Aanaplasmosis in the UK..and I an furious and let us all take care of avoiding infection.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have Anaplasmosis known as tick born fever. My level is currently 1.128 ..the lowest. I have been told this is an American disease. Imagine my surprise to find it appears to be well known in British Sheep and cattle. Furthermore it does not look easy to treat as despite the correct antibiotics it is not gone. I have been lied to on a constant basis it would seem. The symptoms are similar to Lyme. However this infection alters bone marrow as well as kidney function. Since this infection recent bloods have revealed that other autoimmune disorders are developing. I was originally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, key tests were not done even though I said I had been bitten by a tick..near a field of sheep in Derbyshire as it happens...I have yet to do bone marrow tests, the NHS are not playing ball at all...This infection also attacks the kidneys. Although this us supposed to be an acute infection, not chronic, my experience shows the opposite can occur as it is known to do in cattle and sheep. The test needed for this is called a Ehrlichia test and can be argued for on the NHS. This infection can be contagious through blood and organ donation. This is a deeply upsetting experience with no light at the end of the tunnel and no answers from medical professionals.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, can really empathise. I share a similar experience, as do many I think, particularly in terms of getting little in the way of answers or support from the NHS. Although my own GP was really kind and did try to help. I don't have anaplasma, but do have bartonella which is a co-infection of Lyme disease. Have you tried any natural treatments? I can't link the book I'm thinking of as my comment will be deleted. Herbs have really made a big difference for me, although before all this I would have been disinterested or sceptical about the power of plants to heal. Don't think I'll ever be the same as before I was bitten, but I'm well enough to have a relatively normal life, by which I mean hold down a job. Good luck to you.

• Posted

thank you so much for getting back...I will look up the herbs..these infections are isolating because they are out of the normal for GPs..they simply cannot handle them..xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.