Can anyone relate or offer insight?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been dealing with IBS-C from many years with severe symptoms that can cause me to be bed ridden for months at a time.

Recently my flares which I cant only describe as what feels like a partial bowel blockage below my left ribs down towards the left side of my belly button, has also started causing me to feel very numb across my scalp and parts of my face with momentary headaches. I have had this mildly in very short moments in the past.. But for the last week I cannot seem to shake it.

Doctors have done endless test on me over the years so they are not very interested in taking me seriously anymore.

Other symptoms worth mentioning that have been related over the years...

Dizziness and confusion (can completely go away after a good bowel movement)

Chest pain (can completely go away after a good bowel movement)

Poisoned feeling (can completely go away after a good bowel movement)

Eyesight issues (ocular migraines and blind patches that fade away after a 20 mins

Numbness

Bloating

Mucus

Blood

Pins and needles under rib in bowel area

Burning stool

Breathing difficulty due to build up pressing on diaphragm

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi dans, i wonder? you doctors have not done enough. no way. there's something a miss, have they not given you sachets to loosen your bowel movements? you need this because otherwise your poor bowel will never feel good. try to get some - you should be able to in your local chemist. lots of fluid, roughage and anything like prunes or something to help. you feel rubbish because your bowel is slow. ask to speak to your surgery manager. oh and good luck

• Posted

Thanks Sam but yes I have been through many medications and tend to rely on Laxido the most to try and clear out, but sometimes the blockage is so stubborn it seems like the result of the laxido just makes it way around the issue slowly amping up symptoms. overtime eventually I can get through it all and pass.

Tried allsort of alternative methods over the years but ultimately nothing seems to truly bring any reliability to have these issues under control.

• Edited

hi dan, i honestly can't think what else to say other than can you get access to a dietitian? try up the sachets?: you might need to ask for a colonoscopy or endoscopy (sorry i get those mixed up)! keep fighting - examine your diet, any more water can put in or squashy fruit? i am clearly not a dietitian! good luck whatever you decide....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.