IBS in belly button

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Guys,

quick question. Can IBS be as discomfrt within belly button? I have some discomfort (sometime like cramp) feeling there. At morning it was not so often, but now it is more often. I usually have some discomfort/pain in lower abdomen or on the right lower side. This is kinda new for me, so I just wanted to ask, if somebody has symotoms within belly button.

Thanks 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

This could be a "grumbling" appendix so if you get extreme pain between your belly button and the right side you need to see your Gp if in UK . If its so severe you are bent double then try to go to A/E if in UK or Emergency care.

It could also be the start of an umbilical hernia so if you get a lump coming through your navel again see your GP.

• Posted

that's exactly my thought, right hand side? appendix! please check this out with your doctor and very soon.

• Edited

Hi, yes, it can be. It can even be a dull pain all over your belly. I think IBS usually causes lower left abdomen pain and cramps (my case), but at times I also get pain in my belly button, because the colon also tranverses that part (transverse colon). I sometimes get very sharp pain from stool passing from the ascending colon, to the transverse colon (around the belly button) and down to the descending colon. In addition, belly button pain often happens in the morning in my case, right after breakfast. I feel like that is the moment of the day when I am most usually have flare ups, not sure why, but it has always been like that to me. Evenings and nights are quieter in my case. Everyone's case is different I guess. However, if your pain is very severe and mainly located in the right lower side, it could be another thing, as others have said.

• Edited

I've had pain around my belly button for a while now. i never really knew of ibs till I got on this forum so I don't know what is causing it. when it's severe, I can't walk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.