Skip to content

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as IBS

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Understanding IBS

Hi everyone. Wasn’t sure wether to post this but I guess most here are in the same boat. As I’ve posted befor GP have referred to gastro for further tests since stool was inflamed and having a swollen tummy, last few weeks my bowel movements have changed, from going once every morning I’m now every...

Last reply
  • Fed up gastro symtoms no answers life going crap!

Hey all, So I've been under investigation for a few months following gut symtoms chronic diahorrea fatigue stomach pain etc bloods took first time round raised liver enzymes and stool sample of calopectrin was high so refferd to gastroenterology who repeated the tests. All fine. Guessing IBS sent...

Posted
  • Smelly/Weirdish smelly stool

I just has soft, mushy, and loose stool, not watery however. It has the poop smell. But when I was wiping and examine to see any signs of something different like blood (I always do this,  it gives me anxiety but I still can't help it sometimes). I guess I was too close (ew) and smelt the poo....

Last reply
  • Are the symptoms linked or is this coincidental?

Hi people but especially ladies. I need help, I don't know what is going on but every month at the start of each cycle my IBS seems to kick off something chronic, making feel like death warmed up, is this typical and how do I stop of the symptoms. I am trying evening primrose rather than antidepressants...

Last reply
  • Splenic flexure pain

Hi all. I have been suffering with pain in upper left abdomen below the ribs for 7 months now. I've had loads of tests and nothing has come back showing anything. Had faecal calprotectin test done and that was normal so the docs have not done an endoscopy. Sometimes the pain ramps up to where I can...

Last reply
  • Curious about IBS symptoms, right side abd pain

I'm a 29 year old male in decent shape. I've been having right side abdominal pain that started out as just pressure roughly 6-7 months ago. Now it's a constant pressure/pain that seems to get worse if I'm sitting/lying down and it has spread to my right side back a bit. Pain ranges from...

Last reply
  • Small Bowel MRI

Hi all. Had first app with gastro Doctor today, he’s referring me off for a MRI on small bowels. Anyone had one of those before? X

Posted
  • Lower Abdominal Pain different than pain I've had before.

I started having lower abdominal pain in the middle of my lower abdomen. The first few days it didn't go away no matter what. I passed gas and had bowel movements but it wouldn't go away. Now it seems to just come and go. I was diagnosed with ibs 5 years ago after a colonoscopy showed no polyps...

Last reply
  • Belly button pain

Hello,  Last time I got bad pain I was advised to get Buscopan - it was in the left hand side - and it did sort it out.  Started being "active" on Friday with LS ++ had an off colour weekend, but bowels have settled.  But I have had a weird pain, felt a bit like period pains...

Last reply
  • Sorry - getting worried

OK.... I am a born worrier.  Don't know why but I have always been a glass half empty type of person.  So after numerous investigations this year my GP finally diagnosed me with IBS.  I had for years and years suffered with varying bowel habits, including urgency.....much urgency!! ...

Last reply
  • Very painful trapped wind!

for the last ten years or so , I have had bouts of extremely painful trapped wind. It used to be only a few times a year but has for the last few years been once or twice a month or sometimes more. It starts after I have woken up and got out of bed. I can feel like a curl of discomfort in my stomach...

Last reply
  • Help for IBS please :(

Hi, Can anyone help advise how they got to the bottom of the food/ingredient causing their IBS? My symptoms are severe nausea and loose stools. Are there any clinics out there that can work with you to figure it out? I have tried elimination diet of what I think it could be but then still have flare...

Last reply
  • I'm suspecting IBS, anemia, or even CANCER

Hi, I just became a teen a few months ago (13). Well lately, since the end of 2017, I started to have digestive problems and symptoms. I always have had minor issues with my digestion, but I never really paid attention to it until I just started to pay more attention to my stool. I have bad anxiety and...

Last reply
  • My right abdomen feels a bit firme than my left

im 14 and I'm a girl. Im waiting for a diagnostic of IBS so I still have a little doubt and worries. Ok so I was looking at colon cancer symptoms and those things (my anxiety is REALLY affected now and my symptoms is a bit worst from the amount of stress). It's says lump in the abdomen is a symptom...

Last reply
  • Small, soft stools but difficult to pass!

Does anyone else get this. On the Bristol Stool Chart I would say I'm often passing no.5 but although they are small, soft pieces they don't come out that easily (sometimes with a bit of mucous). It worries me as I always associate difficulty passing as being constipated but wouldn't that...

Last reply
  • bean-like, squishy, thing in my stool

Ok so I'm a female (13 years of age). I'm suspecting (and literally everyone I asked) I have IBS but I still need a doctor to confirm it, I'm really scared to go. Ok so today, I had constipation-ish and diarrhea at the same time. Like it would feel like diarrhea, poop out some liquidity stool...

Last reply
  • Ibs still bloated

Hi I have ibs been doing fodmap diet for 10 days taking peppermint tablets drinking 2ltrs water per day  I have been having more than 2 pieces of fruit per day which according to the Monash University app only 2 pieces fruit and 5 veggies per day I have 2 slices schar gluten free wholesome salad...

Last reply
  • Dark/Black Bits in my stool

Hi, I'm a 14-year-old girl and I'm waiting for my results (everyone I asked and even my doctor is suspecting IBS). Ok so today, I had a BM and I saw these dark bits in my stool. The stool is not dark or black or red. It is kinda orange-brown? So well this morning, I had slight diarrhea, I didn't...

Last reply
  • Scared that I have blood in stool or cancer

Some facts about me first:  I'm 12 A bit overweight but I did manage to lose a few pounds with eating less fatty food and exercise more Pretty sure no family history of any cancer, GI disorders/problem, yes Pretty bad anxiety, been kinda stressed too Ok, so for the past few months, I've...

Last reply
  • Possible IBS, 27yr old female

Hi everyone. Along with a million and one other problems I now have a gastro app next Thursday!  I’m new to this group itself and new to information about IBS.. Was having extreme pain in lower left pelvic area, specially during & after the toilet, crazy amount of pressure lower stomach &...

Last reply
  • Does anyone else get these pains?

I get what feels like a knot in my upper stomach just in between my ribs which feels worse when I push in. I constantly feel like I want to get sick and it's gotten worse recently even tho doctor put me on stomach acid tablets. I'm also getting daily right side pain with twinges in the left...

Last reply
  • Dull lower right abdominal pain going on two months

Last month after jogging i felt a dull pain in my lower right abdomen that did not go away. The first gastroenterologist i went to acted like she didn't really care and just gave me meds for gas which did not work. I went to a different doctor and she was nicer, she told me to do some work ups,...

Last reply
  • Rafealo - Post procedure doubt

I went through Rafealo procedure 3 weeks back, I had two Grade-2 Hemorrhoids, My initial problem was the skin swelling during and post BM around anus (prolapsing hemorrhoids with immediate reduction) and no bleeding. In the first week post ops there was little bleeding and no swelling. From Second week...

Posted
  • Is this really IBS?

Hi All I Have been diagnosed with IBS, which has generally alternated from constipation to diarrhoea, however in recent weeks this has changed to sort of merge in to the two. Let me explain. I am quite regular when I pass stools, however I only ever go every 2 to 3 days on average. However when I do...

Last reply
  • Rectal discomfort please help at my wits end

Really hoping someone will read this and be able to help. For the past 18 months I've been experiencing discomfort in my back passage. When I first went to doctor I was told it was piles. I was given cream and sent on my way. The cream did nothing so I went back and was given fybogel and still no...

Last reply
  • Desperate For Relief of Constipation Bloated Gas

Hello all.  I'm a 36 year old male living in The States and I've suffered with GI issues since I was a teenager.  In 2002 I had my gallbladder removed which I think was the beginning of the end.  Unfortunately I think my issues are the aftermath of yo yo dieting, diet pills and...

Last reply
  • IBS-red/almost pinkish/orange chunks in stool

Hey everyone. I'm a 13 year old female with IBS and bad anxiety. Ok so ever since my diagnosis of IBS, I tend to look more at stool and sometimes I notice these red chunks and occasionally when I wipe, some black specks. So back to the red chunks, it kinda looks fleshy or the soft inside of a tomato....

Last reply
  • Fybogel in container

Hi, I sometimes drink a fybogel orange sachet just before bedtime for IBS-C. I say sometimes, because, usually I eat a couple of slices of papaya and it does the trick. So, I only use fybogel, if I haven't bought papaya (or don't have a ripe one to hand). Anyway, they are both just as effective....

Last reply
  • Scared of eating after flare

I've been suffering from a bowel blockage and have had overflow diarrhoea. I'm now scared of eating what I thought were my safe foods (e. g white rice) - chicken and lamb are the only foods that don't make me feel stressed at the thought of them 😞 Beans, nuts, grains and lots of veg...

Last reply
  • Stomach Pain

I was diagnosed with Barrett's back in 2015 following an endoscopy. I used to get bad indigestion and burning in my chest. I had a two year check in December 17 and was told that the Barrett's was about the same but I also had a hiatus hernia. Biopsies were taken which showed no cancer. I also...

Last reply
  • Prunes, sorbitol, bloating.

Hi all, I've been doing some reading, when you get constipated they say a good remedy is prunes this is because it contains sorbitol, the problem is sorbitol is not absorb very well and ends up in the large intestine where gut bacteria feast on it causing a huge amount of gas leading bloating and...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.