Skip to content
Ad

Kidney Stones

All discussions in this group

Next
  • getting ready for a pcnl..recovery time?

After many lithos and very bad kidney infections,and a stint in for 6 months..I am going to get a pcnl. They are doing in in 2 stages..first the tube placement and then a few days later (for some reason still unclear ) the surgery and the 2-4 day hospital stay. After reading the boards, I found a lot...

Last reply
  • Blue balls???

I'm pretty certain I've got blue balls but it emits very similar pain to kidney stones. My lower back is hurting too and dr google told me to go to a doctor if they is the case. Also read that these two symptoms together could be the start of testicular cancer. I have health anxiety too which...

Last reply
  • Kidney stones

I've bee dealing with kidney pain for 5 days, I'm pretty sure it's a stone. I'm no stranger to stones. 10 yrs ago I was admitted to hospital with a stone stuck in my ureter. I've never felt pain like this in my life. I'm almost certain I'm dealing with same issue. At the...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like kidney stones

Hello I'm hoping someone can help in some way as into if what I'm feeling sounds like kidney stones. I got a kidneyinfection 4 -5weeks to what I believe was caused by over exercising and not drinking enough fluid to support this. After antibiotics I still had flank pain after discussing with...

Last reply
  • Baking Soda Anyone?

Since I cant take Flomax, my urologist has suggested that I add 1 Tablespoon of baking soda to water or lemonade 2x daily and drink it down. Supposed to break up the kidney stone and make it easier to pass. Have any of you ever heard of this/tried this?

Last reply
  • Potential kidney stone; pain increasing

Hi. I'm not new to the torture of kidney stones but I'm starting to feel like it's all in my head this round. A little over a month ago I went to urgent care after the classic onset of excruciating back pain, lower rt abdominal pain and vomiting. Due to my crappy insurance and the large number...

Last reply
  • Can't empty bladder

I have some new stones formed, but my urologist and I agreed to wait for imaging if they don't pass. But I've been noticing that I cannot empty my bladder all the. I can stand up and try again and more and more pee comes in little bursts. I plan on  discussing this with my urologist, but...

Last reply
  • Stomach pain.

I have been getting quite a bit of stomach pain lately. I know i have a large kidney stone and am seeing a urologist next month. Just wondering if the stomach pain is related to the kidney stone. I don't find the GP surgery very helpful, it is extremely difficult to get an appointment, you have to...

Last reply
  • kidney stones

I have a 7mm stone at the bottom of my tube and I'm due to fly out to Turkey for my holiday Inn days time and my doctor says I shouldn't fly as the pressure could move the stone and get blocked and that is too dangerous I'm so upset as been lookingredients forward to going for so long as...

Last reply
  • Need stone gone ASAP

6 days ago I had a ct scan and it showed that my 7mm stone was at the bottom of urethra im desperate to pass this in a couple of days as want to go away any suggestions alook I'm not in any pain

Last reply
  • Kidney pain relief after lasering and stent pain

Hello. I just wanted to tell of my own experience. After laser procedure for kidney stone removal I found that this time I was in a lot of pain. The hospital gave me morphine and paracetamol but that didn't even touch the agony I was in. They then suggested Voltarol suppositories. (Diclofenac Sodium)...

Last reply
  • Kidney Stones ~ Helpful Tips

Bilateral nephrolithiasis  means to have stones in both kidneys.  I had stones in 2006.  My stones returned in 2016 and after several surgeries, and passing too many stones to count, they keep coming back.  So yes, I'm a stoner   I pass stones at least once a...

Last reply
  • suspected kidney stones: need advice

hello , im not sure anyone can help but here goes. we are due to travel to usa in 2 days and my partner has been diagnosed with suspected kidney stones and cant get travel insurance. 7 days ago she passed blood in her urine but didnt experiance any pain . She has no discomfort since this happened. She...

Last reply
  • What's good for pain?

I'm hoping that the stone in my kidney never passes, but want to be prepared if it does. Dr. gave me Flomax, which will hopefully help it pass more easily, but when I look up various pain pills I can't find a thing that's compatible with the Flomax!

Last reply
  • Venting about my kidney stone experience

Hello everyone, I've had one crappy ordeal with kidney stones and need to talk about it as it's really getting me down. Over three years ago I started having a stabbing pain in my left side just under my ribs. I ignored it for a while as it was more uncomfortable than anything, but soon became...

Last reply
  • Kidney pain after Cystoscopy/Cystodistention

Almost a year ago I discovered I had a 7.4mm kidney stone. I was advised by the treating Dr that people live with kidney stones for years so I shouldn't worry. A month or so later I had a new Dr who referred me to a urologist. After an ultrasound the urologist recommended that I return in 3 months...

Last reply
  • Feeling like a ticking time bomb!

CT scan shows a small kidney stone in upper pole of right kidney. Urine shows calcium oxalate crystals. No symptoms. I feel like a ticking time bomb waiting for that kidney stone to pass. Comments will be greatly appreciated!

Last reply
  • Bad stitch up both sides.

Earlier this year I had a double blockage caused by a stone in each side with 3 mire in my kidneys and had a double stents. Long story short i still have three in the lower poles. A 7mm in the one and 2 smaller ones in the other. They have Decided to leave them in for a year . I suffer constant severe...

Last reply
  • Feeling continuously sick with a kidney stone, is this normal?

I was told on September 1st of this year I have a kidney stone. (Started at 6.4mm and went up to 7mm) since being diagnosed, I've suffered regularly with cramping sensations in my lower abdomen and have been feeling sick almost daily, to the point where I easily throw up and usually can't eat...

Last reply
  • No pain passing stone??

Just wanted to share what I've tried to help me get through my last 2 stones. The past 2 times. I've bypassed the excruciating pain and the stone went straight to my bladder. I started to feel a lot of pressure like if i have a UTI, as soon as i feel this i take a Flomax and a Macrobid pill....

Last reply
  • Kidney pain after Cystoscopy/Cystodistention

Almost a year ago I discovered I had a 7.4mm kidney stone. I was advised by the treating Dr that people live with kidney stones for years so I shouldn't worry. A month or so later I had a new Dr who referred me to a urologist. After an ultrasound the urologist recommended that I return in 3 months...

Last reply
  • Can it really be mind over matter?

I terrified about having a 1mm stone in my upper kidney. Dr says it may just stay there and not come out, but gave me Flomax to take at the first sign of pain, should it move. I have 3 travel dates coming up and thinking now that I'd better cancel them. Dr.tried telling me that if it does start passing,...

Last reply
  • 4 1/2 CM kidney stone

i have an enormous staghorn kidney stone and will need PNL surgery sometime later this month. i have read some of the comments on this site and it helps but i am still scared to death. has anyone had a stone this big? (4 1/2CM) two months ago. how long will be before i can drive my car, go back to work?...

Last reply
  • First time kidney stone

Hi, I'm 19 (with no insurance) and for the past 4 days I've been feeling different sorts of abdomen pain, whether it's in the front near my bladder or excruciating pain in my back. Yesterday was the most pain I think I've felt in my life where it was difficult to stand, sit, walk, or...

Last reply
  • PCNL Surgery...Any advice greatly recieved.

I am due to go in for this op shortly for 19mm(prob bigger now)stone. I have had other surgery for stones but never this. Obviously i know what they are going to do and that its far more invasive than other methods. Have read so much conflicting advise about how long in hospital/recovery time/pain management....

Last reply
  • Kidney stone/stent

I just want to add a warning to all those who may be offered a stent , I have a 8mm stone blocking my tube from the left kidney , after visiting the local hospital three times in two months with pain as bad as near passing out they decided to give a scan which revealed the 8mm stone , they then gave...

Last reply
  • 6mm & 7mm Kidney stones

I was recently (2 weeks ago)sent to my local A&E by my GP for suspected appendicitis. I had felt rubbish over the weekend (no energy, feverish, nauseous but not actually sick) and lower tummy pain. After tests it turns out that it's not appendicitis but my Kidney stones have grown. I've...

Last reply
  • side pain after 3month kidney stone removal

Hi I had my kidney stone removed 3 month ago and jj stent removed a week after. Now im having altenate day of lemonade to ensure no recurring stone. My stone was quite big, 6x 7mm approx. On the right kidney. Now my worry is...  im having the  side pain on my right side.. same spot like before...

Last reply
  • I hate my stents

Day 1, post op...double stents... Please tell me this gets better.  My doctor was nice enough to give me 8 stones that he removed from my right kidney.  I hate you kidney stones. I hate you stents. 

Last reply
  • Post op pain from kidney stone op

Hi all. I had a 4mm stone removed via laser last Monday. It just wasn't moving and was causing so much pain. I had a temporary stent in for a week and had it pulled out in Sunday. My post of pain was excruciating I had 3 shots of morphine before it went away. Then on Sunday night the pain again!...

Last reply
  • kidney stone and utis

Please someone HELP! I have as large kidney stone. I saw a urologist in Cheltenham last month. He said it would be very difficult to get to the kidney stone as it is in a very awkward place. However he said he would consult with a colleague in Bristol. The next week I had a phone call from him saying...

Last reply
  • Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease Complication

Hello, I'm hoping to learn more about MSK and possible symptoms. In 2013 I passed 2 stones and was told I had multiple small stones in each kidney. I was instructed to drink more water. Fast forward to 2015 (29 years old) I broke my back when I slipped on my stairs. The compression fracture kept...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.