Leaky gas ibs

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello,

i have for almost 4years the problem i leaking gas.. i don't smell it my self and almost never feel it when the gas pass out.. First i thought i have TMAU because all the comments i get from people because of the smell.. i have really no idee what's going on with me.. people think i s**t my pants and i doesn't smell anything! This is no joke!! https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pondering-suicide-if-i-cant-get-help--401239

This guy have the same problem, i have try anything,doctor's,diet's... nothing works..

I lost all my friends because they think i mess this up,but i don't..!

*after eating my stomach hurts.

*every day i have pain in my lower back.

*anxiety.

How can i fix this?? Is it even possible??

I got this after used finasteride, this crap destroyed my life!!

sorry for my bad English!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello

I'm same too, i have IBS & LG(leaking gas) too, where are you from?

every person around me think that there is my fault & i can't explain them because i am very shy & it's really hurt me , they didn't know that it's a illness,

i can't find any way to treat it , if you find please tell us,

& i think we have to find each other and try to tell everyone that it's a illness thank you,

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary/Low Fodmap to see what foods could be causing gas and pain? Try eliminating gassy drinks and foods such as broccoli, Brussels Sprouts and cabbage.

• Posted

Hey, I have had the exact same thing for almost 8 years now, although it has gotten a lot better! There is a much bigger community now than before though, so you're lucky in that way! I can give you lots of advice if you want, my condition has gotten a lot better, but it still is bad sometimes! Also, you can check out the youtube channel "body odor sufferers", where all of us who have these kinds of conditions look at solutions, and some of us do interviews (anonymous if you want) with the channel creator. This sucks and it's hard, but have faith, one day it'll be a bad memory I hope! stay strong, and if you need any advice, don't hesitate to contact me!

• Posted

can you please tell what did you do that made you feel better?

• Posted

2024-02-26 Johans Guidelines to other people with Leaky Gas

Hi! I am 40 now and I've had these problems (Flatulence, Leaky Gas & Incomplete Bowel Movements) for 27 years. I am much, much better following these guidelines that I will talk about below.

The problem I had when younger was that I was bad so big part of the time, and for so many reasons, it became very difficult to figure out how to eat. It gets much easier as you get better.

Do diet journaling, but do it the right way! Make it so the days are as similar to each other as possible. Eat for example 3-5 meals every day (I do 4), and eat about the same quantity of food each day (I eat in total about 5 regular portions per day).

Eat the same breakfast everyday. Make it a very healthy breakfast that you tolerate completely. And have as many plant sources in the breakfast as possible (fiber is the food for the gut bacteria, and fiber is only in plants). It took me time to make my breakfast but it now look like this:

My breakfast every day: 1 plate. Wheat, Oat & Barley flakes as base. 1 tbsp rye flakes, 1 tbsp buckwheat flakes. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds. 1 tsp of: sesame seeds, chia seeds. 1 tbsp flax seeds. 1 pinch of clove powder, 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon, 1 tbsp cocoa nibs. Some nuts. 2 handfuls of berries heated in hot water which is also poured over. Oat milk.

(If it's a day when I'm feeling a bit worse, the rye flakes are removed, and we reduce the flax seeds).

This is like 14-15 plant sources in the breakfast - great food for the healthy gut bacteria & I feel great from it. It took me time to build up to this breakfast, I started with the wheat, oat & barley flakes, and added a tsp of other ingredients for a week at a time. If you don't tolerate gluten you can replace it with boiled and fridged quinoa. The above fits ME, and you have to find your own plate.

If you eat the same amount of meals everyday, and the same total amount of food and stick to the same breakfast, you will soon start to see patterns between what you are eating and if you stink the next day.

Lunch: (Slightly less than) Small portion animal products (I avoid fatty animal produce because it make me stink). Carbohydrates (brown rice, potatoes, quinoa yes, but pasta doesn't work for me). Vegetables. Spinach/ or any other salad in normal amounts)

Snack: 3 fruits during the day. It should not be less and not more. If I follow this my bowel movements are complete and great. I didn't tolerate fruit very well before, but I do now.

Dinner. Like lunch.

I also eat fermented vegetables everyday to lunch and/ or dinner.

I eat more than 30 different sources of plants (spices are included) per week.

That's it.

Completely avoided:

Alcohol. (I can stink the day after, and be impaired for a couple of days after just 1.5 liters of beer).

Dried fruits and sugar/honey. (I had sugar cravings when younger, but not anymore, it is greatly reduced if you eat a high fiber breakfast).

Processed foods.

Dairy products. (Also my breath is SIGNIFICANTLY better when I avoid it).

Chewing gums & all sorts of artifical sweeteners.

Exercise every other day.

I drink quite much fluids.

Reading tip:

I have read many books on diets. The diets that have made most sense to me are:

I am following Michael Greger's "Daily Dozen" except for legumes which I don't tolerate well (but I hope my belly will in the future).

I highly recommend his book "How not to Die".

I hope this helps!

• Posted

hi n898, i read everything you said and 1 word towards the end and that was stress.... stress will put your bowel in spasm and form gas in your bowel. how powerful it is depends on how it goes through the gut. have you tried anything like buscopan or gaviscon etc to help deal with the gas. can i ask if you're in pain? what does your doctor say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.