Kidney stones and stent pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi iv had two operations for a 9mm kidney stone stuck in my right ureter the first one was January 2021 I had a cystoscopy and uretherosocopy and a jj stent inserted and then on the 5th of March I had another cystoscopy and uretherosocopy and the stone lasered and another jj stent inserted the stents have been evil one of the worst things iv ever had the pain is excruciating I had a ct scan the other day to check if this second operation has worked has anyone had any issues where the surgery didn't work and if so what did the doctors do next also i am worrying about when the stent comes out is it painful plus iv had blood in my wee which I know is expected with a stent but iv not passed anything that looks like fragments of stone from when they lasered the stone should I have passed anything by now or will it be too small for the naked eye to see

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I think your post was three weeks ago but I’ve only just had my stent in operation on Tuesday and it’s been hell. Constant urge to we and irritation in my urethra feeling shaky when I pay but looking at these boards it feels it’s exactly the same for everybody so I tried to take a little bit of comfort from that let us know how you go

• Edited

I went into the hospital last sunday, a week ago, with sever kidney stone pain. Turns out I had 6mm stone that was stuck. I was sent for surgery on the following Monday to remove the stone. I as well had a stent that was placed in which did cause a lot of discomfort. I also believe it was moving more than it should. However, I was told to remove the stent on Thursday which is 3 days after the surgery. I removed the stent snd for the first two hours I was fine. Then the pain came on strong. Enough that i went back to the ER.

The ER doctor believed i had a kidnry infection with a lot of severe bruising snd other issues showing up on my CT. The urologist didnt believe a kidney infection and just said inflammation. I got myself discharged from the hospital and have been at home ever since dealing with the pain in my lower back, flank, lower right abdomen, and groin. I have noticed that the pain tends to flare up most when a blood clot is working its way out of my kidney.

• Edited

i just had the surgery this past Monday. I as well didnt notice the "broken" up stones come out. I have since take the stent and been in severe pain with passing large blood clots in my urine.

I did have to go back the ER regarding removing the stent and the pain. They did another CT scan and it didnt show any stones on my right side which is where the surgery occurred.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.