15 weeks on citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone.....I'm now on 15 weeks of Citalopram, I've not posted for a couple of months as I've tried to keep busy, mostly decorating to keep my mind busy. I'm still struggling with anxiety, depression, panic attacks, isolation and not thinking clear at all, I do try to get out at least once a day and if I do that then for me it's an achievement. I've told myself I will give the meds 6 months before stopping and not have AD's. I have felt like quitting from the first week but I'm still going but at a struggle. Does anyone know When to know if the medication is working? I just don't remember having good days there more like bad days but can get better bad days if that makes sense. Feeling confused as I thought I might be feeling a lot better by now.

Any advice would be grateful.

Thank you all

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jeffrey I thought I was the only one struggling after this amount of time its difficult mate. what symptoms do you get with the anxiety? Do you work?
  • Posted

Hi brye no i dont work im feeling better on the mood front but still finding it difficult to stay in the car as soon as i stop driving the anxiety builds and start to get restless.I have been on 20mg for a number of years but increased to 30mg at the end of january.....Jeff
    • Posted

Hi Jeff can I asked why you increased after years taking this med? how were you on 20mg?
    • Posted

Hi brye i think i have been depressed for a while because i lost my mum and dad and sister in law over the last few years.my sister in law died at christmas and shortly after had a really bad panic attack and started to cry so the doctor increased my dose....jeff
    • Posted

Hi Jeff I'm so sorry to hear of your loss mate, I no what it's like to lose a parent, my dad passed away in 1995 he had a heart attack in my arms. I still think about him till this day. Heart goes out to Jeff through your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.