Skip to content
Ad

Lyme Disease

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lyme - neurotoxin - does anyone else have these symptoms?

HI I have had Lyme disease which I'm hoping was cured by 3 weeks of doxycycline. The problem is i still have numbness and pain in my feet and hands and a very strange symptom of pain under my thumb nails. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this (the thumbnail) and also any advice on when...

Last reply
  • sick for over 30 years......test results negative

I have been chasing a cure for my illness for over 30 years....Cushings? MS? CFS ?  ?   I have had almost all the symptoms of Lyme except joint pain, so recently my husband thought maybe I have Lyme and wanted me to get tested, but the results are negative. I'm wondering if I should try...

Last reply
  • Unsure I feel I have Lymes Disease.

Hello all!  I am 18, type 1 diabetic and have been mysteriously suffering for a long time now. In April of this year I began suffering from eye problems, everything was persistently grainy and pixelated, also this gradually descended into problems with my eyes adjusting to bright lights, when I...

Last reply
  • Sick from one year

I never even thought Lyme disease because I never noticed a bite but I do have this growth on my back that I noticed around when I got sick I thought it was a zit and I had a hormonal imbalance. But its not a zit its just a sometimes itchy dime size growth the middle is a faintly dark dot BUT no opening....

Last reply
  • AONM/Armin Labs Warning

Hello I've just registered specifically to do this review on AONM who organise private lyme testing in the UK. They are partnered with Armin Labs in Germany and from what I can tell are very popular with patients in the UK wanting to get a private test done. I unfortunately have had a horrible experience...

Last reply
  • Extreme water retention a symptom of Lyme?

Hi everyone. Long painful story short, I was finally diagnosed two months ago with Lyme after suffering through two years of unexplained fatigue, hair loss, muscle weakness and severe depression. I'm currently under a protocol of antibiotics and natural herbs to combat the disease. I know it's...

Last reply
  • Need help, not sure what is happening or what 2 do.

Hi!  I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in December 2013.  At that time I was treated with 3 months worth of Minocycline and a very limited amount of the C****n p*****l.  I had 2 come off the Minocycline due 2 the fact I had had c-diff three times that year.  Since that time I haven't...

Last reply
  • Possible Lyme disease cure using a "RIFE MACHINE"

I have heard of some really good results from a friend that had lymes disease and she said the Rife Machine is what finally cured her after trying so many other things. She said she got the machine from RIFEULTRAHEALTH.COM online website. There are testimonials from other people that were completely cured....

Last reply
  • Is this a Herx reaction

HI, Im nearly finishing a 3 week course of doxy. About 2 weeks ago i developed a rash and very very sore toes and thumbs which at the time i put down to sunburn due to photosensitivity. Since then i have been reading that this may be a Herx reaction. My feet are so sore its hard to even walk on them....

Posted
  • Could this be Lyme?

will try to be as brief as possible, here is a list of my symptoms: extreme tiredness / fatigue shockingly bad memory severe depression that comes and goes in waves confusion and forgetfulness forgetting people's names and can't add up painful joints especially feet and knees occasional swollen...

Last reply
  • Pain between shoulder blades, sternum, and jaw joint pain

A few months ago I went to the ER with sharp pain between the shoulder blades wrapping around to a very painful breast bone. Blood work show it was not heart related. My family doctor prescribed muscle relaxants and physical therapy. The last few days I have had a feeling like an ice pick stuck between...

Last reply
  • Do i have lyme disease? Advice please

Hello all I'd appreciate your thoughts on my symptoms please. In the beginning of May I noticed this rash/ bite on the inside of my knee. It actually spread even bigger than the pictures and took weeks to disappear. Now I cant remember if I felt any flu type symptoms around this time, but about one...

Last reply
  • Worse pain now than before

Hi, I am 47 years old, and was diagnosed with Lyme Decease about 2 months ago.  I believe I have had the decease for 8-10 years.  I was put on antibiotics for 30 days and I am scheduled to see my doctor in 1 week.  I feel so much worse now than before.  I have a lot of pain in my...

Last reply
  • I'm not sure if I have bartonella or something? Please help me!

Hello I'm 20 years old, and 10 years ago I had hundreds of baby ticks on my for about two weeks. I didn't go to a doctor, I just bathed in a solution and plucked them all out. A few weeks after my lymph nodes were swollen but my mother just said it happens with puberty. A few years later I started...

Last reply
  • Lyme disease - antibiotics didn't work

Hi, Im just looking for a little advice or if anyone has a similar experience. Three and a half weeks ago I discovered a tick attached inside my belly button. I had most probably picked it up three days before when I was walking in a forest. Due to where the tick was i was not able to remove it myself...

Last reply
  • Should I be worried...? Pics included

About 10 days ago I was in some long grass, didn't notice being bitten but a couple of days later I noticed an itchy bite. http://i68.tinypic.com/2liaj2e.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/5kr9mx.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/9uci0w.jpg I just thought it was a regular bite but it has now spread and is on...

Last reply
  • Numbness &Tingling progresses with alcohol?

So im noticing more and more wierd symptoms. For one, sugar and caffeine causes a burning scalp that almost feels as if acid is poured onto my scalp along with itching. But I had drank beer, which i have not in quite some time. I am aware i have a sensitivity to wheat but typically i just get a little...

Last reply
  • Is the Lyme back?

Im not even sure how to start this, so ill start with the basics. I am 18 years old, and at the end of 2016 i finally recieved the news that something was in fact wrong with me, but no one expected the answer to be Lyme Disese. I was born and raised in florida, so after 15 years, and more doctors then...

Last reply
  • Working out after being diagnosed with acute lymes

Hi everyone, I started antibiotics (doxycycline 21 days) yesterday for Lymes disease. I'm not sure what stage I was in. The doctors were thinking stage 2, as I had ptosis in one eye and fever/headache/body aches/stiff neck for the last 3 weeks. I am an avid runner, and am having a hard time resting...

Last reply
  • Hydroxychloroquine (plaquenil) side effects

I have been on this for a couple of weeks and have the following intermittent issues. My jaw muscles are very sore on both sides like a TMJ pain, feeling of blocked ears, dizziness, bloodshot itchy eyes, occasional shotness of breath, and flares of flu like symptoms. This along with my usual dagger...

Posted
  • What is this??

Thank you for taking the time to read this in advance. I had been hoarse for 3 months and it started to worry me, no pain, but just raspy. I went to an ENT and he diagnosed me with GERD. (i don't have chest pain or heart burn) i started taking omeprazole and went on a non acid diet. 7 days later...

Last reply
  • My experience of Lyme disease and treatment in the UK

Hello everyone, I felt it was important for me to share my nightmare experience of living with lyme disease, the struggle to get treated and the long journey to finally I hope remaining symptom free. This is my story. I live in London. In 2010 whilst sitting in my garden I felt a sharp pain on my forearm....

Last reply
  • Vital plan or Results RNA

I am curious if anyone has tried either of these alternative treatments and if they have gotten any positive results. I get such bad reactions to many antibiotics thatnI would like to stay away from them. Rick

Last reply
  • Herx or Doxycycline Reaction?

My wife has been suffering from chronic lyme and bartonella for a while now, and is has progressively been getting worse. She had been put, once again, on doxycyline -- 100 mg in the AM and another 100 mg in the PM.  After a week of this, she started developing severe leg pains in both legs.  Muscle...

Last reply
  • New lyme rash has appeared - how is this possible!?

Was diagnosed Lyme in early June due to large bullseye rash but really no other symptoms then.  Treated with amoxycillin for a week and then doxcycline for 2 weeks.  Was really ill during that time and sort went in 3 day cycles with day 3 being completely bed ridden and very difficult to move...

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with Lyme any advice

Diagnosed June 2017  took doxy 100 mg twice a day for 3 weeks. Finished. Still feel terrible my arms and legs get so tired just doing little tasks is this normal. My dr now has me on omnicef 300 mg twice a day and biaxin 500 mg twice a day.  

Last reply
  • Lymes disease a second time but much worse

So about 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with lymes disease again, and this time it is far worse than last. The doctor said he has only seen it this bad in a handful of people. Anyways I thought I was having liver dysfunction or something of the sorts, so I had an ultrasound done and they said all of my...

Last reply
  • Where do i go from here

I will keep this as brief as possible as its a long story. I belive i had chronic lyme after becoming ill in 2012 it took until 2016 to test positive for a co infection ( Anaplalma ) but lyme was negative i was referred to ID and retested this time Anaplasma positive again also IgM positive but IgG neg...

Posted
  • 15 year old seizures and Lyme.

Where do I start? I'm Angry. I'm so upset with these so called functional doctors. I'm full of disappointment. And I just want my son healed. I'm told it can't be healed but symptoms can be controlled. I don't accept that. It's like it's just no big deal that he is...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.