15 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone 😊 I'm 15 weeks post of of 10cm by 11cm dermoid cyst on right ovary which both had to be removed ...! I'm finding each day a new struggle my moods are up and down, I feel very emotional.! In the last few weeks it took toll on my relationship and we are now on a break... So I took it upon myself to do something....

i phoned my doctor explained everything and now I've been put on citalopram she thinks I have a slight sign of depression... I'm 25 and struggling to come to terms with everything and just think my hormones are taking over... 

Any one one else going through this? 

Love Stacey xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

I had the same kind of op around 5 weeks ago, one ovary and a 30cm cyst removed. However I'm on the pill and continued to take it which I think has helped me lots. From what I was told your other ovary is left to compensate and your hormones will be up and down. I think eventually it'll balance again and you'll get there just not sure how long it'll take.

On the other hand I also know how it feels coming to terms with everything. I still hit lows occasionally and I feel slightly like half a person. On the hand I'm just glad it's gone along with a lot of worry that came with it.

Hope you feel better soon

Sue xx

• Posted

Hey sue,  hope your well? Yeh I was told the same but I didn't start the pill till about 3 weeks ago...  I also feel like half a person like I'm not the person I was ? I know that sounds stupid but it's a weird thing to explain... I'm glad it's gone just wish the after pianos would go because I just think of the worst 😒 

hope me your well 

love stacey xxx

• Posted

Hey!

Thanks so much for making this post! I had a laparoscopy almost 6 weeks ago, and I'm struggling to bounce back emotioanlly and mentally even though physically I'm 99.9% better. I've been struggling with what feels like anxiety, and really low moods. I'm 20, and I've been struggling with low mood for years but this feels different... I think I'll call the doctor too, just to make sure everything's alright. 

I hope you feel better soon, and that you manage to take control and be happy again soon!

Jessie smile 

• Posted

Hey my lovely hope your ok?  Did you have a cyst too on your ovary? Ahh I'm glad other people can relate to what I'm going through too... I feel emotionally drained with everything from the operation to my relationship ending... So that hasn't helped the emotions going wild!

Yeh I know what you mean by low moods because I suffered with them also, I'm very funny when it comes to babies too like my friends and family are either pregnant or have had their babies... It feels so weird to not be able to show my input of happiness if that makes sense ? 

Honestly calling the the doctor was a release for me, I've just got to find some spare time to ring the counselling team! But it's worth speaking to your doctor those Jessie will be the best thing you do! 

Let eat me know how you get on 😊 and if you need any one to chat too, chat away 😁 

love stacey xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.