15 Months Post TKR

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hello

Just wondered if anyone was still on the forum at 15 months post left tkr?

If so, is it just me or does anyone else's knee still feel like a lump of concrete and like the knee cap it is constantly being lifted out - am worn out by out it all. My life is still ruled by my knee; I am 50. I am not suffering from pain in knee but it is painful and a constant.

Was referred to a new physio two months ago who said one leg was definitely longer than the other which is causing my back, right knee and ankle pain and the muscles running the length of the front of my left knee are still too tight despite doing physio from day one until now! Am waiting for an appointment with Orthotics for a shoe insert.

Any suggestions to help my knee feel more normal are welcome, please.

Thanks, Tracey

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

12 Months out for me I'm still experiencing pain swelling cracking and some aches during the day. Is this normal can some one let me know...Thanks in advance..

• Posted

I'm 13 months post tkr.

mine is perfectly normal except when I stand from sitting. it takes me about a few seconds to walk and about 8 steps to function normally. Has this happened to you and if so any suggestions.

• Posted

im 56 and had my TKR April of last year, still feels like concrete, hurts when i walk and can only walk short distances! so frustrating! wish id never had it done, i wad doing better before the surgery!! doesnt look like its going to get any better, if i go shopping, which i loved, i have to go in a wheelchair! now the doctor is saying i need back surgery! scared to death ill be alot worse! i hope you feel better but i cant even sleep in a bed, ive been in my recliner since i came home after surgery! what a life!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.