Elevated Liver enzymes & chest abdominal pain ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 62 yo male in good physical shape due to years of physical exercise .

But I've run into some health problems and ended up in emergency the other night due to severe chest pains .

So far they don't know what it is .

It started about 6 - 8 weeks ago with unusual constipation for myself , took laxatives multiple types but didn't really work that well . Still having bowel issues to this day . Also been suffering from bloating and severe gas .

Had an MRI for my benign prostate cancer and they detected diverticulitis as well .

I do also have Ulcerative Colitis but never had constipation or issue's like this only diarrhea and mucus and blood in stools . At present I have none of those issues .

I have also had my gallbladder removed about 3 years ago .

2 weeks ago severe chest pains started and 3 nights ago I ended up in emergency . A ECG scan was taken as well as 2 full bloods 6 hours apart and the results were all normal except for elevated liver enzymes .

The hospital said from here I have 2 options , one I go have further heart Echo stress test for the heart and the other I go see a Gi doctor as it maybe connected to something else going on ?

Things are starting to move in the bowel but last 2 days my stools have turned very unusual dark green and I haven't been consuming anything much in the way of greens like spinach etc .

I did fail to tell the doctors at emergency I take quite a few supplements like saw palmetto , zinc , B vitamins and others .

The other possible problem is I've been addicted to sugarless energy drinks the past 6 months 1 - 3 cans a day , 1 - 2 cans mostly .

I don't smoke or drink alcohol much maybe 1 - 2 glasses twice a month .

I am going to cut right back if not give up the energy drinks completely now .

One hour after being released from hospital after having my gallbladder 3 years ago out I ended up back in hospital for 1 week with severe chest and upper abdomen pain but they couldn't find anything .

This pain I have now feels a fair bit like what I went through after having the gallbladder removed .

Does this sound like Liver issues or something due to having the gallbladder removed ?

Hospital said my pancreas blood markers seem ok too .

I am also concerned I may have done some damage to my Liver re the supplements or energy drinks .

Is there any particular test's I should be focusing on ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Update

I havn't had a chance to see the doctor yet but I'm starting to think it could be an Ulcer ?

• Posted

ask for a referral to the nhs london hospital for tropical medicine as this is the only facility for parasites. get a private gp to arrange a blood test for fluke. they can live a good 25-30 years and clog up your billiary ducts. most parasites live in your upper intestine, stuff up your digestion and are completely overlooked by doctors. the fluke comes from watercress and has been making a comeback in livestock for over ten years because of resistance to drugs. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.