Skip to content

Kidney Stones

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Stent for 6 weeks to lazer my stones!

Hi, this is my 2nd stent to lazer my stones in my right kidney, they couldn't get the lazer tube up So the stent needs to be in for 6 week, is it worth it? The lazering after does it make the pain worse my surgeon even didn't seem confident!.. I am so uncomfortable can't even stand for long...

Last reply
  • 15 stones in one month, please help me

I have lost all quality of life because of these stones, I constantly am in pain, doctors aren't helping with pain, nobody understands the pain I've been in for 10 years. Please let me know that you understand, or are there.

Last reply
  • PCNL

Hi I'm having PCNL on 5th April for a very large stone in bottom of left kidney. Feeling very anxious about the operation and wondered how recovery is . I'm 64 yrs old never had a kidney stone before . Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

Last reply
  • Right middle third uretet stone of 10mm

I have lower right abdominal pain for last 2 months. CT scan shows a 10mm ureter stone. a urologist ask me to this stone should be removed and I had to admit in hospital. I hear this hospital has no lithotripsy my question is which methods are used for stone removal what is the recovery time in hospital...

Last reply
  • Kidney stones?

I had Lower back, lower abdominal pain, and groin pain all on the left side. No pain on the right side. I experienced this all last week. My mom was pretty convinced it was kidney stones because my pee had what looked like sand it it. I'm feeling better but still sore in my groin area. And today...

Last reply
  • 4mm stone. pressure in bladder, weak stream

Hi all. I was diagnosed with a 4mm stone 3 weeks ago when I went to the ER with horrible pain on the right side of my waist line ( had a CT scan done . This is my first stone. The doctor said that the stone is a few centimeters from entering the bladder. I was sent home with some pain killers...

Last reply
  • Bladder irritation during/after kidney stone passing?

I was in the emergency room last Sunday with a kidney stone -- 4mm --  at the time the doc said it was 2 inches away from entering the bladder.  It was very painful while the stone had passed through the ureter which is why I finally went in and  for the week before I'd had painful...

Last reply
  • Severe pain due to kidney stent

Id be grateful for some advice please. I have had a JJ stent in place for the last 3 weeks after an operation for stone fragmentation failed due to a narrowing of the tube near to the stone. I was due to go back in to have the procedure done again today.. but the surgery has been cancelled. During the...

Last reply
  • Chanca Piedra, does it work?

Does anyone have experience using this herb to prevent stones and/or make current ones easier to pass? I'm reading mixed reviews and wondering if it's just snake oil? The people reviewing it on Amazon mostly rave about it, which makes me wonder if the sellers have anything to do with the reviews....

Last reply
  • Non obstruction kidney stone pain

Help! I've been having severe pain on and off for a couple of years. Each time, I'm told I have kidney stones in each kidney, but they should not be causing the pain because they are non obstructing.  Has anyone else had this issue? I'm starting to feel crazy. 

Last reply
  • My three year old has got stag horn kidney stones

After all the scans going including X-ray,CT,ultrasound,dsma scan my little girl who's only three has staghorm kidney stones and been told she have to have keyhole surgery to remove it I'm one worried mam.  Has anyone experienced this before?

Last reply
  • Hyperparathroidism and kidney stones

I am being slammed with all symptoms of hyperparathyroidism and know I need surgery on it but I have several kidneys stones that have to be dealt with first one causing hydronephrosis.  Has anyone here had the parathyroid surgery and what surgeon did you use?  I am looking into using Dr. Norman...

Last reply
  • Kidney stone

Can someone please help me! I been dealing with a stone that still in kidney. And urologist keep saying it shouldn’t cause but it dose! Just left er and they saying same thing 

Last reply
  • Stent pain/ kidney pain.

I've had a ureter stent in for 2 weeks now, a couple of years ago I had the same done (although that lasted only a week) and the pain I've been experiencing now doesn't compare to then. First I had to wait to the Hospital to order the machine, but I was not instructed by anyone to not take...

Last reply
  • Stint?

Was just wondering if the leave stints in when you leave the hospital after PCNL surgery? 

Last reply
  • Lithotripsy- worse each day

So I had lithotripsy on Monday at 2:30pm and it went really well. I had one 8mm stone that they broke up and I woke up without much pain, came home in a good mood and couldnt help but be relieved at how much easier it was than my January ureteroscopy.  My first time using the bathroom after surgery...

Last reply
  • Multiple kidney stones

Advice please!  I have had ongoing UTIs for around 6 months. I was taken into hospital last week and they diagnosed kidney stones in both kidneys. They are small ish but are clustered together so are 12mm, both sides. I am waiting for an appointment to see the urologist now. But I have the worst...

Last reply
  • Stint Hurts

kidney stones!    I had Lipotripsy done last Thursday. March 22, staghorn stone. 11x14mm.   My side has been hurting on and off for over three months having a history of kidney stones I know what it feels like when one is ready to pass.  Finally after going to the doctor and begging...

Last reply
  • Feeling continuously sick with a kidney stone, is this normal?

I was told on September 1st of this year I have a kidney stone. (Started at 6.4mm and went up to 7mm) since being diagnosed, I've suffered regularly with cramping sensations in my lower abdomen and have been feeling sick almost daily, to the point where I easily throw up and usually can't eat...

Last reply
  • Pain on right side and sick on stomach

pain on right side from back to groin and also under right rib cage ,urine is dark yellow at times but have had several urine tests and they all are ok,pain started about 5 or 6 months ago in my back but now this . Going for ultrasound this Friday ,hoping and praying that it's nothing serious. ...

Last reply
  • PCNL Surgery...Any advice greatly recieved.

I am due to go in for this op shortly for 19mm(prob bigger now)stone. I have had other surgery for stones but never this. Obviously i know what they are going to do and that its far more invasive than other methods. Have read so much conflicting advise about how long in hospital/recovery time/pain management....

Last reply
  • Kidney stones and heartburn ?

Anyone else with kidney stones had heatburn or acid reflux, I had the camera down but they couldn't find anything to cause the heartburn but an ultra sound to confirm the kidney stone. HELP

Last reply
  • Stuck Kidney Stones for Months

I have a 5mm Kidney Stone. Pain was mild when it first started (I went to the ER because I was more scared and didn't know what it was than in pain). It hurt, but I was overall lucky with it. However, after visiting a urologist a week after it happened, and he told me how low of a chance it had of...

Last reply
  • Kidney or liver pain

Not sure what is going on but having some pain in right kidney area for several months had CT scan to check lungs and it was OK but found a fatty liver but was told that that was a common thing then had a MRI on my back and said that I had 2 bad disc but I have never been a big water drinker but after...

Last reply
  • Kidney Stone, Nausea WORRIED

Help I started to feel unwell in December with pains on my left side with nausea and indigestion after many blood tests and ultrasound they found an 8mm stone. I went to see the urologist yesterday and she was very off hand and said nausea is not part of kidney stones unless there lodged which she said...

Last reply
  • A possible kidney stone solution

I had my first kidney stone at the age of 34,  1 cm stone that was surgically removed and stent put in for a week. For year she now I have taken magnesium citrate and no symptoms since (I am now 39). In December I had an ultrasound of my lower body for a ruptured ovarian cyst and low and behold...

Last reply
  • No pain passing stone??

Just wanted to share what I've tried to help me get through my last 2 stones. The past 2 times. I've bypassed the excruciating pain and the stone went straight to my bladder. I started to feel a lot of pressure like if i have a UTI, as soon as i feel this i take a Flomax and a Macrobid pill....

Last reply
  • Has anyone else experienced this?!?!

I was diagnosed with my first kidney stone in Nov 16 at the age of 20.. I was told that it was only small and I could pass it by myself- when the pain settled I was discharged and sent home with pain relief... about 2 months later I started to feel a ‘tingle’ like sensation 24/7 in the bladder area which...

Last reply
  • Anyone else? Help!!

My husband has been dealing with kidney stones for most of his life.  He's had 2 surgeries to remove large ones & had 2 lithotripsies last year.  He has also been told he has Renal Tubular Acidosis but they have not prescribed any meds for this.  They have told him to follow a...

Last reply
  • Not another one!

6 months ago, I had 3 back-to-back ureteroscopy surgeries to remove 100s of stones. I thought I was done with all this.  6 months of clean living and for the past week I’ve had pain and discomfort until today I pass a stone.  Why??!!!!  

Last reply
  • Weird pain with kidney stones

A year and a half ago I woke up in the middle of the night with awful flank pain. I went to the ER and based on traces of blood in my urine, frequent urge to urinate and pain, they diagnosed me with a kidney stone. Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I started having a dull ache in my side, same side as...

Last reply
  • 1 cm Kidney Stone, not bothering me (yet)

Over the last 15 years, I have had three kidney stones which I have passed. Once each blocked  the ureter, the pain was beyond horrible. I knew I had a fourth one and today I had an ultrasound, and it is now 1 cm in size. That is probably too big to pass. My doctor says it could move tonight,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.