Skip to content

Kidney Stones

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Stone removal after stone removal

According to my CT scan, I have a roughly 10-11 mm stone in each kidney. I am set for an operation on the 6th of September. Whatever the pain involved or the stent, I need to get rid of those buggers, so my question is: How much time is recommended to wait between operations (Ureteroscopies). 

Last reply
  • ESWL

I have had a 9 mm kidney  stone for a couple of years but has started to cause a bit of pain recently. They have referred me for shock wave lithotripsy. I need advice please from anyone that has experienced this treatment. I am having my first session on the Wednesday then flying off on our …

Last reply
  • 6mm kidney stone

My hubby has been in severe pain for about 12 days now.  It reached the point in the middle of Wednesday night where I called the paramedics who took him straight to A&E.  They controlled the pain with a suppository and carried out a CT scan which revealed a 6mm stone stuck in the …

Last reply
  • Pain after passing 6mm kidney stone

After a month long struggle I finally passed a 6mm kidney stone.  I was scheduled for surgery but was able to cancel since I passed it just prior to my surgery date.  What is odd this time around is that I am still having some discomfort after passing the stone.  I have never had any …

Last reply
  • Post surgery

I had a lower pole stone lasered ( ureteroscopic lithotriosy with laser) 15 days ago on a day surgery, I was re-admitted to hospital with an infection the next day and on release still had a catheter and stent. I am now on my third round of antibiotics and the slightest exertion and I am passing …

Last reply
  • My urologist is at a loss

I’m a 5’4” 128 lb 41 year old mom who’s had kidney stones since I was 18. Otherwise, I’m very healthy and active. I’ve had lithotripsy twice and my most recent CT scan showed I have over 20 stones in each kidney. One side has a 10mm and another side has a 6mm. We’ve been only doing X-rays over the …

Last reply
  • My recent Kidney stone "Surgery" and hopeful resolution

Thought I would share my story for those who might be in the same boat, and sorry if this is a tad long. I have had stones off and on since I was a teenager, usually several years between them. When I hit 40 I started getting them more regular and now at 46 I was getting one every month. Most of …

Last reply
  • 3mm stone - stuck for nearly a year! Please help

Hi I'm looking for some advice please! I have a 3mm kidney stone in my right kidney. I've had stones before and they have passed, but this one seems very persistent. I've had it a couple of years, however it started as a 5mm stone, had lithertripsy and it is now 3mm. My consultant …

Last reply
  • Kidney stone pain in back

Please can anyone describe the pain of kidney stones in the back I have painot in my lover back that gripes like a contraction I can't make up my mind if it's muscular other a kidney stone help please

Last reply
  • 7MM LOWER POLE RIGHT KIDNEY STONE

I went for  ureteroscopy twice and eswl once for the same stone. The Doctor can not see it. I switched urologist and this one said it's probable buried in the meat of the kidney and he wouldn't operate on me. About once a month I have right side like labor pains in my rt flank, The …

Last reply
  • Kidney pain relief after lasering and stent pain

Hello. I just wanted to tell of my own experience. After laser procedure for kidney stone removal I found that this time I was in a lot of pain. The hospital gave me morphine and paracetamol but that didn't even touch the agony I was in. They then suggested Voltarol suppositories. (Diclofenac …

Last reply
  • Suffering with urethral stent

I had kidney stone surgery and stent placed 4 days ago. The pain is excruciating. Going to the bathroom is pure torture and nothing relieves the urgency . Urinating makes it feel as though someone is kicking you in the kidneys. I get the stent out Thursday but now I hear that the pain lingers …

Last reply
  • Kidney Stent

This is a warning to anybody undergoing a procedure to insert a kidney stent. As with most, I looked online and read some of the horrific reviews of pain and side effects. I naively assumed this was not the ‘norm’ and I would be ok. The pain is unbearable. The worst I have ever encountered. In …

Last reply
  • First Kidney Stone! Help.

Hello all it started with minimal pain last wednesday but by Saturday morning I felt like i was dying. Excruciating pain on the left side flank, back, to abdomen. Decided to go to the ER on Sunday where they gave me a shot in the but to calm the pain. Had a ct scan done and the results were a 5mm …

Last reply
  • Pain Management for Chronic Kidney Stones

Hi Folks, I am curious to know what you all use for pain management when dealing with stones?  I have been passing stones now every month and a half.  While I know others have it much worse I am still frustrated by constantly being in pain.  My condition has gone from the occasional …

Last reply
  • Surgery pcnl

I wanted to update.   I had my surgery last Tuesday.   Turns out it may have been a small stone but was mostly 4 cm of mucous and bacteria.   In OR 3 hrs.  Had mild sepsis which responded to fluids.  The surgery itself was not bad.  I used pain meds the first 8 hrs …

Last reply
  • Urocit-K (Potassium Citrate) Effect on Urine Color?

I'm taking Urocit-K again after many years of being off of it. I luckily went through nearly a decade of not having stones, but started having them again within the last five years. My urologist put me back on Urocit-K this past December after my last stone was surgically removed.  I am …

Last reply
  • Kidney Stone Questions

I think I have my first kidney stone.  After major discomfort and visits to 3 different doctors including the ER I finally found a new primary care who thinks I have a kidney stone.  I started flomax last Friday while I wait for a CT scan to confirm. I had a few weeks of discomfort and …

Last reply
  • A possible kidney stone solution

I had my first kidney stone at the age of 34,  1 cm stone that was surgically removed and stent put in for a week. For year she now I have taken magnesium citrate and no symptoms since (I am now 39). In December I had an ultrasound of my lower body for a ruptured ovarian cyst and low and …

Last reply
  • My ureatic stent is making me a recluse! Can anybody help???!!

Hi there folks, I’m pouring out my heart to you guys tonight,just incase anyone has any ideas or answers.i’ll give you the short version. I’m a 42 year old woman who has had 12 hard tiring freight full years on haemodialysis. Then 5 years ago, god answered my prayers and I recieved a kidney …

Last reply
  • Severe pain due to kidney stent

Id be grateful for some advice please. I have had a JJ stent in place for the last 3 weeks after an operation for stone fragmentation failed due to a narrowing of the tube near to the stone. I was due to go back in to have the procedure done again today.. but the surgery has been cancelled. During …

Last reply
  • Kidney stent/stone passing

I had ESWL 8 days ago for a 1+cm stone and also got a stent placed. This is my first kidney stone so I’m new to all of this. I have not had pain the last 3 days but today I’m having quite a bit. Is this normal with a stent and the discomfort they cause that I could have some days with pain and some …

Last reply
  • One month with 6mm kidney stone.

Hi there- 6mm stone in my upper ureter. A little over a month ago had to go to the ER. So far not too much pain, i do feel some pressure in my groin area. Trying to pass this stone naturally, ive passed a 5mm stone before without a problem. Anyone have an idea how long these size stones take …

Last reply
  • Kidney stone spanning over 3 months

Mid April I experienced pain equivalent to being kicked in the testis. The pain lasted several hours so I made a doctors appointment. He said it was a UTI and gave antibiotics.  3 weeks later I have recurring symptoms so I go back. He gives a prostate exam and then schedules me for a CT and …

Last reply
  • I’m back after several treatments, but my symptoms remain

My symptoms started with my first kidney stone April 2nd, which was misdiagnosed in ER as a UTI. No more symptoms at all until April 26th, which was discovered I had a 4 mm stone. Urologist decided to do a uteroscopy, although I told her that the pain was better, I just had burning urination and …

Last reply
  • Multiple stones

M a 44 year old who has had 10 previous laser lithotripsy over last 15 years. Currently have 7mm and 8 mm stones in right kidney and over a dozen smaller stones. I develop acidic stones. Take allopurinol and pitas citrate. I try to stay hydrated and ph neutral. What else??!!

Last reply
  • Stent causing excruciating pain after Kidney Stone removed

Hi all. I’m a 26 y/o female from Ohio. I just got out of the hospital today. I had a UTI and a Kidney Stone. They performed surgery to remove the stone and placed a stent that will need to be removed by them in a week. However, I am in the worst pain and discomfort of my life. The stent itself is …

Last reply
  • Kidney stones

Hi all.... i have stones in both kidneys from last 2 years .... i have visited doctor took medicines but its still in there ...... any one help ... stones are 0.4 CM large....

Last reply
  • How quickly can kidney stones come back?,.

I am recently through a procedure to remove a debris field of kidney stones. Had my stent out 10 days ago, but slowly but surely the same pain I had with the stones is returning (pain near belly button, hip, upper leg). Can stones really return so quickly?

Last reply
  • Pregnant with nephrostomy tube help!

Hey there, So I’m 26 weeks pregnant just had a nephrostomy tube put in, my kidneys were failing I have an 8mm kidney stone stuck in my right ureter has anyone else been through this? It’s day 3 of this tube it hurts, I’m annoyed and upset, I have barely moved out of bed for days I’m scared of …

Last reply
  • PCNL Surgery...Any advice greatly recieved.

I am due to go in for this op shortly for 19mm(prob bigger now)stone. I have had other surgery for stones but never this. Obviously i know what they are going to do and that its far more invasive than other methods. Have read so much conflicting advise about how long in hospital/recovery time/pain …

Last reply
  • Swelling

I had the PCNL tube removed today. Now it's swollen around the area. Is this normal 

Last reply
  • Chanca Piedra, does it work?

Does anyone have experience using this herb to prevent stones and/or make current ones easier to pass? I'm reading mixed reviews and wondering if it's just snake oil? The people reviewing it on Amazon mostly rave about it, which makes me wonder if the sellers have anything to do with the …

Last reply
  • Terrified to get a kidney stone attack on vacation

I've passed about 6 stones in the past few months... I'm due to go on vacation this weekend to a very remote location (away from my doctors, a hospital, etc) and as silly as this sounds I am petrified to go, for the sole reason of potentially getting a kidney stone. Does anyone have any …

Last reply
  • getting ready for a pcnl..recovery time?

After many lithos and very bad kidney infections,and a stint in for 6 months..I am going to get a pcnl. They are doing in in 2 stages..first the tube placement and then a few days later (for some reason still unclear ) the surgery and the 2-4 day hospital stay. After reading the boards, I found a …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.