IBS and tingling before bowel movement

Posted , 6 users are following.

lately I've been noticing thst sometimes I'll get a tingling in my low back or glutes and down to the back of my thighs before a bowel movement. does anyone experience this odd symptom??

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi kathyrn, do you mind me asking if you have ibs c or d or a combination? you could be straining or strained something by pushing. see your doctor if it becomes too much or regular.

• Posted

hi, um i guess i have a combination, but have never been formally diagnosed with any variation, just the standard IBS. i do have a herniated lumbar disc, but there's been no odd changes that I've noticed since that diagnosis .

• Posted

hi kathyrn, as this is a difference i think i would see a health professional, if you've not done anything obvious! good luck, sounds like you said odd?

• Edited

I get tingling in my whole body before a BM, doctors haven't a clue, all the have suggested is that it's a problem with my nervous system. They sent me to a neuroligist, who has askwd for some bloods and a mri of my spine, but this will take forever

• Edited

I've done some reading and IBS can cause tingling (in specific areas, the stomach lower abdomen, etc). They believe due to pressure on a nerve via muscle contraction/tension- so far as i understood. So, jn my case at least i think it makes sense. perhaps something similar is happening to you.:/

• Edited

Hi! I experience exactly what you're describing! like you, i have a herniated lumbar disc at L5-S1.They haven't been able to visualize any nerve involvement on my MRI, although i find it hard to believe, as i don't see any other explanation. I occasionally get other uncomfortable symptoms seconds to minutes before a bowel movement (brain fog, general feeling of nervousness, drop in BP). It all subsides afterwards. Do you suffer from any other symptoms/phenomena before/leading up to a bowel movement?

• Posted

I get the nervousness, shortness of breath, sweating, fast heart rate

• Posted

Hello! Did you ever get an answer for this? I too started experiencing symptoms, such as tingling in my limbs, dizziness, brain fog, drop in blood pressure. I have crohn's and have reached out to my GI doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.