Leaky gas ibs

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello,

i have for almost 4years the problem i leaking gas.. i don't smell it my self and almost never feel it when the gas pass out.. First i thought i have TMAU because all the comments i get from people because of the smell.. i have really no idee what's going on with me.. people think i s**t my pants and i doesn't smell anything! This is no joke!! https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pondering-suicide-if-i-cant-get-help--401239

This guy have the same problem, i have try anything,doctor's,diet's... nothing works..

I lost all my friends because they think i mess this up,but i don't..!

*after eating my stomach hurts.

*every day i have pain in my lower back.

*anxiety.

How can i fix this?? Is it even possible??

I got this after used finasteride, this crap destroyed my life!!

sorry for my bad English!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I take it you have IBS? Try a food diary or the Low Fodmap Diet since you get pain after eating. Lower back pain, gas, abdominal pain and anxiety are all IBS symptoms. Try avoiding fizzy drinks and gassy vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and Brussels Sprouts. Try relaxation theraoy to reduce anxiety which will help reduce flare ups. Maybe ask to see a dietician to help you with the Low Fodmap Diet. Get help from your doctor too.

• Posted

Hi N898/How old are you and has any doctor confirmed that you do indeed have ibs.The symptoms that you mentioned is indeed from having ibs,and there is no cure for ibs,however there are things that you can do to help ibs.Passing wind is part of ibs.Try the Fodmap diet,and also read the ibs network which will get you too understand .

• Posted

I personally find farts (the sound and smell) hilarious, which is good because I fart a lot!

Having said that, I think you can actually buy pants that stop any smell leaking out now.

• Posted

I find farts hilarious too and so does my brother. We both have very loud and occasionally smelly gas. My dad is definitely not amused!

• Posted

Nice. I'm 29 and I think I find them even funnier now than I did when I was growing up (which was a lot). Thankfully, my wife also thinks they're funny 😃.

• Posted

It must be my IBS that makes me so gassy; I didn't used to be like that. My niece of nearly 13 always laughs at my bottom music and often makes pretend fart sounds.

• Posted

Hi N898,did you have a look on the website called The ibs Network

• Posted

I'm 26 years old, and every day i have pain in my stomach and lower back..

always gas incontinence ,i have try anything...

I Don't smell it myself and doesn't even feel it..

Believe me, it's not funny..

Are there more people with the same problem?

I Have read something about SIBO ?

• Posted

Yes, i have already tried ibs forum, but i can't find a cure for this..

• Posted

hey, I am exactly the same. It's not funny at all. I'm close to doing something stupid all because I seem to be giving off bad wind. I've been like this 10years now and it's getting worse. I really hope we can find something that helps, I know I've IBS but this seems so extreme. I notice people mentioning a real bad smell are even ask about "did you fart". was funny for a sec but now after people don't want me around an I myself just want to hide away. my anxiety is driving me to breaking point and I'm getting scared because I've no one to talk to about it, even doctors cant seem to help 😦

• Posted

I have IBS and pass lots of gas too. My dad tends to get annoyed but my brother who also has IBS and lots of loud smelly gas just laughs and so do my friends. I find it very funny and ignore my dad pulling faces. Farting is a perfectly natural bodily function which affects everyone in varying degrees but more so when you have IBS. Try to relax and don't heed other people's negative reactions. They're not true friends if they want to avoid you simply because of your gas. Just walk away from them and give them the cold shoulder as they are doing to you. You don't need people in your life like that. When you get unkind comments, ask them if they have a perfect body and don't ever fart. They won't be able to answer this because they know that it is hypocritical for them not to admit that they also pass gas.

You can also remind them that you have a medical condition which is not your fault. Ask them if they would like to be in your position and have others being nasty to them. I bet they wouldn't. Tell them to their face that they are not true friends and that you are ashamed to even know such toxic individuals. There is no need to feel anxious; instead, just laugh back at them and treat passing gas as a joke. Humour can be very disarming. This will disempower them because they won't want to be laughed at.

Try avoiding gassy vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and Brussels Sprouts. Also cut out fizzy drinks. Ask your doctor or chemist for anti gas remedies.

• Posted

thank you, I'll try my best. just a hard time at the minute dealing with this.

• Posted

Also try focusing on what you enjoy and this will help to take your mind off it.

• Posted

i know what you mean, It's not just "farting".

the problem is that you doesn't even feel the gas.. And doctor's don't take this serious.

every one think it's just farting, and think that your a lunatic or crazy.. it's really a weird situation and you can't do anything about it..

• Posted

totally, it's hard to explain to someone face to face an strangely my partner doesn't even notice it. I feel like a one of a kind problem, even tho I'm not. I do feel at ease when I'm at home are out playing with my 2 kids to the point I reckon I don't smell but the moment I go to work are I'm out with other people in a social situation I get a flare up an it's the worst feeling ever. Doesn't help I'm a quite an awkward person around people I don't know 😂. sorry to go on one but I've tried everything I literally live off gluten free pasta an plain chicken.

• Posted

Yup, and also you don't really want to explain it.... Go on "body odor sufferers" on youtube, a lot of us who have the exact same thing are trying to work it out and figure out what it is. But, I feel you 1000000000 %, the hardest part about this is not knowing when you have farted and not being able to smell it. You're basicaly at the mercy of other's people reactions, who usually find you disgusting when all you want to do is bury yourself in shame, because you don't even notice ANYTHING. It drove me nuts for a LONG time, I've had this for 8 years. My theory is that people who are often exposed to you weirdly can't smell it after a while of living together, but, if you seperate for a couple of days, then they'll be able to. Perhaps that is why we cannot smell it ourselves? The very first day this happened to me, and I remember it perfectly, was the only time I ever really noticed the smell, and that was 8 years ago. Now, I do have a lot of theories, but as far as diet goes, I eat pretty much anything except the big no nos, like eggs, which i'll only eat If I know I won't see anyone for 2 days at least. I'll try to avoid drinking too much coke as well, but even that can be fine sometimes. It depends, but I won't go into to much detail for now. BUT, THE BIGGEST factor for me, which makes everything way worst is stress! SO, I have gotten a lot better over the years, although I'm not completely cured, and I can say stress is definitely your WORST enemy. Second to that is not having a bowel movement everyday, AT LEAST. Drink more water, exercice. Hope this helps, if you want more advice or to discuss this then don't hesitate!

• Posted

I get what you're saying, but you have to understand.... We feel totally at loss because we have absolutely NO feeling or control or knowledge of having passed gas. We can't ever smell it, unless we do so consciously. Meaning, in a social situation, you never know when the "horrible" smell is going to hit, and you can't even tell how bad it is, and you can only base yourself on others reactions. That, my friend, is VERY hard on your moral, especially when before it happened your life was perfectly normal. Can you imagine, being with your loved one, intimate, and all of the sudden they almost think you shat yourself, but you can't even notice/ know how it smells. It is awful, and I don't really blame people for reacting. Although, I do blame them for not openly talking about it and also for talking s**t behind your back, even when they know you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.