.On some laxatives, there are dosage instructions for fecal impaction.

• Posted

looks to me like she has ibs A i have the same thing. its when the bowel alternated between two extremes. shes probably been bunged up for a while unable to go the toilette then shes eaten a trigger food thats cause her bowel to spasm like crazy, the pressure from being backed up so long mixed with a laxative effect would make it impossible for her to hold it in while shes sleeping. Im not sure if this is someone trolling people with ibs or if youre serious but if this is real dont tell your daughter about the pic you posted as you will scar her for life. Ibs can seriously mess people up physically and mentally.

• Posted

Yeah I think that she might have ibs-a. She must of eaten a trigger food. I wont tell her about the pic.

• Posted

I would try to figure out what caused it anything 24 hours prior to the incident could've caused it. Trigger foods are usually things like beans, onions, very fatty foods such as mince meat, chicken thats not breast, foods high in fibre, salad dressings/marinades, peas, broccoli, caffeine sometimes, garlic, pizza.

most common are garlic, onions and beans.

• Posted

Hi Anna,does your daughter take any antidepressants like citrolopram as ibs is part of stress and may help although for something like this ,she will get side effects till the ssri works within your body.just a thought.also because she is having bad poos ,make sure your daughter is having lots of water like 4 /6 litres per day.

• Posted

Poor child. Try peppermint capsules for pain and bloating. They are cheap and have reduced my pain alot. She needs to see the Dr. I hope this is not trolling.

• Posted

Poor child. Try peppermint capsules for pain and bloating. They are cheap and have reduced my pain alot. She needs to see the Dr. I hope this is not trolling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.