Skip to content
Ad

Liver Problems

Also known as Blood Test - Liver Function, Budd-Chiari Syndrome, Cholangitis, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Jaundice, LFTs - Liver Function Tests, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Wilson's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Fatty Liver

Abnormal liver results ive had an ultrasound which shows fatty liver and now I have got to have a biopsy. I spoke to consultant on Friday who is arranging the biopsy she has no idea why my enzymes are rising, ive had bloods taken for PBC and Hepatitis and they as far are fine. im worried sick and now...

Last reply
  • GGT and SGPT are high

My medical report shows GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) and ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT) values as 55.3 U/l and 57.8 U/l respectively.  Is it normal, how should I reduce GGT and SGPT values.

Posted
  • Cirrhosis

I've been told that I may have signs of early stage cirrhosis, is this reversible.

Last reply
  • Liver cysts

An ultra sound scan found that my liver is enlarged due to liver cysts - 3 large, my liver function is normal and my kidneys are clear, but I'm having awful indigestion and my appetite is poor because I feel sick all the time. Is there anyone else out there that has liver cysts without kidney cysts?...

Last reply
  • Liver Blood Work

I'm a 59 y/o female that recently had some liver blood work done. My GGT, AST, and ALT were all elevated. GGT was 55, AST 39 and ALT 43. Albumin, bilrubin, and ALP came back normal. What can I infer from this? I am a frequent drinker and I assume I will need to cut down or be sober for a while until...

Last reply
  • newly diagnised

I'm a 61 year old Brit, heavy drinker since I was 14, diagnosed with cirrhosis 8 days ago, now 8 days dry, I'm waiting for the results of my CT scan and very nervous about the possibility of liver cancer. I stopped drinking as soon as I was diagnosed and apart from not sleeping I've had little...

Last reply
  • HELP anti smooth muscle antibody #positive

Hi, I have come to know that my antibodies blood test came back and the anti smooth muscle antibody is positive. I have been reading about it and I am slightly worried. My gp did a liver function test and ALT was a bit raised up but that could be the gallbladder stones which am getting removed in 2 weeks...

Last reply
  • Pbc

Recently diagnosed pbc Fibroscan result mild hepatic fibrosis Ultrasound normal No fatty liver Seeing hepatologist monday Should i ask to go on urso Your advice would be very much appreciated Thanks aine

Last reply
  • Pains and itching 4a week now. Any suggestions/ wat 2do I do

I have been having pounding pains at d right hand side of the abdomen and I was diagnosed wit fatty Liver disease and have been taking Livolin and Silibon. Any other suggestions? But d challange I have now is dat I started having pains again where I was operated on for Varicocele and d pain is pounding...

Posted
  • Anyone heard about this medicine Essentiale forte?

Hi there guys, Sorry to post about the same thing twice,but I was hopping to found someone who will tell me more about the drug I'm taking for my fatty liver. The medicine is called ,, Essentiale Forte'' Is suppose help your liver gets better,I read very good reviews on Amazon about it.But...

Last reply
  • Elevated AST, ALT, Creatine Kinase all else normal including GGT

History: 38 year old active female.  Run 50 minutes most days a week and weight train 5 or 6 days.  My AST and ALT was high so doctor told me to stop drinking and retest in a week.  THis time my AST (65) and ALT (75) but increased slightly but my GGT is normal and my Creatine Kinase is...

Last reply
  • scared sick

I’ve been having some Gastro problems for three weeks now. I have been diagnosed with ibs so this could be a flare. I’ve had diarreah and now mushy pop. Abdo pain has and wind pains. I’ve had loads of blood tests done and poo tests too. They have all come back negative and within ranges. I’m so worried...

Last reply
  • High AST, ALT, Alkaline Phosphatase

My numbers are: Alkaline Phosphatase, S 153 AST (SGOT) 276 ALT (SGPT) 471 Went to a local clinic as I was feeling ill and they requested blood panels. After receiving the results I was referred to a Gastroenterologist. I left his office today with orders for additional blood panels and a couple of abdominal...

Last reply
  • PBC new diagnosis - not sure I want to live thru it

Just diagnosed tonight - sent an email with my lab results. Early stage and will be treated with long term medication per doctor’s note. He emailed me.  Doctor appt isn’t for one month but I am going to try to move it up.  Question - why would I continue living? It sounds like I take the medication...

Last reply
  • Recovery time from laparoscopic large liver cyst?

Hi!  Just had a large liver cyst laparoscopically removed about 9 days ago.  The surgeon also did some resection. Cyst probably about 18cm and about 5 pounds of fluid.  Previously at 22cm and 7 pounds which I had drained, but immediately filled back up, this the surgery.   Feeling...

Last reply
  • Recently found out i have a liver cyst and i’m very worried!!

I have recently found out that I have a liver cyst which is now 46mm. I have pain on my right side, feel very bloated and extreme fatigue with lack of sleep.  Two months ago, my scan showed that it was 36mm however in the space of two months,it has grown to 46mm. I am very scared and would like...

Last reply
  • Elevated AST and ALT levels.....worried

I am 38 yo female, very active 45 minutes of running 6-7 days a week with lifting 5 days a week. I do drink 2 beverages a day but never more.  My blood results were: Bun 30 high Bun creatinine 36 high AST 59 high ALT 54 high Others were normal: Sodium  Chloride Carbon dioxide Albuminglobulin...

Last reply
  • Liver Pain - Since august 19th (alcohol related)

Hello everyone I am a 20 year old male and I have liver pain in my upper right quadrant for almost 3 months now.  I've had a big drinking summer, 9-10 +- beers a night 5 nights a week + 26oz fireball bottle almost every weekend.  I started having this acute pain after 4 nights of binge...

Last reply
  • Healthy individual with adbormal Liver

Hey everyone,   I am a reasonable healthy 26 yr old female, I am not overweight at all and don't suffer from any health problems. Except anxiety so I take Fluoxatine 20mg daily. I went for a blood test about a pain in my left side of the abdomen, as the Doctor thought I may have a kidney or...

Last reply
  • NAFLD? Any similar experiences and views on this...

Told in May suspected NAFLD but despite dropping weight slowly at about 1 to 2 lb a week from 18 stone to 15 stone 9 (114 to 99kg).. as 5 9 bloke aiming for 90kg and on a low sugar low carb liver friendly diet..cut out all white breast rice and processed foods etc and swimming lengths 5 days a week...

Last reply
  • A returned Benign Liver Cyst

My large liver Cyst was de- roofed and drained by key hole Surgery 4 years ago ..it returned after 9 months and I had to have open surgery to have it done again more thoroughly. It has now returned again after 3 years making me feel dizzy...spaced out..nauseous ..and energy completely depleted . Since...

Last reply
  • Elevated ALT/AST

I had my annual blood work and everything was great except my ALT/AST levels were 92/100. Last year they were 80 each.  I’m on a triglycerides med and my GP said last year the rise could be from that. I do drink wine but I hit it hard this summer on our boat (Mimosas, Bloody Marys and wine on weekends.)....

Last reply
  • Really need help... scared and worried.

For the past 6 weeks, I've had pretty severe pain in my upper right quadrant. It's only gotten steadily worse to the point where it's become incapacitating. I had my gallbladder removed in 2011.  I'm currently clinically obese after having my son last year-I've suffered depression...

Last reply
  • Abnormal liver function tests.

Hi there - i have had several blood tests which have shown my Gamma GT levels to be over 300. I have been called back by my GP for further investigations. I told some of my family who all laughed as i drink less than anyone else in the family - or my friends for that matter. I have a couple of small...

Last reply
  • High Alt!!make me scared

Hello every one, i am 31 year male--------i had an annual company check up 2 weeks ago i get result today and i was shcoked last year my Alt is high 52 and now it jump to 81----i start feeling worry last year when i get my result i go to doctor and he say me no need to worry he didnot give me any medicine...

Posted
  • Conjugated billarubemia

Hi, I'm 17 and I recently found that my eyes are slightly jaundiced so went to the doctors and had blood tests done. All tests came back normal (I wasn't tested for hepititus however I have had unprotected sex a year ago and stupidly lied to my doctor and said that I hasn't) however it showed...

Last reply
  • Bleeding Varices Recovery Time

Hi everyone, I have some cirrhosis and as a result varices..I had a bad episode of bleeding varices a week ago. I was throwing up tons of blood and found out 2 veins were bleeding.Doc put bands on them. I still do not feel well, and am wondering how long does it take to recover from something like that?...

Last reply
  • I am in panic

Hello guys, i am in panic. It's already a year as i don't feel well with my abdominal pains, bloating. I've done a lot of test and i was told that i have ibs. Lately, something like a couple of months i have a pain under the right rib, espesially in the area of the liver, i went to ultrasound...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.