Cow Pat Bowel Movements

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Wonder if you can help me.

Around the middle of September, I noticed I had fresh blood on my poo. I mean as if someone had just wiped a brush over it. I went to the doctor who told me I had a fissure and a pile (or many, im not sure) and gave me cream and off I went after giving me a rectal exam whilst I was there.

I noticed the blood didn’t give up. It wasn’t a lot but fresh bright red blood which freaked me out.

A month or so later I still had the blood, and everyone told me it was just the above conditions and not to stress but my brain already went to many places.

Around October I started noticing I was getting what I can only describe as mush bowel movements. It felt firm when having the movement, but it was just mush. Reminds me of a cow pat or a slush puppy. It wasn’t runny like I expected diarrhoea to be nor was it solid like a “normal” poo.

I then had a hospital appointment as I was referred due to the blood and a hospital doctor gave me an exam and he also said it was just a fissure and a pile. He wanted to band them but due to a stool in my bowel couldn’t but found no blood on the stool when he pulled it out, but he made me bleed doing so.

Long story short I have googled everything, and a few posts have led me down the IBS route. I don’t think I eat badly, nor do I live on dairy or takeaways etc.

I have noticed that I go from tiny thin hard worm poos one day to mush the next. I have also noticed (which I found on here) that I can sometimes have a firm stool and it leads to mush halfway down and the rest of the movement is just mush.

Does this sound like a familiar story to anyone else as I have a colonoscopy coming up next week to rule out anything more serious and im scared silly regardless.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Dont be scared. That bright red blood when having a poo can be very frightening but its usually coming from a fissure or pile in the rectum . If you could have the pile banded then your problems may stop. . As long as your motions are not painful or black or explosive, and fairly regular, and you dont have gut pains then dont worry, but well done for trying to get this sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.