Skip to content
Ad

Kidney Stones

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Bleeding from kidney stones

I went to the ER on 11/20/16 when I woke up and saw blood in my urine. They gave me a CT scan and saw multiple 4mm stones in the lower poles of both kidneys. They said that they didn't see any stones passing at the time. I did experience pain in my left side while I was there, but that only lasted...

Last reply
  • Please explain these x ray terms!

The report of my recent abdominal x ray states: "Density overlying the upper pole of the left kidney corresponds to the stone seen on the CT scan in August. Multiple pelvic calcifications are present. All appear to be vascular in nature. The only thing my Dr. said was to drink more water in order...

Last reply
  • Bad back

Since having kidney stones last Xmas I suffer with a really bad back? Some days is worse than others is this normal it’s only on one side aswell! Has anyone else had this problem or am I going to be prone to back pain? 

Last reply
  • Stents and blood

Hi there, I’ve suffered on and off with kidney stones for nearly 20 years but this one is proving troublesome and painful. First pain and hospital admission was a month ago and had one operation and stents put in. Stone is over 7mm and in kidney. Have operation booked for 24th to laser stone and remove...

Last reply
  • Blood in Urine Non Visable

I have had blood in my urine for months now.  Checked by urine check at GP. I have had two previous episodes of excruciating pain in my back. (kidneys)  Doctor believes Kidney stones passing...  The blood in my urine is worrying me as I am worried about what it could be.  I am...

Last reply
  • No complete erection from last 2 months what is reason?

What is cause no complete erection . last month i went to hospital & doctor said i have 8 5 9mm kidney stones & suggested medicines.i have used it for one month from now. I have a small swelling backside of testicle & i am not getting erection like before from last 2 months.

Last reply
  • Pain is hell

Have had over 140 stones within 40 years now. Started at age 13. In misery tonight

Last reply
  • Kidney stones? Please help

Hi everyone we are at out wits end!! A year ago in June my husband suffered from low stomach pain which was so severe he couldn't move out bed he told the pain was like a burning pain inside and it made he feel like he needed to wee alot this lasted for about 6 ish hours he ended up at walk in...

Last reply
  • DO NOT AGREE TO STENT REMOVAL UNDER LOCAL ANAESTHETIC

STENT REMOVAL WARNING: DO NOT BELIEVE doctors/nurses who tell you “the procedure is a bit uncomfortable”. It is not uncomfortable – it is AGONY. My husband has just come back after this ‘procedure’. After a supposed anaesthetic injection which did not numb the area at all,  a gel was applied seconds...

Last reply
  • Curious about your blood panel results........

I am wondering about other folks' results of their blood tests during and after kidney stone experiences. My stone experience lasted about 5 weeks and the stone was stuck for much of it. About an hour before the operation to blast the stone, they took blood. Many things were abnormal: protein in...

Posted
  • kidney stone

I hv been depressed for a 3.5cm kidney stone. Can it cure with medicine or operation is compulsory for removing stone from kidney?

Last reply
  • Change in position moves stones?

Has anyone ever experienced if they move a certain way it seems to make their kidney stones start to move? When I bend forward I can feel my stone start moving. It's like it's literally pushing it along by moving that way. Curious if anyone else has had this happen.

Last reply
  • Chest pain after cystoscopy removal of stone and stent.

I had a surgery to remove a kidney stone, and they placed a stent in... the night after the surgery I started feeling short of breath, and was having pain from my pelvis up to my kidney. This pain will be shooting sometimes stabbing pains they removed the stent a week after and I thought the pain would...

Last reply
  • Need drug opinions

Last time I passed a kidney stone I went to the ER and was given Toradol IV. I am preparing to pass a kidney stone again and have a prescription for Hydrocodone. Which would be my best bet? ER with Toradol IV? Or stay at home with the Hydrocodone?

Last reply
  • Kidney Stone HELL

Hi I am a 34 yr old female who first had kidney stones at 19. For the last 4 year I have been admitted to hospital every year with moving or blocking stones. Last month I had an 11ml stone blockage so had a stent fitted, this is my second stent but this one is nothing like the first which was bad enough,...

Last reply
  • My first kidney stone experience.

Sept.28, 2017 4:30pm. I am at a client's house. I just finished staining the front porch and they invite me in for some iced tea( I drank almost no water the whole day). I slug about three 8oz. glasses in about 30 minutes. Get paid. Go home. Wife is making dinner. I am on the phone with my Mom at...

Last reply
  • Kidney pain relief after lasering and stent pain

Hello. I just wanted to tell of my own experience. After laser procedure for kidney stone removal I found that this time I was in a lot of pain. The hospital gave me morphine and paracetamol but that didn't even touch the agony I was in. They then suggested Voltarol suppositories. (Diclofenac Sodium)...

Last reply
  • Kidney stones

I've bee dealing with kidney pain for 5 days, I'm pretty sure it's a stone. I'm no stranger to stones. 10 yrs ago I was admitted to hospital with a stone stuck in my ureter. I've never felt pain like this in my life. I'm almost certain I'm dealing with same issue. At the...

Last reply
  • A month later?

I was admitted to the hospital about a month ago for what I thought were kidney stones that turned out to be a ruptured ovarian cyst. They cleared me for any stones or infections at the time. Now I'm experiencing what I've come to recognize as pretty intense pain in my kidneys. Could this...

Last reply
  • Renal CT scan

Hi there. Can anyone tell me if they inject contrast dye into you when you have a renal ct scan-suspected kidney stones Thanks in advance

Last reply
  • Will these meds be enough?

A CT scan showed a 1 mm kidney stone in the upper pole of my kidney several months ago. I'miss living in fear of its passing and am thinking of cancelling my vacation next week because I am afraid it will pass while I'm flying or on vacation. Dr did give me Zofran and Norco. Would those 2 meds...

Last reply
  • Appointment with consultnt.

Hello. Sorry if this is a bit long but I have an appointment with a Consultant Urologist at Southmead Hospital in Bristol next week and want to make sure that I ask the right questions and make the best use of this appointment. To cut the long story short I was born with horseshoe kidneys. I am 67 next...

Last reply
  • i have a 6mm kidney stone

sir I have a 6mm kidney stone in my right kidney. doctor said me to drink 5 leter of water per day. will it pass in urine sir ? I am vrymch aftaid

Last reply
  • Bleeding from lithotripsy

Hi, I had lithotripsy 2 days ago for a 7.3 mm stone in my right kidney. They obviously got at least a bit of the stone because I have been catching small fragments in my urine and saving them. I have had a lot of blood in my urine which is normal but I have also had a lot of bleeding as well. Like,...

Last reply
  • Lithotripsy and Ureter Stone

Hello, I am new here and want some information about my stone. I was in upper portion of Ureter and was 26mm in size. I took some herbal medicine and it remains 17mm and then herbal treatment stopped working... Then I started lithotripsy. Today I think I faced 35 sessions and pass many small pieces of...

Last reply
  • insight for kidney stone sufferers

Just wanted to possibly help any fellow kidney stone sufferers from my experience. I am a 23 yr old female who is now going through my 4th round of stones. I live more of a sedentary lifestyle, and I am a vegitarian so my diet is based highly on tofu/soy foods. I do not drink much fluids, maybe a or...

Last reply
  • Stones and Urinary lood

So from my understanding, you can have blood in urine, even if the stone(s) are not passing out of the kidney? I’ve had periodic episodes of dark colored urine, had urines tested and the first time had “trace” amount of blood and then a month later, test showed “large” amount. I had stones before, one...

Last reply
  • Can't empty bladder

I have some new stones formed, but my urologist and I agreed to wait for imaging if they don't pass. But I've been noticing that I cannot empty my bladder all the. I can stand up and try again and more and more pee comes in little bursts. I plan on  discussing this with my urologist, but...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with a 3 cm kidney stone and need advice

I had a bad kidney infection and a x ray showed a large kidney stone i have had a ct scan and doctor says it fills most of my kidney and is roughly 3 cm maybe bigger they are talking about key hole surgery to remove it but i have to have a kidney function test im worried it has damaged my kidney i have...

Last reply
  • Utis from bladder sling?

I had a bladder sling put int 1 1/2 ago and hav had multiple utis since.  I already hav kidney stones so those two together don't mix very well, especially when a stone gets stuck. I've been in the hospital and septic with stuck stones two times in the last year. Five days in hospital last...

Last reply
  • Sepsis from a kidney stone!

Hello. I had another kidney stone block my ureter on my left side just after Christmas. I went to the hospital A&E with pain and was sent home to come back for a scan in the morning. Had awful night abs was relieved to be going back to hospital in the morning but by that time I was also throwing...

Last reply
  • PCNL Surgery...Any advice greatly recieved.

I am due to go in for this op shortly for 19mm(prob bigger now)stone. I have had other surgery for stones but never this. Obviously i know what they are going to do and that its far more invasive than other methods. Have read so much conflicting advise about how long in hospital/recovery time/pain management....

Last reply
  • Chronic kidney stones, sediment in urine?

I found out a while ago that I have chronic kidney stones. I've had this pain in my side for 7 years and they finally found out I have kidney stones. Fortunately mine are small so I don't know when I pass them. I do however get awful pains in my side like Im being stabbed. Today I noticed there...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.