15 stones in one month, please help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have lost all quality of life because of these stones, I constantly am in pain, doctors aren't helping with pain, nobody understands the pain I've been in for 10 years.

Please let me know that you understand, or are there.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

OK I am here and I understand.

What I don't quite understand though is how you can have had these stones for 10 years.

That does seem an awfully long time.

I had stones all last year and multiplying that by 10 is unimaginable.

I had kidney stones that I had removed by PCNL in December last year having suffered all year with them and being referred to 4 consultant urologists until one of them agreed to operate.

I was a complicated case because I was born with horseshoe kidneys (they are joined together) and the stones were in a very awkward place so no one wanted to operate.

Glad to say the urologist at Southmead in Bristol removed all the stones.

I have a follow up appointment with him next month.

Hope you manage to get the help you need sooner rather than later.

Have you actually seen a urologist yet and if so what did they say?

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

When the doctors do x rays they see the stones, many in my kidney, just waiting to pass. Doctor told me that a person can live their whole life and not pass one, or a person like myself continues to make them, then I pass them. One of my recent experiences is 15 in one month, averaging one about every other day.
    • Posted

I did not know stones could develop that quickly.

About 6 or 8 weeks after they removed mine I was feeling unwell went to GP and he said he thought stones were coming back. I thought surely not that quickly.

Fortunately I am OK now and do not think they have come back.

I have appointment with consultant at end of May as a follow up.

This was supposed to be at beginning  of March when we had all that snow so I could not get to

Bristol.

Hope you manage to get some treatment.

Drink plenty of water and Robinson's Lemon Barley Water is good for kidney stones.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

I notice you have posted again.

Sorry you are still having problems.

You need to get on to urologist and get them to put you on the list to have these stones removed.

Sorry but that is the only way you are going to get rid of them.

You have to keep on at them all the time, I had to.

Sarah

• Posted

I am so sorry William. That sounds awful! Could you please elaborate a little bit and walk us through your story? Did you pass 15 stones in 1 month? Are you on any pain medications? What have the doctors told you? Just want to understand your situation, so that maybe someone on here can help....
    • Posted

Yes 15 kidney stones in one month, the doctor told me to take 2 anti inflammatory and there was little else I could do. I was insulted when I went to the doctor again with the 15 stones I caught with the strainer to have him not even open the container they were in.

When the tests came back they said they were potassium stones, and there is nothing I can do.

They gave me no medication at all.

Since I have been regularly suffering for about 12 years now, I have become almost a recluse, that's the only way I can survive.

• Posted

I refuse to believe that there is nothing that can be done to help you. I must say, I have never heard of a "potassium stone". Have you changed your diet at all in the last 12 years to help reduce the chances? Did you up your water intake? In any case, I don't understand why they haven't given you some prescription pain killers. Do you ever get nauseous because of the pain? I think you need to see a new doctor. A urologist would be the best. That is way too long to suffer ongoing!

• Posted

Because of the drug problem they are very careful in what they give me.

A doctor once told me that kidney stones is one of the most overlooked, ignored condition by doctors. It also is overlooked by the patients as well, I'm trying to get some help, since I don't have any insurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.