15 months of Chronic Testicular pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i am 20 years old and have been suffering from teaticle pain for about 15 months, i cant come to the conclusion i very well might be neuropathy nurve pain, i have been pescribed a medication that deals with neuropathy pain, like a nurve block, but it doesnt work so far, i have seen countless doctors and a urologist which told me theres nothing he can do for me. I have tried everything to make this pain go away but nothing works, it is allso possiblr it coupld be Chronic Pelvic Floor Syndrome. Or maybe even be cause from anxiety. But im really not sure and im suffering from this every single day, if anyone can help it would be much apreciated

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rory - sorry to hear about the ongoing issue. It looks by some of your other posts that you had a varicocelectomy performed is that right? Do you think the pain is from the op or is it the same pain you were experiencing before the op? Was the surgery microsurgical, laparoscopic or an embolisation? Are you able to describe the pain: dull, sharp, electric shocks, heavy/dragging?

• Posted

Hey i replied to your post before i saw your comment, but anyways as you know i did have the microsergical operation, and the pain is same as before, the operation didnt make it any worse or anything, it just didnt work. 

Now ro describe my pain, it feels like a random throb that comes out of nowhere. RANDOMLY  but somtimes its a constant ache that lasts for a few minutes i find its worse in the morning and in the aftersoon. Are you having pain aswell?

• Posted

Hey Rory - i also just replied to your post. I'm happy to hear the op didnt make things worse though sorry it didnt improve things.

I do have some teste pain, have for years, i developed my varicocele when i was 12. Pain used to be debilitating for short random periods when it came on but this eventually faded in my teens. I didn't know any better so just worked through it. I just have these manageable bouts now and kind of heaviness. I eventually had an embolisation performed to help with fertility. It got rid of the varicocele for about a week, alomg with the teste heaviness though it returned. I also have bad symptoms post the embolisation itself which are more concerning than just the varicocele.

Have you tried any other therapies or suppliments like accupuncture, msm or magnesium. Some guys have had luck with these. I use msm to help manage pain I've been experiencing post the embolisation and it's helpful.

Have you also had a follow up ultrasound to check flow in both the teste and gonadal vein in the abdomen? May help with identifying the problem.

• Posted

Hey Roger - Yes i have had a follow up ultrasound and everything was normal, even got hik to check my reinal vein. 

One thing i might add is that my urologist said that a varicocele doesnt effect fertility, and he said that embolisation is a much riskyer procedure. Ill reply to your post on here, i herd that magniseum can help aswell and iv been taking some but no changes so far. I just picked up some multivitimin pills from the chemist today with vitimin D and vitimin A to see if that will help.

Can i ask how old you are ?and how do you cope with this pain ? Because it seems like youve had it alot longer than me. And how would you describe your pain ? And what sort of symptoms have you have after your surgery ?

Also what is your lifestyle like do you smoke ? Are u healthy ? Or over/underweight ?  

• Posted

Glad to hear everything normal. Did they also check the gonadal vein in your ultrasound? If so did it show blood still flowing through it or has it effectively closed off?  I'm heading for a follow up ultrasound this week to check the kidney and renal vein too. 

When you say everything was normal does that mean the varicocele is no longer present? Mine came back though is smaller than it was. 

Your urologist sounds like a smart guy. Mine gave me the opposite advice. There is some anecdotal evidence of it improving fertility but I agree, it's a stab in the dark. 

I'm 30, before the embolisation was very fit and healthy. Don't smoke, eat well, used to exercise frequently, healthy range on the BMI, blood pressure spot on, no genetic illness, nada. They couldn't explain the infertility at all. Only thing was the varicocele. Hence the treatment. I just got the wrong type of treatment. 

Since the embolisation I've had chronic left flank, back and abdomen pain. About a 3 to 4 out of ten but constant for 6 months now. Also changed bowel habits, rashes, mental fogginess you name it really. Been a pretty s****y experience. I found out some of my coils are made of nickel and I reckon there's a fair chance I'm allergic to it. At least that's what I'm hoping and they haven't damaged anything structurally in my venous system. It's a crazy procedure. I didn't read up on it enough. 

On the teste pain, it really didn't bother me that much after a few years. I just got used to it. I'd actually forgotten about it until the embolisation got rid of the feeling for a couple of weeks. Then when the varicocele reappeared I could feel the difference. But with the other stuff going on it was the least of my concerns. 

One thing that did help when I had the acute bouts of pain was relieving pressure in the abdomen, typically by going to the toilet or stretching. But again these eventually died down. 

I would really give the MSM a go. It's helping me manage the symptoms from the embolisation and has helped with the flow in the testicle as well. The varicocele has become less sever over the past month or so that I've been taking it but I've also been taking magnesium over this time. The MSM tastes bad but if you juice up some oranges and add it in it's much easier to take. 

I've heard of other guys managing pain through yoga and acupuncture. I've also tried a chiro which helped with some of my symptoms. He found my legs weren't engaging as well as they should which can add to abdominal pressure though he thought the embolisation was the likely culprit in knocking things out of alignment.  So wouldn't explain things beforehand. 

How bad would you rate your pain? When I had my random bad bouts in my teens it was like my balls were dying (evidently they probably were). The heavy dragging feeling was more like a 1 to 2 out of ten and felt ok / wouldn't stop me from doing anything. 

• Posted

My follow up ultrasound just came back normal, and i would rate my pain about a 2 or 3, also been to a cyropractor and acupunchurist which hasnt really helped 

And whats the MSM ?

• Posted

Hi Rory,

Same here . Does ur pain is consistent throughout day?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.