Skip to content

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as Colofac, IBS, Mebeverine Hydrochloride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bloating

Hi , I’ve had IBS for several years , but lately my tummy feels uncomfortable and bloaty if I wear my jeans , (I also have health anxiety so was worried it was bowel cancer or ovarian cancer - but blood tests all came back normal so trying not to stress about other things ) , I’m ok in summer dresses...

Last reply
  • Stomach ache radiating to my back.

Hi, just want to share my problem that keep bothering for months. To start with i have gastritis went for my scope last may and was diagnose with it. I started my ppi regimen for two months. Now im almost done with my ppi’s but the pain is still there especially after i eat. I keep burping and farting...

Last reply
  • IB Question

I was recently diagnosed with IBS-D my question is I wake with horrible abdominal pain in the mornings and am unsure if it was from what I ate the day before or?  Could it be the cumulative effect of what I have eaten all week or is it just what I ate the day before?  

Posted
  • Scared

Hi everyone I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with ibs due to producing foul wind. In feb if this year I had a bout of gastroenteritis I visited my gp And after discussing things I had a colonoscopy in May of this year And all was clear inc my biopsies My bloods for celiac and thyroid were clear too However...

Last reply
  • Should I get medical help?

I’ve been diagnosed with ibs and I’m in the middle of a flare-up. I can’t eat anything without severe pain and lots of discoloured diarrhoea. It’s been like his for the last 3 days. My medications aren’t working that I was only prescribed last week. When should I get medical help and who should I get...

Last reply
  • Not really sure whats going on!

So for the past 8 months or so, I've been dealing with some stomach issues.  I have diariah almost every time I have a bowel movement it seems. My insides start rumbling and i just know what's about to go down...  It's pretty embarrassing to say the least, but most importantly...

Last reply
  • Unexplained Side Stomach pain

44 years old female. Good fitness shape with a decent diet for years. IBS suffering for more than 8 years. I managed with it, with the right foods, the right mindset, acupuncture, exercise,, supplements ect. About 1 month ago I started feeling a sharp pain in my left side, of my abdomen (see picture)...

Last reply
  • Is it cancer?

Hi people, I am scared. Truly frightened today. Doctor asked me to book an ultrasound scan to see if kidneys and bladder are ok, as I've been really ill recently. I have made my IBS flare terribly due to this because my dad had kidney cancer which killed him 6 years ago and I keep thinking that's...

Last reply
  • IBS FODMAP diet

I’ve been suffering for years now with IBS and for the past 6-8 weeks I have been suffering with nausea, tiredness and severe pain during and after eating. My GP has suggested the low fodmap diet and I wondered if anyone has had any success with it? Thanks in advance

Last reply
  • Is this IBS (...or allergy, or potential cancer)?? Very anxious

Hey everyone, I have been driving myself nuts since going to the GI doc the other day and having to schedule a colonoscopy. I know that there are many reasons for a colonoscopy being performed, but I just keep thinking the worse. Might I also add that I am 25 years old and my grandfather had colon cancer,...

Last reply
  • How common is fluffy stool?

my stools have been looking a bit fluffy lately, anyone else deal with this? Starts pretty normal and then the final pieces are a bit fluffy and small

Posted
  • Strange Question...

Hi guys... this may sound like a strange question...but I am desperate at this point. My IBS-D has been so out of hand for the last 6 weeks or so but really crazy these last 3 weeks. Already had 2 accidents! I bought a britta water pitcher about 2 months ago. Do you think that could be causing this outbreak?...

Last reply
  • IBS-D and wight loss

Hello everyone,I am 21 years old and as much as I remember my self I was thin .. 173cm height and 55-58kg weight ! After the IBS-D symptoms I noticed that I lost weight and now I am 53-55kg.. every month my weight changes (I want to mention that I eat  normal quantities and fast food which doesn’t...

Last reply
  • Black stool

anyone else get black poos the day after eating blueberries? I wonder if IBS has anything to do with it as it tends to tint my poos black for the next day

Last reply
  • IBS Concerns: Need Help

I am 25 year old male who weighed about 190 lbs 6 weeks ago. Now i am sitting currently at 178. I have lost 7 lbs from keto and another 5 in the recent two weeks from the nausea that is apparently due to ibs. My story starts about 3 months ago where i had a gnawing burning constant pain in my upper...

Last reply
  • worried not sure if its blockage or ibs attack

I have had IBS-d for around 4 years now. when my IBS-d first started and had the almost same symptoms as I have now, but what I have now is much worse, it felt like there was something blocking my stools and only small flat stools would come out. Now it feels the pretty much same but much worse I always...

Last reply
  • Loose bowels all the time

Hi anyone that is dairy free do yous avoid lactose also. I got lactose test and was told I was not lactose intolerant, but have stopped dairy as it gives be bad stomach. I now avoid lactose too. Don't know if I should or not. Doctor no help.

Last reply
  • I think i have ibs but i’m afraid it’s not....

So for a while i’ve thought i’ve had ibs i have all the classic symptoms but i often scare myself into thinking it could ben something more... im a 16 year old girl and i think what makes things worse is when i search up possible things i could have and often scare myself even if i only have 2/6 symptoms...

Last reply
  • Really need some insight.... IBS or something else!?!

For the last 2.5 weeks I have had diarrhea EVERY SINGLE DAY... Afterwards the pain deep inside my rectum is almost unbearable. I have absolutely no pain before or during the BM, just after. I have had a slew of symptoms for quite some time which are: - Very few periods a year (10 years) - very bad...

Last reply
  • I think I have IBS, what should I do?

I'm 17 yrs old and for the past month, I've been having changing bowel movements and I think I have IBS. It started when I went to this one fast food place and I got diarrhea from it for 3 days. Eventually, it stopped but then it seemed that when I ate deep fried foods, I would get diarrhea right...

Last reply
  • Cloudy water

Anyone here have stools that normally end with the toilet water looking cloudy? The poos normally start out normal but towards the end when they get a bit looser, they seem to disintegrate a bit and make the water turn cloudy. I saw someone once say this was 'mucous' but im pretty sure it's...

Last reply
  • Enteragam medical food???

Has anyone tried ENTERAGAM? I read a little about it. Its supposed to be a medical food, powder form, that you can take with a glass of water or in soft food. It was listed as a treatment option on another website I am following... Ibsgroup.org

Last reply
  • I'm a thirteen year old girl with IBS, I'm scared

So, I've been having serious symptoms of IBS for about two years. I haven't been to the doctor because I've been previously and I know it's not acid reflux. I want to know what it's like once it's been diagnosed because I'm sick of it already, I just want the pain to stop....

Last reply
  • Bloating, smelly wind and hot

Hi everyone, it must of been a month or two now I went to visit my doctors as after I have had food I feel pretty bloated and sometimes i am finding I have lots of wind which is hot and very smelly.  When I visited the doctor, their thoughts was it was a combination of constipation and IBS. I’ve...

Last reply
  • IBS causing right testicular pain

Hi there I have IBS for quite long time. Recently I am experiencing sharp wave like pain in my right testical before I have urge for bowls movement. Even after opening my bowls I still have those wave like pain every 3-5 minutes. I myself had checked my testes and there are no lumps of bumps found. The...

Last reply
  • Does anybody have pain belly button area?

I have been having sharp pulling pain around my belly button area. My pain come in episode. I been having watery stool almost every day. I have been having the pain for 8 months. My Mri show thickening of my small intestine. My GI want to do my mri retest in 6 month. He has not explain to me what he...

Last reply
  • Not sure if its ibs but its getting me down

For the last few weeks i have had really bad stomach pains that bad they make me cry and then i have to go to the toilet which is normally really watery then the pain goes but it can come out of nowhere sometimes after i eat its got to the point where im not eating cause im worried but im also a type...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.