14mm Haemangioma on my liver! HELP

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

I went for an abdominal ultrasound because I have been having stomach issues which have now been identified as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. When I went for my ultrasound to check everything the results came back that I have a 14mm echogenic lesion segment 111 suggestive of a haemangioma .

My doctor said its nothing to worry about at all, She said I will get it checked again in 3 months to check its stability.

Please HELP! Is this haemangioma serious? I know my doctor said its normal but I would appreciate others input. Will it turn into cancer? Is it something to worry about!?

Thanks everyone!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Simonne, a haemangioma is simply a cluster of blood vessels. It is nothing to worry about at all, even on your liver, not an issue. It is no more likely to cause cancer than any other cell in your body. Put it to the back of your head and relax. Enjoy the sunshine.

• Edited

Thankyou Beverly13,

It was just a shock being told I had a mass on my liver! I suffer from extreme anxiety issues. So I keep thinking I'll need a liver transplant or its going to turn into cancer. How would it have even formed?

Thankyou for the reassurance though! 😃

• Edited

You will be fine.The Liver rejuvinates it self meaning it heals itself most time I had Hep C. mine rejenerated. never drank. but had beginning stage of Cirohsis, Now to me im scared its perfectly normal.ask the doctor if this could regenerate please keep me posted. My stomach is sick every morning and i got my gall bladder out because there were test dont mine was just sludge.

• Edited

Hi lynnann48

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope everything goes well for you!

Thankyou for your response! I just hope it doesn't turn into something serious! Good luck with everything! Keep positive and strong!!

Thankyou x

• Edited

try try not to worry about it when I was 4 years old they found calcifications over my liver. I'm 48 now just had my gallbladder out and now they found the calcifications are still there with some focal nodular hyperplasia which is a benign tumor and the doctor said it was nothing to worry about..

• Posted

If the doctor said its all clear then i would trust in the doctor. Its not good to have anxiety about things. Anxiety causes more problems then it solves. It doesnt solve anything, but makes health issues worse.

• Posted

Hi simonne

Sorry to hear you are struggling with this, I was also told I may have an hemangomia

Can I just ask were you referred for an MRI also or just diagnosed at ultrasound?

Thanks

Dan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.