Spending hours on the toilet

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

So a year ago I use to go to the loo but spend multiple attempts to empty myself, in quick succession (i.e. go, get up, sit again).

This year, I had a haemerhoidectomy and everything originally went back to normal. Then I would be going twice before dinner, and then twice before dinner, and then once under dinner.

I used to notice if I ate something my stomach would not agree with, I would go multiple times after dinner (I guess to flush out whatever is in my bowels).

However, now, everyday, I go multiple times after dinner, taking up to two hours to empty myself.

I am in a position now, where, with prune juice and probitoics, I get very close to emptying myself on the loo before dinner, but some is left. My bottom feels very tight and narrow (maybe anal stenosis), which I am seeing my surgeon to discuss. If that is an issue, treating that may fix everything. I also get bleeding now, which would be haemerhoids, so that doesn't help.

Basically, I have the same experience as the poor husband of who wrote this thread: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/how-long-each-day-do-you-spend-in-the-bathroom--599005

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.