15 year old seizures and Lyme.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Where do I start? I'm Angry. I'm so upset with these so called functional doctors. I'm full of disappointment. And I just want my son healed.

I'm told it can't be healed but symptoms can be controlled. I don't accept that.

It's like it's just no big deal that he is having seizures daily and grand mauls in his sleep.

I've had to find 3 different means of getting the tests I want. Finally last week I get the results. Lyme.

I said it was Lyme but the first doctor said no, we treat lots of Lyme patients and have for years. None had seizures. No more tests till he gets an MRI.

So I go to someone else and beg for the western blot test. But even he won't return my call now that we know it's positive.

I have lost all faith in doctors of any kind at this juncture.

I feel like I am alone and must just treat him myself. Figure it out alone.

With no insurance we have drooped more $5000.00 since May on tests and supplements.

Please any natural health help out there? Does anyone truly kill this bacteria?

Sincerely & In Tears,

Healthy Skeptic

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Healthy Skeptic 

I've just read your post and my heart goes out to you. I don't have Lyme's disease so truly cannot advice you.

However, I do understand your tears and frustration and you have my deepest empathy as I've got severe ME/CFS and there's many overlapping symptoms. the diagnostic procedures can be equally vague. often no-body knows what they are working towards. at least ME/CFS can be diagnosed by a means of exclusion, but with Lyme's disease it's ever so fraught to get a proper definitice diagnosis, from which to go clearly forward. 

Healthy skeptic, I can only offer you my heart felt empathy and wish you well in your journey towards a proper diagnosis & treatment.

C.

• Posted

thank you Healthy Skeptic. I'll keep you in my meditations. don't give up.

with heart felt compassion 

C

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear of your son's present condition. I support your insistence and persistence in the midst of so many contradictory opinions. If your son does have Lyme and it may be bringing on seizures or other conditions, I encourage you to find a competent doctor/neurologist  who understands these connections and is willing to treat the Lyme. They do exist. In Boston, there is the Dean Center at Spaulding Hospital. Also, you may do some research on building immunity and herbs which help to lessen Lyme (Buhner prortocol, Dr Rawls, and others).

I wish you well- this can be treated and the sooner the better.

• Posted

Thanks for your Response. I actually have him on a sugar free mostly grain free and dairy free diet. Not even fruit. None of that has worked. So now we added high fat. I have him on DE, HP, Patasite cleanse, CBD, and many many herbs and supplements. I've researched like mad. He will see his 3rd doctor next week. I only going cause I want use of the doctors hyperbaric chamber. I am at a loss. With 2 doctors not helping I am distraught. He actually has 3 doctor appointments in next 2 weeks. Plus I meet over the phone with a natural lady who cured her own son's seizures. But he did not have lyme with it. That we know of.

Praying God will lead and heal. Thank you again.

• Posted

I am so sorry for the trouble you are having. I was diagnosed with Lyme last summer. When my doctor finally tested me, he said I didn't have it, I got so bad, I changed doctors and was sent to a neurosurgeon for fluid on the brain. He figured out I had Lyme and the result was 4 times higher than it should have been. I was given three weeks of antibiotic and felt good. But in a few months it all came back. They tested and said I was clear but I am not. It has left me with problems that will not go away. Rather than treat for Lyme they are putting me thru other tests and treatments for inner ear.i will see my neurologist the end of Aug, a three month wait. I have no idea what will happen then. I hope you get some answers very soon. I wish I could help. I do a lot of reading on Lyme so if I find anything helpful,I will let you know. I will keep you and your son in prayer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.