Pain in left lower quadrant

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there.

I know that IBS can pain anywhere, but do you have any experience reccurent start/stop pain within sigmoid colon?

I woke up (today pretty early) and after hour (sitting at work) I started to feel short cramp pain (a few seconds long ) within my lower left abdomen not far from middle part of abdomen (I believe where sigmoid colon is). I went to walk around office. The pain was start/stop with some gas passing.

I went to toilet. It helps a little, but I have these pain again (but is more dull now, but sometime also sharp).

No fever, chills, nausea or vommiting. Just that pain.

I was kinda afraid about possible diverticulitis (not sure if I have any pouches of diverticulosis - 5 years ago was my colonoscopy without any findings) - but I am kinda stresser about my stomach, so wanted to ask, if is sigmoid colon sharp cramp pain issue with IBS or it might be someting serious.

Thank you 🙂

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have been awake all night with similar pain lots of wind the pain moves about but settles in left lower quadrant I had ibs diagnosed years ago i am now 57 post menopausal and it is ten times worse. I to fear diverticulitis but doc in hospital said unless you have it and it gets infected they just treat it with diet.i I had a great day yesterday until my evening meal which i had one glass of wine with and it went mad.I also have health anxiety and was planning my own funeral during the night. Have taken buscopan mint and put heat bag on it hoping it will pass . Mines comes and goes and passing wind helps a wee bit as does a bowel movement. I had sprouts two days ago think that triggered mines but any food can set if off .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.