Skip to content
Ad

Liver Problems

Also known as Blood Test - Liver Function, Budd-Chiari Syndrome, Cholangitis, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Jaundice, LFTs - Liver Function Tests, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Wilson's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • liver or back ache

Hi everyone. Today and yesterday I have been feeling less of an ache but a tight/tension feeling in the right hand side of my middle back, it wasn't there when I woke today but it has come back throughout the day. The feeling is less noticeable depending on which posistion I am sitting/lying/standing...

Posted
  • Fatty liver and pancreas but GP said your scan is normal?

Im confused can someone explain please  Ive had a pain in my right lower chest area going through to my back and it  comes and goes but sometimes its stabbing making me scream unexpectedly mainly at night . if i sit or lay down it comes on but is less if I stand up? its been like it for 2months...

Last reply
  • Liver enzymes slightly elevated

Hello i just had bllod work done on monday in whic i am not over weight nor do i drink. My results for my liver enzymes were high Ast is 35 and alt is 57. My doctor told me that alt and ast are only supposed to be 10-35. My hch was a little low at 43 as well. I am not in pain ive just been feeling tired....

Last reply
  • Stomach pain

Hi for the past 4 to 5 years I have had intermittent stomach pains. They can last for a few hours to nearly a week. It hurts to touch near my belly button. Doctors can't seem to find the problem. I am having a liver ultrasound on Monday.  Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • liver pain

I have been battling fatty liver disease for a number of years,  recent blood tests show reduce liver enzymes have come down, and I have managed to lose weight, positive signs but, I keep getting this right flank pain, is like a dull ache, and then at times, I get a sharp acute shooting...

Last reply
  • Liver ultrasound

Wondering if someone can help I have been having blood test on my liver and my enzyme is enlarged doctors says it's 178 I have been booked for a ultrasound this week but i also have a lump in my limfergland and getting night sweats. I have had another blood test before my ultrasound and it's...

Last reply
  • My Bilirubin is high !!

Hello guys, my recent blood test that show my total bilirubin 28,2mol/l higher than the average ( < 17mol/l). Is some drugs cause my bilirubin higher ? Because when i went for my bloodtest i take 1 dose of Lomac 20mg, mucosta 100mg. Please help. Thanks for anh reply

Last reply
  • Is it possible to get cirrhosis of liver from one glass of wine :(

I had one glass of slightly off red wine on Saturday night and have been having slight liver pains and tiredness (?) for the past few days. It was the first time I have ever had alcohol except for once last year. Has anybody ever had cirrhosis of the liver under such circumstances? I am 16 years old...

Last reply
  • Liver enzyme level of 47 for ALT

Hi I had a blood test two weeks ago and i called the clinic today and they said everything was fine (CBC, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Liver tests) except one of my enzymes was at 47, which is just above the 45 max. Problem is last year it was the same, and the year before that also. Always high 40's....

Last reply
  • Fatty liver pain

I got told a year ago I had a fatty liver was 17st 10lb  since then I've lost 4st 10lb I do lots of running 25 mile a week 2 x 6.2 and a half each week but still get the pain almost everyday some days worse than others trapped wind tends to hurt it more will this ever go I still have love handles...

Posted
  • Intra hepatic calculi/Caroli's disease.

i have just been diagnosed with intra hepatic calculi and possible Caroli's disease and been told I will have to have a segment of my liver removed because I am at high risk of bile duct cancer. Has anyone any similar experience?  

Last reply
  • borderline liver

Calling all people with similar symptom! I've been feeling generally poorly for about 4 weeks on and off with girly tummy bit of nausea but lightheaded and woozy. Had bloods done and told I need them doing again because something on my liver function is borderline. What does this mean? Also what...

Last reply
  • Liver tests

Hi. I had deranged liver readings before my gallbladder removal. They have gone down mostly, apart from ggt which is 76u/l from a high of 319 before surgery. Lipase was 550, bilirubin 55, ALT 293, AST 506, conjugated bilirubin 23. All ok now except ggt, which was trending down. (Now 76 which is 26 above...

Posted
  • On going liver issues

Please can I have some opinions. I had glandular fever 5 years ago and had severe jaundice and really bad liver function results. I've never really felt better since and have been told I have chronic fatigue. I was then pregnant 3 years ago and had cholestasis of pregnancy and my liver readings...

Last reply
  • Itchy liver

Hi I get itching and bloating in the liver area after eating oily goods cakes pastries or foods with preservatives. Anyone else with similiar symptoms ?

Last reply
  • Liver problem

Hi Had a lblood test showing Ast 44 Alt 133 so doc ordered another a month later and this time it was Ast 44 Alt 108 and ggt 77. Also told cholesterol 7.7 and triglycerides 5. Also had high white cells in urine and now being treated for prostatitis. Then had ultrasound and told my liver looks perfectly...

Last reply
  • Red palms and other signs

Hello everyone.... I have been having a number of symptoms for a while now and now I'm thinking it may be possible i have a liver problem. About 4 days ago my both of my hands felt sore while driving. Later that night while washing my face I noticed the outside of my hands on the side had redness...

Last reply
  • Hepatocellular Disease

So I just got my ultrasound results back. Bit of back story, 25 years old, not overweight, non-drinker or smoker. I began having a slight ache on my upper right side of my abdomen and decided to check it out. Doc said it was IBS but I insisted on getting an ultrasound, he budged and I had an abdominal...

Last reply
  • Enlarged Liver of 19cm??

I have an enlarged liver of 19cm. It was 18.8cm last April when I was diagnosed with gallstones and an enlarged liver via ultrasound, but I had a CT scan last week, and now my liver is 18.9cm which they just went on and referred as 19cm. What can I do? My doctor has only referred me to a gastro, which...

Last reply
  • What does iron saturation at 52 mean as it is over the norm?

I have been an entertainer for over 35 yrs and a heavy drinker. My blood tests are always normal even when diagnosed with hep c and being cured. I have side pain that use to come and go but it will not leave now and my only blood test out of wack is the iron at 52 should i be really concerned. I have...

Last reply
  • Help understanding liver biopsy

Hi all, im new here. Im 23 year old male, used to be a competitive bodybuilder but for the last 2 years ive had nothing but problems. I had gall stones right before my 21st birthday so i had my gallbladder removed. My kidney liver and bilirubin were all elevated. My bilirubin still is and my liver enzymes...

Last reply
  • High elevated liver enzymes....what to do

I've been in and out of the hospital for the past 2 weeks now. I'm currently taking pantoprazole to help control the acid in my stomach. I was recently diagnosed with internal bleeding that is caused from medications that was originally prescribed for my wrist pain. I'm now home but in so...

Last reply
  • Blood test borderline

Hi can anyone help i had a blood test Monday and my liver one come back borderline they said normal is 130 and a year ago mine was 119 but this test it said my  alkaline phosphatase was now 141 they have done another test today but a bit worried. i have had gallstones for 20 years could it be something...

Last reply
  • Elevated ALT levels, Should I be concerned?

Hello, I am suffering from IBD and I'm on 30mg of prednisone and just for routine checkup I have decided to get some bloodwork and ultrasound done ultrasound reveleaed that everything was fine(including liver) I'm not experiencing any liver-related symptoms, however my blood work was: 57 for...

Last reply
  • Paracetamol overdose few weeks back

After stupidly taking so many put myself in hospital with antidote and saline solution. Now I've noticed I'm completely dry over all drinking alot of liquid but still feel so dry and mucus out my nose is very little or clumpy in a white sort very sticky. Throat is dry and sore still and everything...

Last reply
  • Possible acetaminophen alcohol toxicity

On February 2nd 2017, I drank 9 to 11 beers (I have drank atleast 30 times before this) the next day, I was having tooth pain so I took 2 500 mg acetaminophen tablets and one naproxen tablet. That night my liver felt like it was being prodded. I was honestly prepared to die (I felt worse than I ever...

Last reply
  • Stage 4 cirrhosis

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cirrhosis a year ago I also have oesophageal varies where I had 6bands I went to the doctor last week and my liver is now stable, but I don't know much about my condition and the stage it is at has anyone else been through this? Or know any information about cirrhosis...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.