Skip to content

Kidney Stones

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• pat43793 pat43793

Lower pole kidney stone

I have a lower pole kidney stone. I've been under anesthesia to have it removed 3 times and the Doctor has never been able to find it. The first 2 times He was going to do ureteroscopy and lithotripsy and couldn't see it. The last time he did ESWL and said my colon was in the way. I've had...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PCNL Surgery...Any advice greatly recieved.

I am due to go in for this op shortly for 19mm(prob bigger now)stone. I have had other surgery for stones but never this. Obviously i know what they are going to do and that its far more invasive than other methods. Have read so much conflicting advise about how long in hospital/recovery time/pain management....

Last reply
  • Kidney Stones/Blood in Urine

Hello, how long is it normal to have blood in your urine with a kidney stone? I was diagnosed this week. Not sure if it has passed yet. I continue to have red wine like urine every time I pee with some menstrual like pain. I had a full hysterectomy 4 years ago so no parts to cause this I think. I have...

Last reply
  • Kidney stone and Ovarian Cyst

I wanted to see if I could get some input. I do have an appointment tomorrow with my urologist and Wednesday for a pelvic ultrasound. My issues started at the beginning of April, when I was misdiagnosed in the ER with a UTI. Later found out that I had my first kidney stone, 4mm in the ureter and a 2mm...

Last reply
  • Had my PCNL done - nightmare

My PCNL procedure is over and it was a horror show. The best thing I can say about it is that it’s over. The doc does not yet have a stone report so I don’t know what I’m supposed to avoid. I am so envious of people who had no pain. Mine was excruciating beginning with the guide wire procedure that precedes...

Last reply
  • Lower pole kidney stone

I have a lower pole kidney stone. I've been under anesthesia to have it removed 3 times and the Doctor has never been able to find it. The first 2 times He was going to do ureteroscopy and lithotripsy and couldn't see it. The last time he did ESWL and said my colon was in the way. I've had...

Posted
  • Bleeding from kidney stones

I went to the ER on 11/20/16 when I woke up and saw blood in my urine. They gave me a CT scan and saw multiple 4mm stones in the lower poles of both kidneys. They said that they didn't see any stones passing at the time. I did experience pain in my left side while I was there, but that only lasted...

Last reply
  • Severe pain due to kidney stent

Id be grateful for some advice please. I have had a JJ stent in place for the last 3 weeks after an operation for stone fragmentation failed due to a narrowing of the tube near to the stone. I was due to go back in to have the procedure done again today.. but the surgery has been cancelled. During the...

Last reply
  • Having PCNL surgery done - need recovery info

im having pcnl surgery for staghorn 20mm and would like some info re how difficult is recovery. I’m a senior 60s living alone and will be sent home after one night in hospital. I know about no lifting but is it hard to walk? Were you able to sleep comfortably with bag? I’ll only have bag for one week...

Last reply
  • Stents after Ureteroscopy

Hi everyone  I’m due to have a Ureteroscopy on Tuesday and having a stent put in for draining of  a 10mm kidney stone after they lazer it, they missed it in a scan 9 years ago. Then back at a later date for removal but unsure when. I’m dreading the stent am panicking like mad. I have a low...

Last reply
  • Leaving 4mm Kidney Stone Untreated - Safe?

Hello - I have a 4 mm stone stuck in mid ureter for 10+ weeks.  Previously have passed 4 mm stones and smaller. This time around has been different. Never had the acute sharp pain. Instead it has been a dull pain, mild to moderate.  No sign of infection, no sign of urine obstruction, creatinine...

Last reply
  • Just had stones lazered and a jj fited

On Thursday they successful lazered my biggest stones and a few small ones, it was a much better outcome then expected, they fitted a stent which will be removed in 2 weeks fortunately with having a stent twice before I know what meds to take to take the horrid pain away, my gp was very concerned and...

Last reply
  • 78 yo husband, diagnosed with kidney stones

Worried about my husband, diagnosed with kidney stones in ER last Monday, sent home with antibiodics and pain meds.  He started passing what I think are stones on Tuesday, lots of sandy stuff, still passing today. Looks like the size of pepper.  Loss of appetite, vomiting after eating, pain...

Last reply
  • Kidney stents, with bloody discharge

I had stent put in 2 days ago 29/5/18. I was was having endometriosis removed and ureter was nicked during surgery and emergency stent was put in place. I have a lot of flank pain. But what is worrying me most  is the discharge that’s coming from my urethra. It’s quite heavy, bright red blood approx...

Last reply
  • Non obstruction kidney stone pain

Help! I've been having severe pain on and off for a couple of years. Each time, I'm told I have kidney stones in each kidney, but they should not be causing the pain because they are non obstructing.  Has anyone else had this issue? I'm starting to feel crazy. 

Last reply
  • Upcoming kidney stone removal

i I am new to this and I am Looking for some ease of mind.  I am a 36 year old mother of 4 children.  And after my last baby 18 months ago I have Had on going urinary issues.  I began To get petrified I had a tumor that they couldn’t find.  Anyway, I have Had urinate issues with every...

Last reply
  • A possible kidney stone solution

I had my first kidney stone at the age of 34,  1 cm stone that was surgically removed and stent put in for a week. For year she now I have taken magnesium citrate and no symptoms since (I am now 39). In December I had an ultrasound of my lower body for a ruptured ovarian cyst and low and behold...

Last reply
  • 3mm kidney stone

Hi. Ladt Friday morning I woke up in agony. I was sick and ended up in a and e. I had full bloods ultrasound and a ct scan. They found a 3mm kidney stone. By mid afternoon the pain vanished. They have given me meds to make my tubes wider. It's now been 3 days with no pain. What's happening? Have...

Last reply
  • Kidney stone pain

I have RTA with multiple stones throughout both kidneys. No stones in ureter or bladder. Recently had ureterscopy that removed all stones not in kidney tissue. I continue to have pain & doctors will not prescribe pain meds.

Last reply
  • Possible kidney stone

So for the past 2-3 days I’ve had a constant pain on my left side sometimes in my back. It gets worse when lay down and if I lift my hands above and behind my head. I’m not sure if it’s a pulled muscle or kidney stone or possibly from constipation since I hadn’t been using the bathroom regularly. I don’t...

Last reply
  • Kidney stone 2 months ago and still experiencing pain

I am a 22 y/o male and I had a 5mm kidney stone about 2 months ago. This is my second stone in a year and this particular stone has been extremely harsh on my health. I passed my stone a few weeks ago but I have still been experiencing pain in my flank. I went to urgent care last week and the doctor...

Last reply
  • Water, water, more water...

My crushed large stone is finally starting to pass. Without the strainer, I wouldn’t know. I’m not a big fan of water, but I have to say that it has helped. Also, someone in a kidney stone blog mentioned using some ibuprohen or naproxen to cut down any swelling in or near the stent. That has helped immensely,...

Last reply
  • Stent in kidney stone removal..

Hi all,  Just had a 1.1 cm kidney stone removed and a stent put in. I am having extreme cramping/throbbing. Any tips? Urologist is coming in tomorrow morning. Also, I’m a teacher on my feet ( p.e.) all day. When should I return to work?? Cannot imagine teaching like this all day. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Had Lithotripsy -havent passed stones!

So...I had the Lithotripsy 2 days ago for an 8 mm stone. I've been straining my urine but all I've passed were 2 tiny tiny pieces that looked like sand but were hard like stone. I'm drinking plenty, but wondering where all the little pieces are!? Is this common?

Last reply
  • Woke up at 4 this morning

The pain woke me up, dull pain in my lower back, stabbing pain that comes in waves in my stomach area. The pain makes me very irritable and difficult to do anything. All I can do us pace while my hand holds my left side. I'm so sick of this!

Last reply
  • pain after lithotripsy

i have to undergo a lithotripsy session on 25 april 2018. i have 10mm right ureter stone with a lot of pain. all lithotripsy procedure is fine with no paim. after 2nd day of lithotripsy i feel horrible pain below my belly button. it worsen when i lie down. and somewhat bearable when standing. i have...

Last reply
  • 15 stones in one month, please help me

I have lost all quality of life because of these stones, I constantly am in pain, doctors aren't helping with pain, nobody understands the pain I've been in for 10 years. Please let me know that you understand, or are there.

Last reply
  • Surgery to prevent stones?

Without going into all the details, I have been having stones constantly for years and I can't take it anymore. I've done all the possible tests and there isn't really any apparent reason I make stones according to urologists; I just do. I've had a ureteroscopy when they get too big....

Last reply
  • Stent for 6 weeks to lazer my stones!

Hi, this is my 2nd stent to lazer my stones in my right kidney, they couldn't get the lazer tube up So the stent needs to be in for 6 week, is it worth it? The lazering after does it make the pain worse my surgeon even didn't seem confident!.. I am so uncomfortable can't even stand for long...

Last reply
  • PCNL

Hi I'm having PCNL on 5th April for a very large stone in bottom of left kidney. Feeling very anxious about the operation and wondered how recovery is . I'm 64 yrs old never had a kidney stone before . Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Last reply
  • Right middle third uretet stone of 10mm

I have lower right abdominal pain for last 2 months. CT scan shows a 10mm ureter stone. a urologist ask me to this stone should be removed and I had to admit in hospital. I hear this hospital has no lithotripsy my question is which methods are used for stone removal what is the recovery time in hospital...

Last reply
  • Kidney stones?

I had Lower back, lower abdominal pain, and groin pain all on the left side. No pain on the right side. I experienced this all last week. My mom was pretty convinced it was kidney stones because my pee had what looked like sand it it. I'm feeling better but still sore in my groin area. And today...

Last reply
  • 4mm stone. pressure in bladder, weak stream

Hi all. I was diagnosed with a 4mm stone 3 weeks ago when I went to the ER with horrible pain on the right side of my waist line ( had a CT scan done . This is my first stone. The doctor said that the stone is a few centimeters from entering the bladder. I was sent home with some pain killers...

Last reply
  • Bladder irritation during/after kidney stone passing?

I was in the emergency room last Sunday with a kidney stone -- 4mm --  at the time the doc said it was 2 inches away from entering the bladder.  It was very painful while the stone had passed through the ureter which is why I finally went in and  for the week before I'd had painful...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.