Skip to content

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as Colofac, IBS, Mebeverine Hydrochloride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Stomach problems and extreme fatigue

Just wondering does anyone else suffer with high fatigue due to ibs or other stomach related problems? I have had IBS for awhile now and somehow always coped but lately I have been waking up absolutely exhausted and it's been getting worse daily. Its not a "tired mood" but I feel …

Last reply
  • Not Convinced

Hi everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with IBS ,but I feel like the doctor is just diagnosing me with something so Ill leave her alone. I have upper right and left quadrant pain (feels like tender ab muscles). I go back and fourth between diarrhea and constipation. When I do have diarrhea it …

Last reply
  • Questioning if it truly is IBS.

Hello! I'm literally at my wits end with all of this and need some others opinions. It's a bit lengthy so bare with me. Everything will be as raw and honest as possible so keep that in mind if it'll gross you out at all. In the beginning of June I got food poisoning and haven't …

Last reply
  • Sereve IBS pains

Hi all, Whilst I’m new to this forum, I desperately need advise regarding IBS. I was diagnosed about 7/8 years ago. However, upon being diagnosed my flare ups were manageable until last week. Considering I haven’t had flare up in a long time when I started getting a horrible stabbing pain on what …

Last reply
  • Domperidone/reflux side effects

Very embarrassing side effect of faecal incontinence when I excercise. Want to cut down on Domperidone because it can apparently cause this but my reflux is bad so need Domperidone. Lived with IBS for over 30 years.

Last reply
  • IBS issues apparently ?

Hi guys I’ve had some stomach issues for a month now .. pain in left side that comes and goes , gas pains that come and when I flatulate the pain disappears. My stools have been floating as of late and looks like there white stringy mucus in them ? Is this normal ? ... I was worried of …

Last reply
  • Food intolerance tests?

Hi, Clutching at straws here. Has anyone found any good places/websites for food intolerance testing? I'm in the UK, in Glasgow. In going issue with severe nausea and loose bowels for almost 3 years. Can't for the life of me work out what I am eating. Kept food diaries, makes no …

Last reply
  • Advice??

Just wanted to add that I’ve recently noticed I’ve been peeing a lot more. sometimes I will go and then have to go again 10 mins later, my doctor has said she thinks it’s a ovary problem so is having me have a blood test again to test my hormone levels and check my periods, does anyone know why she …

Last reply
  • Linzess

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the drug Linzess? I take it for constipation, I try not to take it every day because of the side effects, however as my symptoms worse and I feel I am most likely going to have to take it daily. The only reason why I don't …

Last reply
  • Stomach feels like it's going to explode

Not sure if it's IBS or something worse but for the past three weeks I've had an upset stomach every single day and it's worse after eating (even eating bland foods) although it seems it happens for no reason as well. It feels like my stomach is going to burst open there's so much …

Last reply
  • Pasta problem.

Hi. I'm 44 and I've had IBS for over 20 years. I've tried cutting out different foods to no no evail. Pasta always used to seem to bloat me and never had it all that much. A few years agoI had spaghetti Bolognese and I ended up in hospital. I thought it may have been good poisoning and …

Last reply
  • Found out something interesting regarding antacids (PPIs)

Hello friends...I have been an active member in this forum...I found out something interesting regarding antacids ( proton pump inhibitors) So, for a week or so because i had late night dinner and then immediately had to go to sleep and also with bad sleeping habits I got acid reflux...So i decided …

Last reply
  • Losing weight on low FODMAP diet?

Hi all, I’ve noticed I’ve lost weight while on the low fodmap diet? I’ve lost 4kgs which I’m pretty unhappy about. What’s going on and why is this happening? I still eat a lot at regular intervals? I’ve been on the diet for 5 weeks. Thanks

Last reply
  • Stomach bug and IBS

Hi. I'm.currently on holiday in Florida. We arrived last Thursday and I suddenly spiked a temperature, went right off food and had horrendous diarroah. I didn't eat anything for 2 days. Yesterday in myself I felt a lot better, temperature normal, aches gone, but diarroah still there with …

Last reply
  • Where does this acid come from?

Hi people, can anyone shed some light on my stomach problems? Ever since I got really stressed on Monday my stomach feels like a fireball daily, it burns acid that tastes burnt but why? How do I shift it? Will my liquid Ranitidine (a powerful ant acid) do it? Can you recommend anything to shift it …

Last reply
  • Does this sound like IBS?

I used to get IBS in my 20s where I used to get bad diarrhoea when I was anxious. Now I am a bit older I have been having acidic raw pain in my upper abdomen after I poop when I have been constipated for a couple of days. I don’t have diarrhoea, but instead the poop is massive! My tummy is raw for …

Last reply
  • Multi strain probiotics.

Hi all, anyone taking multi strain probiotics?, are you having any benefits regarding bloating etc ?, I'm taking a multi strain probiotics supplement which seems to have a good effect on reducing bloating, I've just ordered a specific probiotic supplement it's a single strain one …

Posted
  • Everything I eat gives me the farts!

I've had IBS-D for almost 3 years now, I've kind of got it under control but at the minute it seems like everything I eat, safe or not will give me horrendous wind! And the smell! I can't get away from it and I fart so much! It's so frustrating but I can't help it! If it carries …

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with IBS but not convinced.

I’m 16 and I’ve been suffering from what the doctors say is IBS since October 2017. I had 2 weeks in October/November where I felt really nauseous 24/7 and could barely get out of bed, I went to the doctor and they sent me to hospital because they thought it was my appendix as I had tenderness …

Last reply
  • Long term outlook

Hello, I had been fine until about 18 months ago (I’m 52) apart from a brief spell in my late teens of alternating diarrhoea and constipation. Then more recently the pain became very distracting and highly localised in one place. But I had none of the other classic IBS symptoms, only the pain. I …

Last reply
  • Worsening episodes

Hi , I have had ibs symptoms for about 25 years , but only got diagnosed earlier this year( I’m 42)  after blood and stool samples all came back normal , I used to have occasional flare ups but lately these are much more frequent and can last up to 3/4 weeks at a time , I get diarrhoea ( I …

Last reply
  • Curious about IBS symptoms, right side abd pain

I'm a 29 year old male in decent shape. I've been having right side abdominal pain that started out as just pressure roughly 6-7 months ago. Now it's a constant pressure/pain that seems to get worse if I'm sitting/lying down and it has spread to my right side back a bit. Pain ranges …

Last reply
  • Possible parasites in stool?

To give you some background on myself I went to Thailand in 06/05/2018 to 18/05/2018. I got few mosquitoes bites which lead to my arm swelling which I got some anti inflammatory tablets then few days later they gave me anti biotic which cured the problem but I started getting mucus in my stool …

Last reply
  • Low Fodmap diet help

I've been struggling with gut problems and my diet for years, I recently went to the dietitian and she said I most likely have IBS and put me on a low fodmap diet for 6 weeks. I have aspergers and have difficulty communicating verbally and get stressed easy, so I just took all the info she gave …

Last reply
  • Is my stool shape and texture normal or abnormal

AdvertisementI m suffering from ibs from more than 7 years, im not sure if their is problem with my stool or no.   i usually pass stool 2- 3 times a day , 3rd time is not known, mostly it occurs when im out of home.   mostly my stool is like mud, with some time mucus attached with …

Last reply
  • Not sure IBS

My husband gets severe abdominal cramping a couple of hours after he eats peanuts or raw carrots. No other food does this to him. The cramps come and go for about 6 hours then start to subside. This time it was accompanied by diarrhea. Has anyone heard of IBS being triggered by only 2 foods?

Last reply
  • Does this sound like IBS? I'm at my wits end with it all now.

Hi, I'm 17 years old and suffer from a condition called Hypermobility Syndrome which causes chronic muscle and joint pain as one of the main symptoms - I wanted to mention this because I've heard that having this can cause GI issues. I also suffer from Acid Reflux, nausea and Indigestion ( …

Last reply
  • Urgent Help. Newly diagnosed IBS

Hey everyone. I hope I get quick responses to this since I'm sooo soo tensed.  so this thing started more than a month ago. I had a bad stomach flu. Went in emergency and the doctor treated it with instant drips and a week's medication. it was fine till then and soon after the …

Last reply
  • Could this be IBS??

Hi all, I started suffering from Health Anxiety April this year after I panicked when my blood pressure dropped after applying some  ointment.  The first couple of months suffered from the common Anxiety symptoms especially dizziness. Mid June I started having mushy stools . Only probably …

Last reply
  • Did my anxiety cause IBS?

Hi everyone! I have recently started taking Zoloft (an SSRI) and I have been experiencing abdominal pain and upper abdominal bloating for a few nights. I also have been constipated. Is this just a side effect from the drug or am I developing IBS? Stomach issues also run in my family. Has anyone …

Last reply
  • New idea to treat IBS - D?

Hi all, So I've been struggling with symptoms for a good 5-8 years now. I'd say I suffer from IBS D, but it's a bit more complicated. I get trapped wind on a daily basis and have the urgent need for the toilet 5-6 times a day (loose stools...But I wouldn't say it's D really). I …

Last reply
  • Could I have IBS?

Since about 11 days ago I have been having occasional belly aches, alternating between diarrhea and normal poops. I do have OCD and obsess a lot. Around the time that my symptoms started a close friend got a colonoscopy, then another and then another. I went to a few gastroenterologists just prior …

Last reply
  • IBS pain worse than ever

Looking for some guidance and reassurance here. Short background: had colonoscopy 11 years ago (at 29) and endoscopy 5 years ago for abdominal pain- nothing really found. Splenic flexure issues speculated with colonoscopy, as well as, light gastric inflammation with endoscopy. Eventually found …

Last reply
  • Steatorrhea from malabsortion or IBS

Hello, I've been suffering for almost a year with stomach pain that has led to loose stools and diarrhea pretty frequently (several times a week).  I lost about 20 pounds over a couple months and I've had a colonoscopy, ultrasound, and bloodwork which all has been fine.  Within …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.