Skip to content
Ad

Liver Problems

Also known as Blood Test - Liver Function, Budd-Chiari Syndrome, Cholangitis, Cirrhosis of the Liver, Jaundice, LFTs - Liver Function Tests, Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Wilson's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • scared of recent diagnosis outcome

Hello folks, recently I was told quite bluntly that I had Cirrhosis of the liver, until then I was just told "you have a fatty liver" which did not really mean much to me at the time (lack of info) I had a fibroscan of the liver a year or so ago, then a more recent one showing scarring, which...

Last reply
  • Clear Bloods and Ultrasound

Hi. I've been a heavy drinker for the best art of a decade and over the last few years I've experienced a lot of symptoms that could suggest liver disease. Symptoms that came and went include itchy skin, white stools, headaches, fatigue, pain under ribs. I gave up drinking recently and feel great....

Last reply
  • Liver pain fatty liver

Dear all I got diagnosed with a fatty liver 6 months ago I have a pain in my right side hurts like hell some days other days not as bad trapped gas makes it worse now since then I've gone from 15st to 13st I run 30 miles a week I do half marathons etc but pain is still there getting me down now I...

Last reply
  • ALT and vitamin D

I had a blood test. ALT is 74 and my vitamins d 25 hydroxy is 11. Can anyone shed some light on what this may mean? Has anyone has anything similar?  

Last reply
  • I am in panic

Hello guys, i am in panic. It's already a year as i don't feel well with my abdominal pains, bloating. I've done a lot of test and i was told that i have ibs. Lately, something like a couple of months i have a pain under the right rib, espesially in the area of the liver, i went to ultrasound...

Posted
  • Need some advice with my daughters blood work

My daughter is 9went in for a blood test as she's had headaches. Everything came back normal except her ALT was 43 and also her EOS was 1.5. Everything else was within normal limit I did notice that her AST was on 37 but that's still within range. Can some please tell me what's going on as...

Last reply
  • Help diagnosing

Hi, for the last 4 years I have been battling constant burping and indigestion "attacks" that end up sending me in atrial fibrillation, a form of arrhythmia.  Heart is structurally sound and they have already tried ablating it to stop the afib with no success.  Gastroscopy does not...

Last reply
  • Alt

May ALT was 117. I take tramadol and clonazapam. Would this cause it to be elevated?

Last reply
  • Liver enzyme level of 47 for ALT

Hi I had a blood test two weeks ago and i called the clinic today and they said everything was fine (CBC, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Liver tests) except one of my enzymes was at 47, which is just above the 45 max. Problem is last year it was the same, and the year before that also. Always high 40's....

Last reply
  • CT results and every Dr has a different opinion

Hi, I have been experiencing right upper quadrant pain for the past 6 months. I have right shoulder pain and lower back pain. I have had a normal HIDA scan and all my blood work is normal, negative for hepatitis. I had a CT scan and the results stated ☆ Heterogeneous enhancement of the liver indicating...

Last reply
  • Xifaxan i dont need.

I suffered liver failure in June and bought $6000 worth (75 days-150 pills). I am unable to continue my treatment as I will soon be homeless. I wish to find someone who can use it.

Last reply
  • inflamed liver sent home

My son went to a gastrenologist (sp) August 29, his blood test for hep or diabetes, etc were negative, he stated "inflamed liver" and sent him home to follow a special diet and come back once a week, and no work for 30 days. My son did not make it to his one week appt as he steadily went down...

Last reply
  • Elevated ALP but all other blood work is normal! I’m worried :(

I have had elevated ALP for over a year and am extremely worried. All of my other blood work has come back in normal ranges including all my other liver enzymes. I have been on birth control for about 15 years and have been taking an antidepressant for about 9 years.  I am petrified right now, any...

Last reply
  • Really worried

I recently had an ultrasound scan which discovered I have a fatty liver my Alkaline Phosphate results have been creeping up and now im getting really worried. I don't drink, im 5 2 height and weigh 8.7 so definitely not overweight I also eat very healthily so there isn't anything I can do...

Last reply
  • ALT Level HIgh

Hi, My first ALT was 76, On June 30 2017. Second time test Results:July 19 2017 ALT : 67 AST : 37 GGT! : 40  Hepatitis A Serology: Procedure HAV IgM-Nonreactive Hepatitis B Serology: Procedure HBV Surface Ag-Nonreactive. I did not have a habit of drinking.May  I know the cause of reason and...

Last reply
  • swelling and liver enzymes elevated

Hello, my name is James and 250 lb, 30 yr old, 6'1" male. I had recently started a health kick and have lost about 15 lbs in a month. I work nights and usually go for a 2 mile run after work. One night last week, I started feeling not so good and thought I might have caught the flu. But by the...

Last reply
  • Liver enzymes slightly elevated

Hello i just had bllod work done on monday in whic i am not over weight nor do i drink. My results for my liver enzymes were high Ast is 35 and alt is 57. My doctor told me that alt and ast are only supposed to be 10-35. My hch was a little low at 43 as well. I am not in pain ive just been feeling tired....

Last reply
  • Recovery time from laparoscopic large liver cyst?

Hi!  Just had a large liver cyst laparoscopically removed about 9 days ago.  The surgeon also did some resection. Cyst probably about 18cm and about 5 pounds of fluid.  Previously at 22cm and 7 pounds which I had drained, but immediately filled back up, this the surgery.   Feeling...

Last reply
  • Liver adenoma, 5 cm, from birth control

Hi all, I have a mass on my liver that is 5cm and consistent with an adenoma caused by oral contraceptives. I saw a surgeon to talk about doing a laparoscopic liver biopsy, where they make an incision and directly biopsy the mass with a needle. The second option is to wait until December for another...

Posted
  • 2cm possible liver cyst

In past month, have had 6 distinct "attacks" of abdominal pain, nausea, threw up one of those times that last 5  hours.  So bad I was curled up in a ball.  I have a history of GERD and had an ulcer years ago.  Saw gastroenterologist who ordered ultrasound scan at which time...

Last reply
  • Giant hepatic cyst: Any links with Gilbert's Syndrome?

I've just been found to have a giant (20cm) hepatic cyst. Apart from severe backache this has been almost entirely asymptomatic. However, I've known for about 5 years that I have Gilbert's Syndrome. This, too, has been largely without symptoms apart from alcohol and fat intolerance. Both...

Last reply
  • Fatty Liver - looking for advice (new here)

Hi On my phone so I'll be brief. I've done a lot of research on my health despite completely 'normal' bloods. I think I had slightly elevated bilrubin. I have a history of binge eating and comfort eating... Overeating and I am 30 years old. I think I have a combination of fatty liver...

Last reply
  • Worried about urine test result and scared !

38 year old male recovering from prostatitis. Yesterday I had my 30 day follow-up and I am healing from the prostatitis fairly well. Per standard procedure a urine test was done and everything was good except I had small trace of bilirubin in my urine. My urologist did not seem concerned and so I didn't...

Last reply
  • HELP anti smooth muscle antibody #positive

Hi, I have come to know that my antibodies blood test came back and the anti smooth muscle antibody is positive. I have been reading about it and I am slightly worried. My gp did a liver function test and ALT was a bit raised up but that could be the gallbladder stones which am getting removed in 2 weeks...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.