Skip to content

Lyme Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • HELP WITH NEXT STEPS PLEASE

Hi I will try to shorten this as much as possible! Diagnosed (via blood test) with glandular fever (Epstein Barr) April 2017 and generally been unwell ever since. My neck still swells weekly, along with my arms and eyes. Tiredness, blurred vision, nightsweats, racing heart..... GP did some general blood...

Posted
  • how long for symptoms to appear?

I had a bite from something in 1967 (in suffolk) , the only reason i remember is because i was scratching it and my mum asked to have a look.  It was a round rash and my mum said i had ringworm, i put on some cream and forgot about it' In 1997 i was in texas and the same thing happened, a bite...

Posted
  • lyme diagnosis...do I have it?

Hi everyone, So I was diagnosed with lyme along with some co-infections by my holistic doctor after testing positive for western blot (IGG: 23, 41, 93, IGM:41 along with positive IGG for bart. hens. and mycoplasma p.) back in April after being sick for roughly 5 months and despite my traditional doctors'...

Last reply
  • Lyme and pulse

Hi I posted a few weeks ago but i don't know where to find. Sorry if i post again, i am not really got at this stuff. I m from Romania so please excuse me if i do grammatical mistakes. So, I have Lyme like the rest of all, diagnosed 7 months ago, on round 2 of abx : doxycycline and ciprofloxacina...

Last reply
  • Is this a Tick bite?

Hello Everyone I recently discovered what I think is some kind of insect bite behind my knee that I do not recognize. I am wondering if it could be caused by a tick? I know it doesn’t have the bullseye rash. But it is red, had a white spot in the center and has a hard bump. I know all bites can be...

Last reply
  • Struggling to find diagnosis ( Lyme like symptoms) Any advice?

Hi, I am a 22 year old female who has been suffering from a variety of disabling and disconcerting symptoms for the past six months. I am constantly tired mentally and have nonrestorative sleep (normal sleep study result). I am also physically fatigued, although the severity waivers. Some days I am...

Last reply
  • Please help me understand testing

Hi. I am having a multitude of mysterious symptoms and I'm just getting worse. My body is so exhausted, I have terrible weight loss, I run unexplained fevers... and so much more. It's so incredibly difficult not knowing what is happening to my body - as I'm sure most of you understand. Anyway,...

Posted
  • Sinus tachycardia and possibly lyme

I was at the doctors and he said my heart rate was fast so he checked it again and again and it kept getting fast up to 150bpm. So he called an ambulance and I got admitted to the hospital and they gave me iv fluids and anxiety medication, neither worked. And a whole lot of tests were done, all normal....

Last reply
  • Supplements? Weight gain? Where do I start??

Hi guys! After a nearly year-long process of being turned away by doctors who dismissed my symptoms as just stress or hormones, I finally got a diagnosis last week of Lyme disease and have been on doxycycline the past 6 days. The Herxheimer reactions were awful (and my doctor, who was not well-versed...

Last reply
  • Anyone else have western blot results like this?

My husband and I are from the New York area.  He had sever lymes when he was about 6/7.  No one had noticed this until he was very ill, which took weeks maybe months.  He was treated with 6 month antibiotics.  A few years later had a flare up and was treated with 6 months antibiotic...

Last reply
  • AONM/Armin Labs Warning

Hello I've just registered specifically to do this review on AONM who organise private lyme testing in the UK. They are partnered with Armin Labs in Germany and from what I can tell are very popular with patients in the UK wanting to get a private test done. I unfortunately have had a horrible experience...

Last reply
  • 1 year of weird symptoms...Possibly Lyme?

Hello all, About a year ago this July, I started experiencing what would eventually become a long list of symptoms and can say with some confidence that this has been one of the worst years of my life. It all started with some eye discomfort, as if I had some type of burning conjunctivitis or something....

Posted
  • Not making any progress

I was diagnosed with Lyme, bart, & babesia about 2 months ago. I've had it now for 2 years I believe & ive had so many symptoms. At first when I started reading about Lyme I thought it was a fit with me & I had pulled numerous ticks off of me before feeling bad. I'm from Kentucky...

Last reply
  • 18 year old with mobitz 1 hearth block and weird neuro symptoms

Hi my name is branislav, and i just found out i have hearth block, combined with all the weird neuro sfuff i have i think it might be lyme. I also live in endemic tic area and i have been exsposed to tics. The problem is no doctors belive to me its lyme.And if im corect hearth block is typical lyme...

Last reply
  • Herx or doxycycline reaction

Hi, I’m kind of new to all if this. I was diagnosed with lupus and secondary fibromyalgia. I’m on plaquenil ever since but have not seen much improvement. There are good days and bad days but it’s hard for me to live a normal life. I had to quit my job about a year ago when my symptoms started suddenly....

Last reply
  • Tick bite (Lyme disease)

I just woke up at 5 to get ready for work and I felt some discomfort on my right foot and looked down and saw a small rash underneath my middle toe

Last reply
  • What do tick bites look and feel like?

Nearly 30 years ago I had a bite on the inside of my thigh. It was a raised lump that was very white with red at the top and red around the base. The lump inself was hard to the touch and the closest thing I can think to what it looked like is an unripe strawberry. with hair follicles in place of the...

Last reply
  • Pain between shoulder blades, sternum, and jaw joint pain

A few months ago I went to the ER with sharp pain between the shoulder blades wrapping around to a very painful breast bone. Blood work show it was not heart related. My family doctor prescribed muscle relaxants and physical therapy. The last few days I have had a feeling like an ice pick stuck between...

Last reply
  • I'm at my wits end...

It's been about a year or so now since I started having these symptoms. The first ones I noticed was the sharp chest pains. I lift a lot at work so I figured it was related to that, but one day the pain was so intense I had a panic attack and Went to the er thinking it was my heart. The doctor did...

Last reply
  • Blood work symtoms

I am wondering if normal blood work would indicate the presence of Lyme disease thru an elevated white count?

Last reply
  • PLEASE HELP!!! Certain I have Lyme disease.

Hello all. I’m new to this forum, and am hoping to get as many responses as possible, because I am in dire need of insight and help. I’ll start from the very beginning. It is now February of 2018, and in July of 2017, I was bitten by a deer tick. I found it attached to my lower back, although there...

Last reply
  • feedback desired

Hi everyone. First let me tell you that my heart goes out to those of you suffering from this disease. I do not have Lyme. My childhood friend has it and I am working on a fundraising event to get her treatment. I wish to post a paragraph or two where I summarize the disease to the people I am asking...

Posted
  • Extreme water retention a symptom of Lyme?

Hi everyone. Long painful story short, I was finally diagnosed two months ago with Lyme after suffering through two years of unexplained fatigue, hair loss, muscle weakness and severe depression. I'm currently under a protocol of antibiotics and natural herbs to combat the disease. I know it's...

Last reply
  • Lyme disease?

So I've got the classic rash of Lyme disease. PIC - https://ibb.co/c1oWdm  Don't know what else it could be other than an allergy to a mosquito bite? There is a puncture mark in the centre and it's a little itchy. I've also got horrible joint pain in one of my knees -  prone...

Last reply
  • Help needed

I've been having horrible headaches with jaw pain, neck pain, hurts to eat, and my throat will hurt when eating or if I talk for to long. My temple vein bulges too and will hurt. My All on the right side. Has anyone have this issue, currently waiting on my results back from igenex. Can lyme mimic...

Posted
  • Burning throughout body and head

Hi!  I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in 2013 and due 2 the fact I was put on horrendous psych meds 4 this (Gabapentin, Zoplicone, Seroquel and Remeron  which I have spent the past 3 years slowly tapering off) I have been unable 2 treat my Lyme Disease.  Some of the w/d symptoms I am...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.