High Liver Enzymes

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been experiencing gallbladder attacks since early February. After several weeks and a HIDA scan it was determined that my gallbladder was functioning at 15% and I recently had it removed on 3/6/23. My gallbladder had no stones but did have a polyp and the pathology showed it was distended as well. During my attacks in early February and up to and after my surgery my ALT and AST levels have been slowly increasing. Alk Phos has been normal as has Bilirubin. My last blood test showed that my ALT was 205 and my AST was 137. Prior liver tests before my gallbladder issue have been fine. I did take Tylenol and Advil before and after my surgery as recommended by my provider. I have had several CT scans with contrast and a recent ultrasound that aside from the gallbladder issue were normal. I also tested negative for hepatitis and had no alcohol since this gallbladder issue started. Has anyone else experienced elevated liver enzymes before and after gallbladder removal?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.