Skip to content
Ad

Kidney Stones

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• kidney stones

just looking for some thoughts . I had 5 stones with a double blockage in Feb last year. over months the two were sorted but was still left with 3 with one that has grown to 8 mm ( seeing the consultant in march) only 14 months after first being diagnosed !. anyway... for a few months I have what I...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sharp intense kidney pains, possible kidney stones? Any help??

Hi im a 23 year old and I wonder if anyone can help? I have been admitted to urgent care 3 times in 4 weeks with what doctors believe is kidney stones I am waiting for an ultrasound which is tomorrow morning and I have a urogolist app in two days time. The pain can only be described as someone sticking...

Posted
  • Recovery After Kidneystone Surgery

I had mt fist kidneystone or should i say stones and im 29 years of age female at tht. I had my surgery 12/20/2017 5days before Xmas bc i was in pain i had a stent place in but ive been nauseated since November which is when i found out i had kidney stones. Well on 1/15/2018 bout 10 days later i hd my...

Last reply
  • severe stitch

hi all, I am experiencing severe stitches and pain in my right kidney . it's been going on for months and is 10 out of 10 for pain. I had 5 stones in Feb 2017 and still have an 8 mm one in my left kidney they say cvording the most recent ct scan I don't have any in my right kidney but this...

Last reply
  • CT Scan miss some stones?

I went to the ER during the wee hours of this past Friday morning for labor - like pains that I suspected was a kidney stone passing. I had my first kidney stone a year ago that was large and it had to be treated with a lithotripsy, so this was my first experience with "passing" one. The nurses...

Last reply
  • 5mm kidney stones and the pain i have is very bad

I went to the ER last week and was told i have a 5mm kidney stone and that it will pass on its own. that was on a tuesday and the following saturday i had to call in sick because the pain got so bad that i was delirious. the pain has since gone down but it is always there. I can not call in sick any...

Last reply
  • Struvite stone info please

I recently had Lithotripsy and got the stone report today. My stone was calcium oxalate coated with struvite. Everything I've read says struvite stones are a result of UTIs and antibiotics should be given. I've never had a UTI so am now totally baffled. Help!

Last reply
  • Diet for Kidney stones

Last yr I had 2 stones one on each side about 13 mm and was removed thru litho ....I am scared now cause im getting the same dull pain in one side ..how can it be this soon ....I am hearing that you should be on a low protein diet even though my doctor gve me a list of do's and dont's to eat...

Last reply
  • Me again...with an update

Had KUB xray today and found out the stone had been successfully shattered in my Lithotripsy 10 days ago. I've passed tiny fragments and a powdery substance and Dr. expects I may pass more of that same stuff. Thankfully, I've had no pain whatsoever and have "strained" very little, so...

Last reply
  • Scared

I delievered my baby in October 23 . Two weeks later I went to the er because I was in the most complete worst pain in left side I thought maybe a kidney infection I found out after a CT I had kidney stones in my left and right kidneys they told me fairly small enough to pass on my own. I also had a...

Last reply
  • So I am curious how many deal with this.

Greetings to all. I have dealt with Kidney stones going back to when I was about 12 years old. First time it was confirmed was when I was 17, thought I was going to die from the pain. Turned out to be about a 5mm elongated stone that took about 2 months to finally come out. Was a calcium oxilate (as...

Last reply
  • Stuck Kidney Stones for Months

I have a 5mm Kidney Stone. Pain was mild when it first started (I went to the ER because I was more scared and didn't know what it was than in pain). It hurt, but I was overall lucky with it. However, after visiting a urologist a week after it happened, and he told me how low of a chance it had of...

Last reply
  • Sepsis from a kidney stone!

Hello. I had another kidney stone block my ureter on my left side just after Christmas. I went to the hospital A&E with pain and was sent home to come back for a scan in the morning. Had awful night abs was relieved to be going back to hospital in the morning but by that time I was also throwing...

Last reply
  • Medication

CT showed 7mm stone stuck in the UV junction with moderate/severe hydronephrosis, Doctor said needed appointment with Urologist STAT....well STAT is two days away and 50 miles away.  No antibiotic or pain medication, is this the norm nowadays?  

Last reply
  • kidney stones

just looking for some thoughts . I had 5 stones with a double blockage in Feb last year. over months the two were sorted but was still left with 3 with one that has grown to 8 mm ( seeing the consultant in march) only 14 months after first being diagnosed !. anyway... for a few months I have what I...

Posted
  • PCNL Surgery...Any advice greatly recieved.

I am due to go in for this op shortly for 19mm(prob bigger now)stone. I have had other surgery for stones but never this. Obviously i know what they are going to do and that its far more invasive than other methods. Have read so much conflicting advise about how long in hospital/recovery time/pain management....

Last reply
  • Stone and Stent "Free," but I'm still COLD

If anyone else has had this problem,or if you have any idea about what could be wrong, I would really appreciate hearing from you.   On Oct. 23rd I had surgery, and the doctor could not get the stone out - impacted in the distal part of the ureter. He put a stent in, which stayed in for 7 1/2 weeks....

Last reply
  • Stone Stuck in Kidney.

Hi I am just home from surgery to have a 7mm stone removed from my kidney. I was previously meant to have this done on November 23rd but due to my ureter being too narrow, I had a stent placed in for the past 6 weeks. My surgeon explained when I had woken up from surgery today that the stone is kind...

Last reply
  • I am sore

I had kidney stones removed keyhole surgery a month ago. For past few days really sore where scar is and there is a stitch that will hopefully work its way out at some point. One stitch has already worked its way out. Why has this happened now and why was I not sore before this? Think it may be where...

Last reply
  • Kidney stone advice please

Hi I would really like some advice please. I have had for about 8 months a pain in my right side at the bottom of my back. Sometimes I get tingling sensations running up and down my back. The pain at the bottom when it's bad feels like it's about to explode. About 6 months ago it started to really...

Last reply
  • Feeling continuously sick with a kidney stone, is this normal?

I was told on September 1st of this year I have a kidney stone. (Started at 6.4mm and went up to 7mm) since being diagnosed, I've suffered regularly with cramping sensations in my lower abdomen and have been feeling sick almost daily, to the point where I easily throw up and usually can't eat...

Last reply
  • Kidney stones

Hi everyone ! I was In a car accident on 10/6/17 where I was rear ended at a stop light, I started experiencing horrible back pain and neck pain. Long story short I ended up at the hospital because I started urinating blood. I thought I was pregnant and was having a miscarriage me and my partner were...

Last reply
  • MY KIDNEY STONE EXPERIENCE

I first passed my stone in 2010 by myself. i knew i had a stone but it was not that big, one night i was about to out with my friends whilst in the bath room i passed it unexpectedly, i picked and washed and kept it. My mistake was i did not do any follow up with my doctor. Little do i know it can grow...

Last reply
  • Non obstruction kidney stone pain

Help! I've been having severe pain on and off for a couple of years. Each time, I'm told I have kidney stones in each kidney, but they should not be causing the pain because they are non obstructing.  Has anyone else had this issue? I'm starting to feel crazy. 

Last reply
  • Bleeding from kidney stones

I went to the ER on 11/20/16 when I woke up and saw blood in my urine. They gave me a CT scan and saw multiple 4mm stones in the lower poles of both kidneys. They said that they didn't see any stones passing at the time. I did experience pain in my left side while I was there, but that only lasted...

Last reply
  • Questions about Lithotripsy

Since an ultrasound shows a 7mm stone, I'm suspecting I will need Lithotripsy. I'm on Plavix , however, which I'm afraid will complicate matters. I'd welcome comments about the Lithotripsy.

Last reply
  • TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT LITHOTRIPSY

I'm scheduled for Lithotripsy for my 7 mm stone and I am unbelievably stressed about it! Everything I read is so scary. Does it ever go well with decent recovery? Is it ever painless? Do the stones ever pass quickly or am I in for several weeks of agony? I'm trying to get into the right frame...

Last reply
  • Had Lithotripsy -havent passed stones!

So...I had the Lithotripsy 2 days ago for an 8 mm stone. I've been straining my urine but all I've passed were 2 tiny tiny pieces that looked like sand but were hard like stone. I'm drinking plenty, but wondering where all the little pieces are!? Is this common?

Last reply
  • Here's a crazy one for ya'!

So...I had Lithotripsy 4 days ago for an 8 mm stone in my left kidney. I'm straining my urine and have still only passed about 5 tiny (grain of sand sized) pieces. I'm drinking plenty of water so don't know why more fragments aren't passing! The only mild pain/discomfort I have is in...

Last reply
  • Kidney stone questions

Hello I am brand new to this forum, I am doing this through my phone so please forgive any typos. I was doing a search on the internet for kidney stone pain and some threads came up from this site, I hope I am posting in the right spot. I am male 40 years old, this morning I woke up with a incredibly...

Last reply
  • I AM STENT FREE !!!

After 8 1/2 weeks, and 2 different stents, I am finally Stent Free. Went to the doctor yesterday to have the stent removed. When I got to his office I was told he was going to do a Cystoscopy and also remove the stent. When the doctor came into the room with the nurse, I asked him if he was going to...

Last reply
  • Severe pain due to kidney stent

Id be grateful for some advice please. I have had a JJ stent in place for the last 3 weeks after an operation for stone fragmentation failed due to a narrowing of the tube near to the stone. I was due to go back in to have the procedure done again today.. but the surgery has been cancelled. During the...

Last reply
  • My friend is in pain

I have a friend in Florida. He has uric acid stones. He says these can be broken up with certain medication unlike calcium-oxalate stones which have to pass or be blasted. The course of medication is 15 days long though! So, he is at home in severe pain. He has 1 stone in each kidney and 1 in his bladder....

Posted
  • Non obstructing kidney stones

I have had re-occurring kidney stones for 10 years, now I have another in the right kidney and I'm told these do not cause pain, the e r doctor wanted to prescribe a lidocaine patch since she felt the pain was not from the stone. Totally frustrated with these doctors!!!!

Last reply
  • Chanca Piedra, does it work?

Does anyone have experience using this herb to prevent stones and/or make current ones easier to pass? I'm reading mixed reviews and wondering if it's just snake oil? The people reviewing it on Amazon mostly rave about it, which makes me wonder if the sellers have anything to do with the reviews....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.