Skip to content

Liver Problems

Also known as Blood Test - Liver Function, Budd-Chiari Syndrome, Cholangitis, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Jaundice, LFTs - Liver Function Tests, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Wilson's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just diagnosed with mild fatty liver

hi I’m new to this so forgive me if I get it wrong I have been feeling off colour since Christmas when I had stomach problems for over a month which was checked out with colonoscopy not pleasant but was told everything ok. Had blood test was told nothing to worry about just slightly elevated bilirubin...

Last reply
  • Autoimmune liver hepatitis

Hi all, I’ve been diagnosed with autoimmune liver hepatitis since 2015 but the disease started in 2014 after I had an operation done to remove fibroids.  Since 2015 I’ve been on steroids. no other medicines agree with me. However, recently last couple of months my liver reading when back to normal....

Posted
  • HELLO Liver resection on 14th april need advice please

i'm 21 i have was it called a focal nodular hyperplasia and hemangioma on my liver. i have just watched some videos. but i am worried that they're just going to remove my galbladder for no reason like some people had to have theres taken out even if it was healthy? has anyone had a liver resection...

Last reply
  • Liver pain fatty liver

Dear all I got diagnosed with a fatty liver 6 months ago I have a pain in my right side hurts like hell some days other days not as bad trapped gas makes it worse now since then I've gone from 15st to 13st I run 30 miles a week I do half marathons etc but pain is still there getting me down now I...

Last reply
  • Itchy Skin with one of the liver enzyme above normal

Hello, Hi everyone hope somebody can help me about my problem,I’m having itchy soles and toes of my feet every night for months,so wnet to the GP for check up,she ordered 5 blood test and 3 days after letter came saying I need to repeat my LFT in 6 weeks time.I burst into tears and my anxiety raised...

Last reply
  • Liver resection

i am having a liver resection next week. Open surgery to remove a large cyst on my liver. Gallbladder out also. Any advice. Very nervous!

Last reply
  • Concerned about my fibroscan score! Could it be overestimated?

Hello, i am new here. At the age of 21 I had a fibroscan that revealed a Kpa of 34 and a steatosis CAP of 400. I have NAFLD, and an ultrasound just a month ago said only "fatty liver" and nothing else. An MRI of the abdomen, including liver, 1.5 years ago (done for unrelated reason) did not...

Last reply
  • Need some answers, so turning to this

So February 18th, after a night of drinking I puked the next day constantly. Thought it was just a hangover but the rest of the week I could barely eat, was nauseas, and I was in pain. I went to the ER had blood work done and even an ultrasound, nothing. They said it was probably inflammation of the...

Last reply
  • Bilirubin

I've just had a liver function test and all is normal except for a bilirubin level of 41. I'm wondering if two operations to remove a large part of my bowel and later my gallbladder could be a cause of the elevated results? The readings have varied quite a lot over the last 10 years or so, the...

Last reply
  • Feeling More Desperate

Hi, I have posted before about my recent drinking binge which started in November 2017 with 10 pints of lager a night, due to my mother being diagnosed with cancer, she passed away in February and I have not been able to stop, for more than a day or two in 5 months now I am really concerned about the...

Last reply
  • Red palms and other signs

Hello everyone.... I have been having a number of symptoms for a while now and now I'm thinking it may be possible i have a liver problem. About 4 days ago my both of my hands felt sore while driving. Later that night while washing my face I noticed the outside of my hands on the side had redness...

Last reply
  • Elevated liver function tests

I have elevated liver enzymes, ALT - 72, AST -52, ALP-171. My bilirubin was fine and within the range. I'm really worried. I'm overweight too and lead a sedentary lifestyle. Does this sound like non alcoholic fatty liver? Any advice or help?

Last reply
  • OMG.. My liver is huge (28cm)!! Help!

So, i am freaking out right now, and i hope anyone can  lend some advice.  I recently had my ultrasound, and i was given this as the reading: "Findings: aorta has a normal diameter. Liver left lobe 8.8cm long and right lobe 20.1cm long and appears mildy echogenic. Pancreas, gallbladder,...

Last reply
  • Recovery time from laparoscopic large liver cyst?

Hi!  Just had a large liver cyst laparoscopically removed about 9 days ago.  The surgeon also did some resection. Cyst probably about 18cm and about 5 pounds of fluid.  Previously at 22cm and 7 pounds which I had drained, but immediately filled back up, this the surgery.   Feeling...

Last reply
  • It is possible to live a good life with liver cirrhosis.

Guys, when it comes to the liver, unfortunately, it's one of those organs which does not give very obvious, painful signs that is is deterirating until it get to a cetain stage. It's absolutely vital to take your liver seriously and if there is anything wrong, see the doctor and ger treatment....

Last reply
  • Recently found out i have a liver cyst and i’m very worried!!

I have recently found out that I have a liver cyst which is now 46mm. I have pain on my right side, feel very bloated and extreme fatigue with lack of sleep.  Two months ago, my scan showed that it was 36mm however in the space of two months,it has grown to 46mm. I am very scared and would like...

Last reply
  • Mrs

I have bile salt mal absorption and have been getting a pain in the right hand side of my abdomen for a few months now.  I had an ultra sound and have a fatty enlarged liver.  I believe the pancreas is linked to bile salt and wondered if this was where my pain was?  I get acid reflux and...

Posted
  • Red palms/NASH/Nafld/Cirrhosis

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.  I'm often worried that I may have liver disease or something worse.  I had a full physical with my doctor at the start of january 2018.  Prior to my physical I would get some pain in my right side around my liver area, I still occasionally...

Last reply
  • Liver enzyme level of 47 for ALT

Hi I had a blood test two weeks ago and i called the clinic today and they said everything was fine (CBC, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Liver tests) except one of my enzymes was at 47, which is just above the 45 max. Problem is last year it was the same, and the year before that also. Always high 40's....

Last reply
  • There is Hope - End Stage

Since joining the site I have read some really sad posts, mostly from people believing they are knocking on deaths doorstep from end stage liver disease relating to alcoholism. You need to know that the body is a VERY resiliant multicellular organism. It's entire Job is to keep you living...

Last reply
  • Back to normal AST and ALT levels after 2 months HELP!!!!!!!

Hi guys one night i was drinking i had about 6 beers i went to hospital because i had a headach that wouldnt go away they checked my blood and told me i had high liver enzymes i had my AST level at 332 and my ALT at 141 so i stopped drinking and started eating healthier and after 2 months it went back...

Last reply
  • Bilirubin

Hi; I am very worried . I had a blood test that came back high bilirubin levels. Doctor thinks it maybe gallstones. I don't think so, I had not much pain. Just a tiny bit when I stomach is upset which it is now with stress. She wants me to go for another blood test to confirm. Has anyone heard of...

Last reply
  • Strange sensation.

I'm having a weird feeling under my ribs on my right side. It almost feels like I'm pregnant and the baby is sticking its foot into my ribs. I've had 2 LFTs and they were both normal. It feels like something needs to be pushed back into place. It's not really painful....just annoying....especially...

Posted
  • Edima

Did anyone get edima before any other symptoms?  Edima is in my legs and it is painful later in the day on my shins and calves.  Just curious if anyone else has this.   This has me scared that ascites will be coming very soon.  Anyone else had this also?    Just scared...

Last reply
  • 6 cm. liver cyst

6-7 cm. cyst found in left lateral lobe of liver. Having symptoms of nausea,diarrhea, severe fatigue, pain in upper abdomen,radiating to back. Weight loss, decreased appetite. I have appt with heptalogist (sp), what should I expect?

Last reply
  • What does my liver blood test results mean?

Hi I have been having a rough time lately. All started Christmas time when I started with diarrhoea. Its been chronic since then. I suffer with pale, fatty stools and stomach pains. The gp blamed ibs for weeks until I begged for a stool test. I was given a fecal calprotectin test and it came back high...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.