Skip to content

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as IBS

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• All sorts of problems

About 5 years ago I was having what I thought was a gastritis flare up. I went to the Dr and he told me I had a prostate infection, gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. I was very concerned that he was wrong and there may be a more serious issue. Anyway, shortly after that I started having...

• oliver92 oliver92

Dropping supplements

Anyone have a view on when you can stop supplements for gut dysbiosis? I've been taking Ecobalance ~7 months following stool test showing dysbiosis. Advised by naturopathic practitioner to consider them when being treated for side effects of a medication. Feeling significantly better than I was but...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ibs d flair

Hey everyone , I have been diagnosed with IBS D and been taking meds for that and they have worked for the most part. Yesterday I had a flair and barely made it to the bathroom in my apartment I have not been eating like I should for the past two days, had some things I should not have...

Last reply
  • fainting with ibs symptoms

hi i am 62 old female having problems was at work when all of a sudden felt weak,dizzy,and almost fainted started to have pain in my left side,came home and slept in a very deep sleep woke up had diarhae and vomiting,and so weak had to use walker to get aorund have been up and down sometimes feeling...

Last reply
  • IBS-D and obesity

Hi there! My husband was diagnosed with IBS-D several years ago. We have been working to find triggers and eliminate them from his diet, but he still has major flare-ups on occasion. The problem is, he is overweight, and it is wreaking havoc on other areas of his health (he also has severe depression,...

Last reply
  • Ibs pain

Hello i have been in pain now for about 10 days, iv got really bad stomach pains mainly top of my stomach, if I burp it eases a bit but then just comes back again iv been feeling sick and going to the loo about 4 times a day, iv had tablets for ibs but dont seen to be doing anything, it's really...

Last reply
  • I have been suffering from stomach ulcer

I lost almost 20k's since I was diagnose from ulcers, the worse part is now I don't know what to eat anymore since i cannot doet as i am thin like this and i went to the hospital they instead of helping me they asking me how do i know if i have ulcer

Last reply
  • Buzzing stomach, anxiety, gurgling when breathing feel sick

I have been going through issues now for a year-and-a-half. Started getting chest pains my heart was checked and everything was fine, they said I had esophagitis. Now my entire body vibrates, mainly in the stomach I get nauseous but I never throw up. Every single test has come back negative they think...

Last reply
  • Anyone else? Normal in am then...

Anyone else have IBS symptoms that.. I have a very normal BM almost every morning like clockwork. Then as the day goes on, I get super gassy and bloated. I usually have a couple more BMs during the day which are small and hard.  My time of the month I go more and it’s closer to IBS-D, which I...

Last reply
  • IBS and severe ongoing discomfort

l have had IBS for quite a few years and it was generally controlled most of the time but ever since my operation 18 months ago it has got more and more severe where now l have bouts of going toilet  3 or 4 times in the morning or then not going for 2 to 3 days when the stools  then are rock...

Last reply
  • IBS Getting Worse

I have had IBS for many years which I was mainly keeping under control. I had my gallbladder removed just over 3 months ago and for the last 2 weeks I'm having constant diarhea with awful painful cramps which I'm struggling to cope with. I've been on a restricted diet for ages and mainly...

Last reply
  • Pain after doing a poo

i have had a colonoscopy and a ct scan colonoscopy all the Drs found was big diverticula. My GP put me on iron tablets as he thought 8 was bleeding and I was anemic. I’m now off of the tablets thank goodness as they played havoc with my tummy. When I poo I get pain round my middle and my tummy can get...

Last reply
  • Ibs d flair

Hey everyone , I have been diagnosed with IBS D and been taking meds for that and they have worked for the most part. Yesterday I had a flair and barely made it to the bathroom in my apartment I have not been eating like I should for the past two days, had some things I should not have...

Last reply
  • Chronic IBS Pain

I am in so much pain...have had it since about 10am this morning..its now 8pm. I have been diagnosed with IBS and i also have a fatty liver and gallstones. It seems that the gallbladder attacks can bring out an IBS attack or vice versus, Any one know of a decent pain killer i can use??

Last reply
  • IBS or not

I know someone who states that they have IBS and they have said that they have to be carerful what they eat otherwise their IBS flares up. I have suffered with IBS for 20 years and I have had the following symptoms:- bloating, fatigue, constipation, stomach pains, indigestion and headaches. If this...

Last reply
  • IBS stomach problems

I have been suffering from stomach problems for some time now. Everything I eat seems to effect me. The pain keeps me up nightly. It feels like a ball of pain inbetween ribs stomach area, then sweeps through my body. I bloat so much it's unbearable. I get really restless where all I want to do is...

Last reply
  • Flat stools at age 28

Hello! I am super worried. I am 28 years old and have always struggled with my weight. I had lost quite a bit through eating vegan only to put it back on when I stopped being vegan about two years ago. In January I decided to go vegan again after eating a terrible diet (fried foods, pizza, bagels,...

Last reply
  • Ibs sucks

I was diagnosed with ibs ten years ago at a young age I’m at the end of my tether with it as it now seems to rule my life the doctors are useless and I have other health problems that are worse and it get to point where I can’t leave the house coz of my ibs any sagestions Please 

Last reply
  • What does it really work against IBS?

Hi All, I am suffering from IBS for about a couple of years now. Recently this is getting worse and making my life complicating. Sometimes I have IBS attacks so suddendly and unexpectly that I have to leave work because I can't stay in the office any longer. The only thing that makes me feel better...

Last reply
  • Should I take it as read?

Finally after so long my doctor tells me ibs is no different and diverticulosis is not serious. Is this correct? Do the experts on here know about this condition and what if anything can I do for myself about this. Please help still uncertain.

Last reply
  • IBS?

Hi,  I’m really sorry to go into this but for a good year and a half now I have been having a few problems.  Firstly I’m not a regular goer when it comes to emptying my bowels! When I do go it can sometimes be painful.  Then other weeks I can be sat watching TV comepletely fine and next...

Last reply
  • Had a pain under my ribs for about 4 weeks

Hi I’ve had a ongoing pain under my left ribs for about 6 weeks now and it some times happens in my right ribs and allso lower back pain on and off and pain in kidney area and allso frequent urination I’ve always suffered with irregular bowl movements since being a young boy I’m waiting for blood results...

Last reply
  • Scared! Having abdominal pain!

Ok I wrote on here the other day but didn't really get to many opinions. Ok so I had my gallbladder out about 5 months ago and I was great even felt like a different person, no pain after eating anything!!  Well I started to have pain in the same area as where my gallbladder was and it was going...

Last reply
  • Over using Imodium?!

Hi everyone - need some help   I’ve suffered with IBS for years, diet, stress, anxiety any sort of change in plan/life style I get an insanely bad stomach. Can last for days on end. To top it off I also have a real anxiety about using bathrooms. I have about 3 toilets I can use comfortably without...

Last reply
  • really bad bloating

hi all, haven't posted on here in a while as *touch wood* things haven't been too bad. a couple of weeks ago I went to a restaurant where the food didn't agree with me and had terrible cramps and an upset stomach the next day, and this has triggered off a bad IBS bout first I was having...

Last reply
  • Not sure whats going on. So sick of feeling like this!

So for the past several months, Ive been having some stomach issues.  before a bowel movement i will just start to feel so sick.  Stomach burning, and just a over all sick feeling. My stool will go from normal to horrible diarrhea. From the moment i open my eyes in the morning, I have horrible...

Last reply
  • IBS and anxiety

Hello!  After some advice! I have been told I have stress related IBS! I've had a flex sigmoidoscopy and adominal ct scan all came back clear! My main problem is I never feel empty! Take this morning for instance I have already been for 4 bowel movements and it's only 12pm! Started off 'normal'...

Last reply
  • leg pain with IBS?

Hi guys im just wondering if anyone as leg pain with ibs. All of a sudden im starting to ache at the back of my right leg in my hamstring and calf its also going into the heel and base of my foot

Last reply
  • Symptoms for a few months...worried sick

Hi all, I have been experiencing certain symptoms for a few months and doctors suspect IBS but I suspect something else. I have been passing very greasy, floating stools that are light brown for about 4 months now and I am seeing some undigested food in my stool such as rice, nuts, etc. I have lost...

Last reply
  • All sorts of problems

About 5 years ago I was having what I thought was a gastritis flare up. I went to the Dr and he told me I had a prostate infection, gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. I was very concerned that he was wrong and there may be a more serious issue. Anyway, shortly after that I started having...

Posted
  • I think GP was right about IBS

Around this time last year I was concerned that I had a pancreatic problem.  Had the most dreadful almost water loose bowels around 7-8 times a day, with literally a couple of minutes warning, and particularly after eating, often explosive, greasy, floating etc.  Lots of other symptoms too,...

Last reply
  • Dropping supplements

Anyone have a view on when you can stop supplements for gut dysbiosis? I've been taking Ecobalance ~7 months following stool test showing dysbiosis. Advised by naturopathic practitioner to consider them when being treated for side effects of a medication. Feeling significantly better than I was but...

Posted
  • Yellow leaking from anus?

Sorry for the TMI.. but I'm a 20 year old female. I suffer with severe anxiety & got diagnosed with IBS. I've noticed recently there seems to be yellow leaking from my anus? It's not like a constant trickling out.. a few times a day it kinda feels like I'm passing gas but it's...

Last reply
  • IBS

Hi  I am new to this forum  I need some help managing my ibs symptoms  I have been suffering from ibs for past 2 years now  Tried Probiotics with no particular help  My main symptoms are feeling gassy, bloated , Flatulence and alternating bowel movements  Please help 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.