Skip to content

Liver Problems

Also known as Blood Test - Liver Function, Budd-Chiari Syndrome, Cholangitis, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Jaundice, LFTs - Liver Function Tests, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Wilson's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Is this Terry’s nails

Hi, Just wondering if there’s any advice out there please. I’m an extremely worried. I abused alcohol for many years of binge drinking for about 15 years. I’m now 37. It didn’t help that I was in an abusive relationship for 10 years and I used to mask the pain on sometimes a daily or weekly basis mainly...

Last reply
  • Flutter, anxious cold feeling in liver?

I was out for dinner tonight and had some food and half of a cocktail before all of a sudden the area right beneath my xyphoid process (sp?) went fluttery, anxious and sick-feeling.  I felt my face go completely white and all I could think of was “I might be sick, right now”.  That “white as...

Posted
  • Ultrasound: “...consistent with hepatic steatosis.”

Hello, everyone! I had an ultrasound due to abdominal pain.  The findings were normal except... “Liver: There is diffuse increased liver parenchymal echogenicity, consistent with hepatic steatosis.  The liver is normal in size and contour.  No biliary ductal dilatation.” This mean I...

Last reply
  • How im handling liver fibrosis

I was diagnosed with f3 liver fibrosis (NAFLD) last December 2017. Ever since, i lose 26 pounds of my weight since i am overweight (from 190 - 164 pounds). My AST is now at normal range and my ALT went down from 76 now down to 55. As per my doctor, my ultrasound looks good too, as it shows that the fats...

Last reply
  • Liver problem?

Hi, I am an 18 year old male, healthy, normal weight, i run 10km every day. About a month ago I went to the doctor, because of my abdominal pain, mostly below right rib. My blood tests came back normal, with the exception of slightly increased ALT (increased for about 0.03). The doctor said it's...

Last reply
  • NASH

Hi, I was diagnosed with NASH stage 1 (inflammation with minimal fibrosis) in year 2013. Till now I've managed to lose a lot of weight. My LFTS were elevated back in 2013 (upto 200). Now they have stabelized. However, I have noticed a strange change in my behaviour. From last one or year or so It...

Posted
  • Red palms and other signs

Hello everyone.... I have been having a number of symptoms for a while now and now I'm thinking it may be possible i have a liver problem. About 4 days ago my both of my hands felt sore while driving. Later that night while washing my face I noticed the outside of my hands on the side had redness...

Last reply
  • Pain in upper right abdomen for nearly a year.

I recently had an ultrasound and they found my liver wasn't of a normal texture, they said it didn't look fatty but just didn't look right?? I had bloods done and liver function was normal. I've had a dull intermittent pain in my upper right abdomen for nearly a year. It's becoming...

Posted
  • Jaundice recovery

I got jaundice at 3rd jan 2018 becoming yellow eyes and i checked bilrubin 5.6 and sgpt 1611 .. doctor prescribed to take rest 2 weeks and give tests of hepatites b and e..both result came negative .. At 7th jan 2018 i tested blood again bilrubin 4.1 and sgpt 1120 and i visited doctor again ..he checked...

Last reply
  • PBC

I have just been diagnosed with PBC after a liver biopsy im really worried about it. Ive been prescribed URSO has anybody any advice or reassurance please/

Last reply
  • A Few Questions

I have been diagnosed with NAFLD w/ fibrosis stage 4, it has progressed and now my skin itches all the time, any ideas on how to help this?  

Last reply
  • Treating fibrosis

Hi, so i have been diagnosed with fibrosis NAFLD last december 2017. I have been away from the foods that are bad for my liver and eat all healthy foods ( includes vegetables, fruits, fish, organic brown rice drinking coffee/green tea) and i do a regular excercise 5 times a week (2hours per day and currently...

Last reply
  • Fatty liver

i have fatty liver and I am so scared the pain is so bad right side which goes round to my back . I think it cancer and I know it's silly but it's all I think about and it's ruining my life 

Last reply
  • Fatty liver

Hello, I've been diagnosed with fatty liver quite sometime ago and I'm having lots of symptoms. Does anyone know how long right upper abdomen pain last? Lately I can't eat much at all and I'm feeling nausea and can't sleep due to being uncomfortable with being bloated.

Last reply
  • Liver problem?

Hello, I am a 20 y/o male. I've been overweight with gyno since early teenage. I managed to lose weight, but still I was 1.80/75 kilos and bodyfat %25+. I was depressed most of the time, because of that. My bad cholesterol levels are high and even with diets and exercise, the change is minimal. Still...

Last reply
  • Dematographia since 4 months and now ALT elevated

Hi, Since the past 3-4 months i have had itching problems which upon research i identified as dematographia (skin writing). When i finally visited the doc last month he confirmed it and at first gave me fexofenadine and body wash and cream. Did the course for 3 weeks but didn't help. In these 4...

Last reply
  • Extreme fatigue

Hello everyone, I am from Belgium and I am not that good in the English language. I have been PBC for 5 years and it has been discovered for fatigue. I take Ursochol 4 a day. I find it difficult to wear because of the side effects! Extreme fatigue, stomach problems, my hair and nails died off, my skin...

Last reply
  • Huge Fatty Liver - has anyone had this happen to them ????????

Has anyone out there had a diffusely fatty liver that swole up so big in them that it made a horrible swollen feeling in your abdomen. I have, it's the only thing it could be. No tumors, cancer or anything else in there. Had every possible procedure and test known to man (2 ct scans, ultra sound,...

Last reply
  • Need some reassurance

Kind of a long story: started drinking when I was 18 (I'm 28 now, female), nothing too serious, but binge drinking with friends and stuff. After a while I noticed when I would wake up with a hangover, I would get this bruise-like pain in my side. Kind of on the line to the right and slightly up of...

Last reply
  • High Liver Enzymes/OK Ultrasound?

My 19-year-old son just had his annual checkup, which showed elevated liver enzymes in his bloodwork. The doc ordered an ultrasound, which came back fine. She now wants him to see a GI doc. My son doesn't drink, has never used intravenous drugs, takes no medications. Very healthy. Any ideas as to...

Last reply
  • OBC and coffee...

I have PBC. I love my cup of coffee in the morning. My Liver Say coffee is ok. However, I keep reading articles that says to stop drinking it. Any of you with PBC what are your thoughts on this? Love to get your imput Thanks in advance!

Last reply
  • Excessive belching or burping

can someone please answer these questions for me. I have 5 liver cysts in my liver, of course, I had the largest one drained about 2 weeks ago. I would like to know with liver problem is it common to have digestion problem to the point that food get stuck in the center of chest and it take a couple...

Last reply
  • Death - Alcoholic Liver Disease

My ex-husband has just died from Alcoholic Liver Disease. He became very bloated round the abdomen and his urine output and bowel movements erratic. He was hardly able to move around in the last week. I noticed when he came to meet my daughter and I that his eyes were very yellow. It was obvious...

Last reply
  • Liver problems?

I have been having the following symptoms for some months now and am just getting 'fobbed off' by doctors.  Pain in left and right shoulder blade, achy chest pain, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, itchy skin, tender around bottom of my left and right ribs and sometimes breathlessness. ...

Last reply
  • igz igz

AST and ALT Levels

I am hoping that someone can clarify somthing for me. I have, over the last year or so, had very high AST and ALT levels. At first they were around 100 and 150, respectively, and then kept climbing until they got up to 235 and 561 two weeks ago. I changed my diet and drinking habits and got them...

Last reply
  • Elevated Bilirubin

My 27 yo son blood test came back with elevated bilirubin.  Tested negative for hepatitis will be getting an ultrasound.  Should I be worried?

Last reply
  • 6 cm. liver cyst

6-7 cm. cyst found in left lateral lobe of liver. Having symptoms of nausea,diarrhea, severe fatigue, pain in upper abdomen,radiating to back. Weight loss, decreased appetite. I have appt with heptalogist (sp), what should I expect?

Last reply
  • Liver Levels

My 16 yr old son (he's 6'1, 215, very slender)  has some blood work done in mid-December, his ALT level came back at 60, almost 4 weeks later it retook the test and it came back at 120.  He had a liver ultrasound (saw some small areas of fat) and it having a hep A panel done tonight...

Last reply
  • Elevated Alpha-Fetoprotein

My lab tests revealed elevated AFP and I'm wondering what this means. I recently had elevated liver enzymes but now they are back to normal. The hepatologist is a bit stumped but I'm scheduled for an MRI on Feb. 6 to check for any masses. 

Last reply
  • Hepatic liver 5 small but one grew 18 cm

I went to the emergency room about a month ago, for pain on my right side underneath my rib cage but back side. All kind of bloodwork was ordered but came back normal. Dr. did a CT scan showed an 18 cm cyst doctor wanted to drain it. Got it drain on friday 1/19/18. Procedure went well but said if it...

Last reply
  • There is Hope - End Stage

Since joining the site I have read some really sad posts, mostly from people believing they are knocking on deaths doorstep from end stage liver disease relating to alcoholism. You need to know that the body is a VERY resiliant multicellular organism. It's entire Job is to keep you living...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.