Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 54 and i have been battling alcholism for many years. I first tried to get sober in 2011 in an attempt to save my marriage. In the long run it did not workout. long story short I have been in 10 rehabs and countless detox. During my divorce I was drinking a half gallon of vodka a day and i would never have hangovers. i finally stayed sober for 8 months in 2020 and 2021. I went on a 8 day binge in 2021 ended up in the ER vommting blood. i had 4 blood transfusions and i was told I was close to death. The doctors told me that I have stage 4 cirrhois with esophageal varrices. I wasnt sure what that was so i had no big concern for that, I have had for upper scopes, 1st- 6 bands, 2nd- 4 bands 3rd- 2 bands and the 4th- 0 bands. They are also doing blood work for MELD- measurement of end liver disease. the score ranges from 6-40 and my first score was 11 and 15-17 they put you on transplant list. I have been a basket case the last year and half, i have two kids my daughter is 11 and i am so scared I will not live long enough to see her graduate high school. Any help or positive feed back would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.