swallowing problem & acid reflux

Posted , 2 users are following.

guys i need help.. 😞❤️

i've had swallowing problems before but i changed my diet and it helped my stoamch calm down and my esophageal hernia seemed to have calmed down.. Although I still couldn't swallow pills and kind of things, but i found way out which would be to push onto my lower abdomen and this kind of relaxed my swallowing muscles for a fraction of a second and i could swallow a pill.

This was going on for few years but about 5 or 6 days ago something hit me (could be virus) and my swallowing problem is now so bad that i can not swallow any food, liquid, or even my own saliva without getting globus in my throat. When i eat or drink i have to do this push agaisnt my lower abdomen (like i did with pills) and this helps a little bit, but what happens is i still get globus in my throat to some degree, my nose gets congested and if i keep pushing food or liquid down (if i try to finish my meal) then stomach acid comes up my esophagus into my throat..

Because of the same problem i can not even talk, because my esophagus swallows air a lot so most of the day i just keep quiet and try to breathe through nose in a way that im not swallowing air into stomach.

If i force a swallow (without pushing onto abdomen) i dont feel pain but it feels like my throat has to jump over some threshold there to do the swallow, like when old machine is rusty and unflexible, and once it does, i start getting globus within seconds.

I did saliva tests few weeks ago (before this happened) and results said i have high amount of Streptococcus spp, moderate amount of Staphylococcus and some amount of Candida in my mouth (was low when i did the test but this was few weeks ago).

i dont hope for magically getting better suddenly, but is there a way i can help this situation?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi giorgii, so not being able to swallow isn't something made up then? i am always told i'm an adult, i am given tablets that i can't swallow and i am frowned on. I was told i wasn't trying hard enough, i was told it was mind over matter, i was told to crush medication and more besides. you don't want a solution, you like me want to know whether there's anything a miss, i get it. what we do is something else. if you can't swallow water i'd speak to a doctor who looks at your notes etc. i hope you get some answers i never did....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.