Skip to content
Ad

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as IBS

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • IBS has took over my life, Need advice please.

About 2 years ago i was taking a trip on holiday with my pal which i had done numerous times before and as the plane was in the air i got a sudden shooting pain in my belly and backside and the immediate urge to go to the toilet.. ever since its completely changed my life as the feeling has never permanently...

Last reply
  • Can anyone give recognise these symptoms

Hello I have posted here before and various other groups.  I am 70 years old and female.  I was diagnosed with IBS around 7 years ago with a tendency to IBS C.  I only had mild flare ups and was mostly ok although my long standing anxiety did not help.  The last 18 months or so have...

Last reply
  • Akn Akn

psyllium husk capsules

This time I tried only psyllium husk capsules (as before I tried it with probiotics & loperamide). The consistency of stool is more formed but frequency remains same as before.

Posted
  • Inflamed stomach lining first now IBS. Need advice.

Hi So to cut a long story short I have recently had a bout of gastritis after taking naproxen for a shoulder complaint. I only took 2 tablets but it was enough to cause damage to my stomach lining. Anyway, this has triggered anxiety which is the worst thing I have ever dealt with in my life. I have...

Last reply
  • Help to get to bottom of possible IBS?

I've been suffering for 2 years now with loose bowel movements and really bad nausea. I use to go to the toilet once every 1 or 2 days and my movements would be formed and now I go everyday and very loose, like sludge almost on bad days. On the days I feel really sick, I can go up to 4 times a...

Last reply
  • 3 YEARS of Incomplete Bowel Movements, just want an answer!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post first of all. Basically my story is this: Before starting university 3 years ago I can recall having completely normal and easy bowel movements. When uni started however things started to go downhill, I would spend longer on the toilet, I was able to push...

Last reply
  • Near suicidal.

​Im in sheer desperation, the pain im in every friday like clockwork i get ibs and the pain is excrutnating, so im going to see my gp again as the meds she gave me{ mintec} had no effect , i need mbevrine, hoping it works.

Last reply
  • Back pain and IBS

I've recently been diagnosed with IBS after a bad bout of what I thought was trapped wind. The symptoms listed in various articles seem to bear this diagnosis out. However, nothing much is said about back pain. My IBS spasms start with bad back pain which then spreads round the right side to the...

Last reply
  • IBS OR INFECTION??

I have been dealing with these symptoms for the past 1 year and I was under the impression that its IBS but now I think it is not. My wife is having the same symptoms after one month of our marriage. She has moved to US from a different country. Never had any history of IBS or any of these symptoms....

Last reply
  • Am I overworried?

Hello. My name is Nate. And I'm getting kind of worried... but it might be nothing. I am a 27 years old male and overweight (225 pounds at 5'2", so could be worse, could certainly be better... and I'm dieting, which I'll explain later), and have been since my late teens. For YEARS,...

Last reply
  • IBS C

Hi i am suspected to have IBS C, i have had the issue for around 6 years now. From what i have read i don't have the severe symptoms that others seem to have, but my symptoms are bad enough that they can cause me to be in a lot of pain occasionally and disrupt everything i do.  I have tried...

Last reply
  • Appendix, cyst or digestive disorder?

Hi all, I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do and wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation before/can offer advice on my current situation. This post will be pretty long, so THANK YOU if you take the time to read it - I really appreciate it! Over 12 weeks ago now, I started having reoccurring...

Last reply
  • Unbreakable cycle of anxiety and IBS

I'm just going to write my entire experience with what I suspect is IBS paired with extreme anxiety down here and see what everyone else thinks of it. In late July, the 21st to be exact (I remember because it was my mom's birthday), I went to the hospital because of a week long bout of constipation....

Last reply
  • Does this sound like IBS?

Here's my story. I'm a 37 year old male. I've never really had stomach issues my entire life and then earlier this year around March 1 I woke up in with horrible stomach pains after a big meal the night before. My abdominal pain is usually on my lower right side. I had a CT scan which came...

Last reply
  • Sharp pains behind the belly button

My stomach has been achy and hard for a day or two now, and once in a while I'll get a sharp pain right behind the belly button. My immediate thought is trapped gas, but my anxiety says appendicitis. I know IBS pain moves around but is it normal for it to happen there?

Last reply
  • Ibs and panic attacks

Hello,  I was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago and it effects me everyday. I always have bloating and always have loose BM's. The main thing I'm concerned about is whether my IBS is causing panic attacks or vice Versa... I never thought I was having panic attacks and just assumed it was...

Last reply
  • IBS? Hemorrhoids, Abdominal Pains, Constipation, etc.

First off I'm a 21 year old male that's pretty healthy and I weigh 130 pounds. I have had anxiety for a few years and always stressed. I've been having abdominal pains, excessive gas literally all day, constipation with pencil thin stools and flat stools. I believe I have an internal hemorrhoid...

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried Betaine HCl for extreme bloating and reflux?

hi everyone, After suffering from an h pylori infection I have had extreme bloating and pain after every meal, as well as breathing problems when moving around, for the past year. I’ve had a gastroscopy since and I’m now clear of ulcers and gastritis. The doctors keep trying to put me on PPIs (speculating...

Last reply
  • Proctitis relief ideas?

I have been diagnosed with proctitis and are awaiting to see what has caused me to have the condition. I have read various websites about what can help the pain but many of them are either unrealistic (cutting out 101 amounts of foods) or to avoid foods that i have eaten and do not make the pain any...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like ibs of chrons?

Hi, was diagnosed with bile acid malabsorption currently taking questran which has stopped the 12 toilet trips a day and poop is now brown not yellow ! I had my gallbladder removed prior to diagnosis so was told my right hand side pain is PROBABLY adhesions.  I am getting absoloutely unbearable...

Last reply
  • IBS?? I am new to this. Please help

Hi there. It all started 2 months ago with what i thought it was a stomach bug..but after three weeks i went to to gp and she said it might be IBS. My symptoms at the moment were..nausea, absominal discomfort like period cramps and mucous in stools. I dont have diarrhea neither constipation. She ran...

Last reply
  • So much fear help please

Hi all, sorry to post this but I wanted to ask you all a big question, About a year ago I started getting this feeling like I had something just inside my anus, just annoyed me a little so. I went to the doctors and he sent e for a camera... I went and it caused me to much pain they had to stop,...

Last reply
  • Focus of pain

Hey, I'm pretty new to this IBS thing. I'm still not 100% certain that I have it as I have not yet ruled everything else out, so I was wondering how people who have it feel their pain and discomfort. For me, sometimes it's more in the stomach area, and other times it's in the abdominal...

Last reply
  • Almost CURED!!!

After decades of suffering I am almost free of IBS problems!! I'm a real person, NOT advertising any products or services - just want to share the secret of my victory! I take fibre capsules 4-5 times a day and I workout at a fitness place 6 days a week! That's IT! Really!!! No more probiotics...

Last reply
  • please help!

Does anyone know who to go through for a comprehensive digestive stool analysis test in south Australia? Thank you

Posted
  • Right side pain and miserable ! HELP

Hi my name isJennifer I am 51 and diagnosed with IBS C and D.  I would like to know if anyone experiences crampy pain in their right side below ribs.  Also sometimes pain can go into my hip.  I have been eating a lot of veggies and salad lately to lose weight but it is making my IBS horrible. ...

Last reply
  • IBS C

Anyone else, when having an attack, have stomach ache and drive heaves when you are trying to have a bowel movement?   It's like i have been punched in the stomach.  I have been under attack for a while with the symptoms of just urgency to get to the bathroom and I end up with just mucous...

Last reply
  • Bloating after bowel movement

Hello anyone have bloating which comes on after opening bowels.  I have read of others on other forums who have this problem but there does not seem to be any reason or remedy.  

Last reply
  • Ibs is ruining my life- worried it could be something else

Hi guys, I'm a 22 year old female and I've had ibs for about 6 years. I've had MRI scans, blood tests etc and nothing sinister has shown. I have tried EVERYTHING and I'm having not much luck.. I went through a stage of it not being so bad and having an attack of sweating, cramps, nausea...

Last reply
  • Stomach spasms?

I know, it sounds weird, but it's been happening for a while now. A month or so ago, I had a tooth filled at my dentist's office. I was reclined on the chair at a slight backwards incline, so I was upside down and leaned back just a bit. While I was laying there, I started feeling myself kind...

Last reply
  • New diet?

Hi 31 here, never had any issue with hemorrhoids or ibs before until now i think. I recently changed my diet from fatty foods to healthier ones and noticed a lot of changes. My stomach got flatter, i have more energy , and since i stopped drinking sugary drinks i don't have to go to the bathroom...

Last reply
  • Glutamine Issues

Hi guys, after some research I decided to buy some supplementary glutamine for my bowels. After about a week of use I noticed my stool became much looser and a common burning sensation when passing. Has anyone had any issues with glutamine before? I've stopped taking it in the mean time but...

Last reply
  • Suggestions on why I can't stop burping?

Hi! I'm writing because like many of you, I'm at wit's end and I want to see if anyone has any suggestions.  I'm a 34-year old Canadian who has had a sensitive digestive symptom my entire adult life. Mostly I'd have frequent bouts of diarrhea, fissures, intense bloating, stomach...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.