15 yeael daughter with heart palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all ,I just found this site, doing a Google search, so my15 year old daughter has always had a higher than normal heart rate, but this week she just under went another episode of unexplained nausea, and vomiting, after a few days of that , she had gotten up last night to use the restroom, and she came out looking pale and shaky, she told me her heart was pounding so hard she felt it clear in her back, I felt her pulse and it was racing so fast it was scary ,I was gonna take her to the er and it finally calmed down , but now when she stands up it's still pounding hard, she has an apt with her gp tomorrow, can anyone give me any ideas on what this could possibly be so I know what to ask the Dr to have her tested for? I am worried sick , thank you in advance for any answers

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry about the typos, I didn't proofread !

• Posted

Hi there Nikka,

Try not to worry too much about this (easier said than done) i have something called positional cardiac arrhythmia which can do this to me. So after vomiting i have had heart palpitations. I calm them back down by breathing deeply and holding my breath before slowely exhaling or changing my position such as getting on all fours and then raising my legs so the knees aren't bent. It may sound weird, but this helps. I've had it for 30 years now, it doesn't show up on ECG and i don't have medication for it because i hardly have it affect me. Ask the doctor to test your daughter's iron and b12 levels as these can cause symptoms of nausea and dizziness that i believe lead to the heart racing sometimes. I am sure the doctor will run tests they think will be beneficial in finding the cause/solution though.

Hope that helps.

Beverley

• Posted

Hey,

Hope she feels well very soon.

It’s very likely that this  could be due to nutritional deficiencies usually a result of anemia due to Vitamin B12, Iron, folate deficiencies. Magnesium deficiency can also cause arrhythmia. I agree with Beverley get a blood test to determine if she has a deficiency or not. 

Also, according to health.harvard.edu, dehydration, anxiety, stress or panic all of these can cause heart palpitations. So make sure to encourage her to drink half her body weight in ounces daily. Also try to determine if she has stressors in her daily life and if she does work on removing those stressors. 

Hope this helps, and please keep us updated. Hope she feels well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.