15 mg mirtazapine effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I was hoping someone could give me some advice as i have just started mirtazapine. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression. Today is my 6th day and wondering if this is the right medication for me. Is it common to wake up verry sedated almost the feeling as tho one is "buzzed"? It also makes me sleep about 10 hrs a night and its verry difficult to wake up the next morning. I also get tense headaches that seem to come more at night. Aside from the mention side effects no change has accured to mood,anxiety, or energy(depression). In fact I feel that this medication is making me less motivated. Any inputs from past experiences? I forgot to mention i am on 15 mg. Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jose, 

That’s normal for the first 2 weeks foggy brain, but keep going you will get better soon; it’s really nice medication.

Plan your day go for a walk, stay positive, the thing why you sleep much is because anxiety makes your brain tired; it is trying to get back on track.

I hope it helps.

Lot of love.

Maritza 

• Posted

Sorry maritza but in my and many other peoples opinion it is not a nice medication. Jose, I would suggest that you speak to your Doctor as once you stop taking it you will be back top normal.

yes you will feel like a Zombie and no doubt put on weight which can be bad for you

• Posted

It will get better the tired feelings will go away. wht else do you take. Is this your first anti depressant?They take a while to work.2-6 weeks.Try to think positive.been there. Still am.
  • Posted

Hello I to am on Mirt and I feel hungover the next morning I have been on it for 3 weeks and get mind grains more often my doctor told me it is a side effect but it will lessen as time goes on I notice no improvement in my anxiety and my mood   Getting hungry is a big thing with this medication drink lots of liquids cause is can dehydrate you as well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.