15 year old's x ray scan, is this mild or moderate scoliosis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think, it doesn't really matter. What matters, is that, do you feel some pain because of it, or do you feel yourself bad 'coz you have this curved spine (you look in to the mirror and hate yourself..)

I should do some kind of joga, streching exercies (i do hanging boots, maybe special training (i do not pull any weight strait from the ground, only pulling exercises from above and lying exercises))

• Posted

Hi matchinox, it's difficult to say from the xray due to the fact that the pelvis isn't shown which would provide context regarding whether the hips are level and the curve is in fact due to the spine having scoliosis as opposed to just bad posture. However, the curvature in the upper region is concerning.

Idiopathic scoliosis can progress very rapidly during rapid periods of growth. As girls typically undergo puberty and rapid growth in their early teens, and given this xray is of a 15 year old, it is possible she has not finished growing, and as a result the scoliosis could worsen. However, you can utilize these growth spurts as a corrective force.

Keep in mind that there ARE different types of scoliosis and as such the cause and treatment options (and expected outcomes) can vary:

While pain isn't common with kids and teens, pain can develop in adulthood depending on the severity of scoliosis, its progression, degeneration of the spine, and other factors.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.